PDA

View Full Version : 128 Days Left to MK!!!!

Disney World Dad
08-04-2010, 09:59 AM
We are so excited, and this time we are bringing out 2 year old daughter! (she will be by Dec.)!
Has anyone experienced dificulties with young children at Disney, such as Illuminations etc?

Some rides we will be able to hold her on, but we still anticipate some issues with her. Also, diaper changing stations? I'm sure they are available.

Thanks,

Disney World Dad!:mickey:

BigThunderFan
08-04-2010, 10:40 AM
We took our daughter for the first time when she was 2 and she loved it! You are right, there are many rides you will have to skip/parent swap on, but many you can hold her on.

The big deal is making sure she gets plenty of rest. Long days in the parks make for very tired/crabby kids of all ages, but especially that young. Take afternoon breaks where she can go back to the hotel and sleep for a few hours and get away from all of the stimulation in the parks. This is especially true if you plan on staying late for parades/fireworks like Illuminations. The real deal is making sure you know your child, will she be scared of the fireworks?

Take it slow and experience the world through your child's eyes for the first time, it will be magical I promise!

ali'sdad2003
08-04-2010, 10:51 AM
Make yourself aware of the baby changing areas at each park. They are great places to change with padded changing tables and a clean place to change your child. Also, all of the bathrooms have changing stations in the men's and women's. They are build into the wall and not those flimsy plastic things that you see at most places. My DS2 would just stand up. This made of a quick, easy change. Also, it is very hard to guess what will freak them out. My DS2 was freaked out by the gun battle in TGMR. That was really the only thing. He would "cover" his eyes and peek through his fingers. Really cute. Have fun.

darthmacho
08-05-2010, 05:28 AM
If you go in knowing that you're going at a toddler's pace, then you should be just fine. Also, you're going during a cooler time, so your child's energy should be good. I took my 2yo in August and the heat wiped her out.
I know all kids are different, but my DD loved the costumed characters (Mickey, Pooh, etc) but wouldn't go near the human characters (princesses). She did accept a big hug from Ariel though. :mickey:

indytraveler
08-05-2010, 10:43 AM
When my kids were younger we did alot of autograph/picture hunting. Make sure you have an autograph book that helps.

I would even suggest some "homework". Watch as many Disney movies as possible several times over to familiarize your child with the characters. It's like they have a connection with them when they meet them. This way when you see the characters in the park your kids don't say to you who's that?
Have fun