PDA

View Full Version : LeCellier to become 2T on DDP??

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-04-2010, 09:54 AM
I just read on another website (usually an extremely reliable one) that in March 2011 that for the DDP that LeCellier will become a signature restaraunt and go from 1T credit to 2T.:(

If accurate, it's a shame, as much as I like LeCellier it doesn't rank up there with the other signature restaraunts. I think Disney may simply be cashing in on LeCellier's extreme popularity to elevate it to another level. The food and ambiance alone do not warrant the upgrade.

Hope this isn't true, but the source is usually always spot on.

Scar
08-04-2010, 10:14 AM
There's a current thread in the News Forum.

DizneyRox
08-04-2010, 12:06 PM
I hadn't heard an actual date before. As usual with rumors, there's often SOME truth in them. Except the one about "Disney building a theme park in [my backyard or insert location here].

TheDuckRocks
08-04-2010, 12:56 PM
I wonder why they are waiting until March 2011 to do this. Wouldn't it make more sense to do it in Jan. 2011 when the DDPs do their annual changes? Seems like this will just add a bunch of confusion to the whole thing.
JMO, but there is no way in heck that I would use 2 dining credits for LeCellier, it is not even close to being in the same catagory as the other 2 credit restaurants except for Brown Derby and after going there it's not worth 2 either.

Maleficent_vf
08-04-2010, 01:51 PM
If this rumor is true, I gotta say I don't think we'll be dining there anymore (at least not if we're on the DDP). There are just too many other dining options available at EPCOT and there are other (better)options at WDW if you want to burn two dining credits. Oh well...:(

PopPhan
08-04-2010, 02:08 PM
I wonder why they are waiting until March 2011 to do this. Wouldn't it make more sense to do it in Jan. 2011 when the DDPs do their annual changes? Seems like this will just add a bunch of confusion to the whole thing.
JMO, but there is no way in heck that I would use 2 dining credits for LeCellier, it is not even close to being in the same catagory as the other 2 credit restaurants except for Brown Derby and after going there it's not worth 2 either.

It may have something to do with the 180 +10 window for making ADRs -- Anyone who has already made reservations cannot be held to the change, so they will implement the change just before the 180 +10 window begins.

IF this is to be implemented for the beginning of March, you should hear the official announcement before the end of this month, to apply to any reservations made for dining on March 1st or onward.

Basket Mommy
08-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Well, now I might finally be able to get an ADR there, but unfortunately I don't want to use 2 credits on Le Cellier. It's my favorite in Epcot, but I don't see it as being worth 2 credits AT ALL.

DizneyRox
08-04-2010, 03:08 PM
I'm sure they will still take cash and credit cards...

Goes4FastPass
08-04-2010, 03:15 PM
It's OK with me.

I'm sure those people who would never dream of eating anything but steak will still set thier alarms to make an ADR the minute their 180+10 window opens.

wdw dude
08-04-2010, 07:26 PM
I love LC, but they're going to have to do A LOT of upgrading before I would use 2TS for it. :(

:mickey:

Disney4us2
08-04-2010, 08:02 PM
I have only been there once for lunch and liked it. I would probably do the lunch again OOP.

DD loved the chocolate "moose".:thumbsup:

mrmcgiv
08-05-2010, 12:15 AM
after our last dinner there I would not even use 1 table svc on LeCellier, let alone 2!

DisneyDoug2
08-05-2010, 07:34 AM
If this is true getting ADRs will become a whole lot easier! Not sure if its truly worht one credit let alone two.

biodtl
08-05-2010, 08:24 AM
Le Cellier is one of those places we have never managed to get to, but keep saying "next time..." Now, I'm not so sure we will - I don't know that I want to use up 2 TS credits for it. Or for any place, for that matter.

The only place we used 2 TS was Brown Derby and the only reason we did was because we had the extra (because we did HDDR one night and paid cash to ensure closer seats) and it was our last day & we wanted to use them up.

I like DDP, because it's pre-paid & lets us not have to worry about spending as much cash, so I like to stretch those credits.

KAT1811
08-05-2010, 10:00 AM
after our last dinner there I would not even use 1 table svc on LeCellier, let alone 2!

:ditto:

The restaurant was a huge disappointment a few years back and we have yet to return. We don't do the dining plan so it really wouldn't impact us. When we want a great steak we head over to the Yachsman.

I feel badly for those who enjoy it that would no longer go because of the 2TS increase. :(

PinKy
08-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Wow.

Um - that's weird, don't you think?

I mean, I love the food at Le Cellier - we're big fans - go every year, etc.... but its not even CLOSE - not the same ball park as the service and ambience you get somewhere like the California Grille (2 point dining). At Le Cellier you have Canadian exchange cast members etc who are 18, 19 years old - at most 2 point dining restaurants at Disney you have professional UNION waiters who KNOW their food/dining/wine and it shows.

I don't think we'd do it either..... shame.

jpH/keD
08-05-2010, 02:49 PM
I love LeCellier but 2 TS credits...? Not sure but would that put it on the same level as Victoria & Albert's?? If so I think that is a bit of a stretch....at least for me. Sorry to hear this.

darthmacho
08-05-2010, 03:46 PM
True or not, I'm glad I'm finally fitting it in just under the wire...just in case! :mickey:

Mickey91
08-05-2010, 05:40 PM
We will definitely not use 2TS for it. Not even close to worth it.

marlyn
08-05-2010, 06:03 PM
I've never been able to get in to Le Cellier. Being Canadian I am curious what all the fuss is about. Personally, I don't think any of the World Showcase restaurants are worh 2 cedits. I don't see Le Cellier being any better than the rest (but like I said I have never eaten there).

If any of you are craving Canadian food...come on over. We are having Maple Glazed Salmon on the BBQ this evening. I have a freezer full of salmon...my kids are getting tired of it LOL

LVT
08-05-2010, 09:20 PM
Starts in March and is for dinner only. Lunch is to remain 1TS credit.

Polynesian Dweller
08-05-2010, 09:52 PM
One bit of perspective is that the announcement indicates that there will be a new menu at the same time. That's the key. Do that and make it equivalent to the other signatures and then it will be worth it. As such, the current menu shouldn't be used to say 2TS credits is too much.

Donald's Girl
08-05-2010, 10:15 PM
I must say I'm thrilled if this is true. Since we figured out a long time ago that the DDP wasn't worth it at all (after they changed from appetizer and tip included) it should be much easier to get the ressie I want!

fatboy
08-06-2010, 10:47 AM
I may be mistaken but I think Le Cellier was 2 credits the first year of the plan along with Cinderella's royal table. Then they both switched to one the only CRT switched back to 2.

sherriepaul
08-06-2010, 11:12 AM
This is interesting because on other threads everyone loves le Cellier and I was planning on booking for our trip next year. We have never been, so I wonder if we will go there?

Would anyone recommend going to any of the other 2 credit restaurants? I was possibly thinking Brown Derby, but I don't know. Ideas everyone?

DizneyRox
08-06-2010, 01:21 PM
Narccoossees is one of the best meals I've had on property by a long shot. I don't think I'd spend two credits on it, but it is a signature meal if you do decide.

We do OOP, wouldn't bother with the DDP...

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-06-2010, 01:48 PM
This is interesting because on other threads everyone loves le Cellier and I was planning on booking for our trip next year. We have never been, so I wonder if we will go there?

Would anyone recommend going to any of the other 2 credit restaurants? I was possibly thinking Brown Derby, but I don't know. Ideas everyone?

We ate at Brown Derby once, didn't really feel at the time it was worth 2TS, fortunately they only charged us 1TS, so we felt better about it. Only other signature restaraunts we've tried is the Yachtsman Steakhouse, which was very good, and Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge, again very good and would recommend both.

BigThunderFan
08-06-2010, 03:08 PM
I love LeCellier but 2 TS credits...? Not sure but would that put it on the same level as Victoria & Albert's?? If so I think that is a bit of a stretch....at least for me. Sorry to hear this.

Even one of the traditional 2TS Signature restaurants are nowhere near the same level as Victoria & Albert's. No children are allowed at V&A, you have to wear a jacket, and the whole meal lasts around 3 hours (for a measly $350/couple). Not even California Grill compares to this dining experience, let alone Le Cellier...

Mickey91
08-06-2010, 10:51 PM
I may be mistaken but I think Le Cellier was 2 credits the first year of the plan along with Cinderella's royal table. Then they both switched to one the only CRT switched back to 2.
I think it was 1TS. Coral Reef on the other hand was 2TS at one time.

Mickey91
08-06-2010, 10:54 PM
Even one of the traditional 2TS Signature restaurants are nowhere near the same level as Victoria & Albert's. No children are allowed at V&A, you have to wear a jacket, and the whole meal lasts around 3 hours (for a measly $350/couple). Not even California Grill compares to this dining experience, let alone Le Cellier...
Victoria and Alberts isn't even accepted on the regular dining plan.

We enjoyed it and I think others have enjoyed also. But it isn't even close to being good enough for 2 TS.

fatboy
08-07-2010, 05:50 PM
I think it was 1TS. Coral Reef on the other hand was 2TS at one time.

You are correct!

crltkcagle
08-07-2010, 07:01 PM
This stinks like yesterdays diapers! :(

PETE FROM NYC
08-08-2010, 07:40 PM
We had dinner in Le Cellier once around 20 yrs ago, and if I remember correctly, then it was cafeteria style.
Last yrs trip we could not get a dinner, so we had a lunch there and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I tried to book a meal for this September but called too late.
I like the place, but if I were on th DDP, I do not think I would use 2 credits there or any place else for that matter. We enjoy good food as much as the next person, but we also try hard to stay within budget.
IMHO, 2 credit "signature restaurants" are a rip-off.

faline
08-08-2010, 07:55 PM
We had dinner in Le Cellier once around 20 yrs ago, and if I remember correctly, then it was cafeteria style.

Yes. I remember eating at this location when it was before it was table service. You walked along the back wall and selected the items your wanted. You could request a slice of prime beef as I recall. I did not eat there again for many years after that experience.

Gator
08-09-2010, 04:32 PM
I can pretty much guarantee that the Lunch time slots will fill up really fast. That being said, unless they change the menu, I can't see it being worth 2TS. I'd would just skip the DDP and then go to Le Cellier.

However, this just gives me an excuse to finally get my family to some of the other places I've been wanting to try. San Angel is bleh, and we always do Akershus. But I'd like to try the UK, Germany, or France. Assuming I'll ever be able to afford to get back.

Mickey91
08-09-2010, 04:53 PM
Well at least those who want to eat with same day ADRs will have somewhere to go!

Checkers
08-11-2010, 05:41 PM
I just read on another website (usually an extremely reliable one) that in March 2011 that for the DDP that LeCellier will become a signature restaraunt and go from 1T credit to 2T.:(

If accurate, it's a shame, as much as I like LeCellier it doesn't rank up there with the other signature restaraunts. I think Disney may simply be cashing in on LeCellier's extreme popularity to elevate it to another level. The food and ambiance alone do not warrant the upgrade.

Hope this isn't true, but the source is usually always spot on.

Read the same thing. We have a dinner ADR for Oct. and will not be on the DP. If they do indeed go to 2TS I would hope they would change their menu. Also, I find it disturbing that the tables are so close together. We will be going back in March with family and most likely will do the DP but I would not use 2TS credits for LC. Just not in the same league as most of the other signature restaurants.

Lynn J Mc
08-13-2010, 11:16 AM
Maybe now I can get in to have the cheese soup for lunch. Not the whole meal just the soup and a drink which I wouldn't have used one of my DP credits for any way.

tundramom
08-13-2010, 03:41 PM
Confirmed!

LauraF
08-13-2010, 03:56 PM
Yet another reason why I have stopped buying the DDP. It is no longer a good deal.

I never saw the big attraction to Le Cellier; maybe because it was the only 1TS steakhouse? Either way, Disney probably just shot themselves in the foot. Le Cellier versus Narcoosee's. Easy winner there (sorry Canada.)

When it was first out with the tips included, it was worth it - saved about 40%. Now I have to spend time figuring out how to make it "worth it." No thanks Disney.

disneymom2000
08-15-2010, 12:39 AM
Yep - this is no rumor. I had a feeling this was going to happen. It seems whenever anyone on the board asks about Le Cellier, everyone goes on and on how great it is. This is one of the downfalls of spreading information. From reading recent posts, it may be in the future that Coral Reef or Les Chef's de France goes to 2TS charge. :spoiler::twocents:

DisneyDINK
08-16-2010, 12:34 PM
Last 2 trips I wasn't able to book Le Cellier; I've never eaten there before. I finally got an ADR for late January. I'm glad it will only cost me one TS point! I don't know how it can live up to the hype.

javamama
08-17-2010, 02:37 AM
I'll stick to the Cali Grill for 2 TS, it blows LeCellier away your totally rushed out of there constantly. Don't get me wrong the food is good, but not 2 TS good.