PDA

View Full Version : Getting the Mansions ot POR

Stu29573
08-04-2010, 09:03 AM
Ok, we're down to just over a hundred days until our trip, and we are staying at POR. My wife really wants to stay in the mansions and I noted that when I made our reservations way back in the spring. However, I know you should remind them closer to the actual trip date. My question is- When is the best time to remind them and by what means (phone, fax, sky writing, telepathy, etc) I'm pretty sure you can't note this on the advanced check in... Any ideas? Thanks!

104 days to go!:mickey::D:mickey:

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-04-2010, 09:58 AM
I don't think it does much good to ask this early. I've always put the request in at the point I've made the reservation, then the week before or of our trip I fax down a reminder request, usually for a specific building, not so much a specific room.

Anything earlier probably wouldn't do much good as they wouldn't have a fully accurate view of their bookings.

#1donaldfan
08-04-2010, 01:44 PM
As long as it's on your original ressies, just wait till your 10 days out and call the resort. They will have your specific reservation at that point as each resort gets them from a central reservation "hub" 10 days out. Just ask 'em to check to make sure your "request" is still noted. We do this evey year and thus far has worked well for us.....good luck and have fun !!:mickey:

Stu29573
08-04-2010, 03:49 PM
Thanks guys!