PDA

View Full Version : password

GusNJacque
08-03-2010, 11:14 PM
Is there any way to know what your password is set at? Mine is automatic from my computer so even if I want to change it I can't put it in because I am not sure what it is. Does that make sense?

John
08-04-2010, 07:23 AM
The only way to retrieve your PW is to go here:

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/login.php?do=lostpw

PopPhan
08-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Is there any way to know what your password is set at? Mine is automatic from my computer so even if I want to change it I can't put it in because I am not sure what it is. Does that make sense?

Depends...If you are using FireFox for a browser, you can go to the Tools dropdown, select Options, then click the Security icon. That will bring up a dialog with a button the says "Saved Passwords" that will bring up ALL the sites you have saved your used ID and password for. (You will need to hit the button "Show Passwords" to get them.)

GusNJacque
08-05-2010, 10:47 AM
Thanks Mr. John--that doesn't let you retrieve it--it makes you change it.

Wow Pop that is a great thing to know about Firefox. Good information to have. Didn't help in this case but I use it at work & that may come in handy.

Thanks for the information and have a magical day! :mickey:

John
08-05-2010, 11:29 AM
Right - it wouldn't be secure to send your actual password back to you unencrypted via email - thus it makes you change it.

For my money, the whole save password and show the password in firefox seems like a great way for someone to steal all your information - unless a password secures that list and the ability to do that - which would be - well - ironic....