PDA

View Full Version : European Football Thread, 2010-2011 Season! Let it begin!!

Davyjones
08-03-2010, 09:46 PM
Hi again everyone!! :D It's that most wonderful time of the year again!!! It's time for the European leagues to start play!!! I figured this year we could talk about multiple euro leagues, not just the EPL, even though it's my favorite!! :) Let the discussions begin!!

As a Liverpool supporter, I am stoked about this season!! Especially since Torres reaffirmed his commitment to the club today!!! I know we are in a "rebuilding" year, but that won't stop me from hoping for a title this year!! I just hope the club can be sold away from Hicks and Gillett so we can move forward and not look back!!

So, what do you guys got? :D

*Thanks to Hammer for closing down the previous thread so we can start a new one!! :thumbsup:

Davyjones
08-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Laughed greatly at this story. Yossi is still the man!!:

One of soccer’s most notorious hazing rituals was finally conquered this week as new Chelsea signing Yossi Benayoun turned the tables on his would-be tormentors.

Until now, every new player who joined the Chelsea squad faced the embarrassment of being forced to stand on a table in front of the English Premier League champion’s entire playing and coaching staff, belting out a song of his choice at full volume.

Israel international Benayoun, who signed from Liverpool in an $8.8 million transfer, looked set to become the latest victim of ridicule as senior players ordered him up on to the makeshift “stage” for his performance.

He stunned his audience, however, by bursting into a rendition of “You’ll Never Walk Alone” by Gerry and the Pacemakers, the anthem of the archrival Reds.

“I started to sing ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’ but all the other players started shouting,” Benayoun said. “They wouldn’t let me carry on, so I had to do something different.”

As well as clearly possessing a wicked sense of humor, Benayoun also has the ability to play a crucial role in the outcome of the upcoming EPL campaign, which starts August 14.

With Joe Cole having headed in the opposite direction by joining Liverpool, Benayoun’s arrival brings some welcome creative spark in midfield.

After ending a three-year EPL drought by winning the title in May, Chelsea will enter the new season as favorite, closely followed by Manchester United.

While previous summers have seen the club lavish millions on several expensive new signings, this year has been more about investing in style — on and off the field.

The attractive, skillful midfielder should help head coach Carlo Ancelotti’s ambition of making Chelsea not only the best but also the most free-flowing team in the league. And away from soccer, the side will certainly look the part after agreeing on a ground-breaking partnership with fashion label Dolce & Gabbana.

D&G has designed a range of formal wear for the players to use on the way to matches, and will deck out the club’s locker room with a collection of opulent fittings far removed from the traditional players-area look.

Once a Red, always a Red! ;)

RAIDER
08-05-2010, 03:18 AM
Its going to be an interesting season thats for sure with a renewed battle for the 4th spot and Manchester City seeming to spend on transfers what an nation spends already . If Mancini doesnt get that 4th place hes ruined ..

It will be interesting under Hodsgon and Redknapp

Chelsea & Man Utd have an ageing team and i think will struggle but will be in the top 3 for sure ,i hate saying it if Arsenal can sort out their defence i think they could be the dark horses this year :thumbsup:

Davyjones
08-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Did everyone else see that Martin O'Neill resigned as manager of Aston Villa today? I was shocked! Bad news for the club. I liked him as a manager. I wonder what happened that made him quit so soon before the season started? :confused:

RAIDER
08-10-2010, 03:28 AM
Did everyone else see that Martin O'Neill resigned as manager of Aston Villa today? I was shocked! Bad news for the club. I liked him as a manager. I wonder what happened that made him quit so soon before the season started? :confused:

Rumour has it it was over the James Milners possible transfer to Manchester City and Villas future ambition . O'Neill is not the type of guy to hold back and at some point he will tell the true story within the comming weeks for sure.

Todays news is that Bob Bradley the USA coach is intertested in the job ,but from now, there will be a whole host of names thrown in the .

One things for sure all Prem managers will be looking over their shoulders now with O'Neill free as he is a major catch for any club ,even Cappello :D. Liverpool must be kicking themselves that they appointed Hodgson with O'Neil free ;)

sportsguy2315
08-15-2010, 08:53 AM
There's good things and bad things for having my Toffees having Tim Howard:
Good: Since he's a recognizable face in America, Everton highlights get play here.
Bad: When the only goal in a 1-0 loss was off a dropped ball that got kicked in.

Looking for at least a point next week against Wolverhampton.

Davyjones
08-16-2010, 09:03 AM
Oof. A draw. I'll take it, I guess. Quite a blunder from Reina, who, in my opinion, is one of the best keepers in the world. Very rare of him to make such a large mistake. But overall, Liverpool played a very good match, even though they were down a man in the second half. Fo Arsenal, the question remains about their goalkeeping.

Another season begins! Good luck to everyone out there!!! :thumbsup:

RAIDER
08-16-2010, 10:05 AM
There's good things and bad things for having my Toffees having Tim Howard:
Good: Since he's a recognizable face in America, Everton highlights get play here.
Bad: When the only goal in a 1-0 loss was off a dropped ball that got kicked in.

Looking for at least a point next week against Wolverhampton.

Oof. A draw. I'll take it, I guess. Quite a blunder from Reina, who, in my opinion, is one of the best keepers in the world. Very rare of him to make such a large mistake. But overall, Liverpool played a very good match, even though they were down a man in the second half. Fo Arsenal, the question remains about their goalkeeping.

Another season begins! Good luck to everyone out there!!! :thumbsup:

Dont worry Everton will come good ,they have such a good team and Cole should never have been sent off .. Arsenal were so lucky

How Spurs didnt win against City i will never know :confused:
But we have a big game tommorrow in the Champions League qualifiers :thumbsup:

Davyjones
08-16-2010, 10:46 PM
Dont worry Everton will come good ,they have such a good team and Cole should never have been sent off .. Arsenal were so lucky

How Spurs didnt win against City i will never know :confused:
But we have a big game tommorrow in the Champions League qualifiers :thumbsup:

Good luck in tomorrow's match, Raider!! :thumbsup:

RAIDER
08-17-2010, 03:24 AM
Good luck in tomorrow's match, Raider!! :thumbsup:

Cheers Davy ..you must have been grinding your teeth saying that one after Spurs nicked your CL place :thumbsup:
I will be heading straight home after work and watching the game behind the sofa :D

The Reservoir Dog
08-17-2010, 04:53 AM
A bit gutted with Spurs not being able to score against Man City. To dominate a game like that and not get the win especially against one of the teams you will be scrapping with all season.

Yes looking forward to tonights game in Switzerland but not happy that it will be on an artificial pitch.

Come On You Spurs!!!! :number1:

RAIDER
08-18-2010, 03:20 AM
A bit gutted with Spurs not being able to score against Man City. To dominate a game like that and not get the win especially against one of the teams you will be scrapping with all season.

Yes looking forward to tonights game in Switzerland but not happy that it will be on an artificial pitch.

Come On You Spurs!!!! :number1:

As our Harry said " that was a glorious defeat"
What a let off last night for Spurs...
Its going to be "squeaky bottom time" at the Lane next week ..
What a return match its going to be :beer:

RAIDER
08-26-2010, 03:22 AM
Yeah ...were in the Champions League for the first time in our history ....Spurs were brilliant last night...Now for the draw tommorrow ,i hope were seeded 2 :number1::number1::number1::beer::beer::beer:

RAIDER
08-26-2010, 02:01 PM
Group A:
Inter Milan, Werder Bremen, Tottenham Hotspur, FC Twente.

Group B:
Lyon, Benfica, Schalke, Hapoel Tel-Aviv.

Group C:
Manchester United, Valencia, Rangers, Bursaspor.

Group D:
Barcelona, Panathinaikos, FC Copenhagen, Rubin Kazan.

Group E:
Bayern Munich, Roma, FC Basel, CFR Cluj.

Group F:
Chelsea, Marseille, Spartak Moscow, MSK Zilina.

Group G:
AC Milan, Real Madrid, Ajax, Auxerre.

Group H:
Arsenal, Shakhtar Donetsk, Braga, FK Partizan.

My god i think Spurs have drawn the group of death along with Group G !!!

Matchday 1: 14th/15th September
Matchday 2: 28th/29th September
Matchday 3: 19th/20th October
Matchday 4: 2nd/3rd November
Matchday 5: 23rd/24th November
Matchday 6: 7th/8th December

Davyjones
08-28-2010, 02:31 PM
Group A:
Inter Milan, Werder Bremen, Tottenham Hotspur, FC Twente.

Group B:
Lyon, Benfica, Schalke, Hapoel Tel-Aviv.

Group C:
Manchester United, Valencia, Rangers, Bursaspor.

Group D:
Barcelona, Panathinaikos, FC Copenhagen, Rubin Kazan.

Group E:
Bayern Munich, Roma, FC Basel, CFR Cluj.

Group F:
Chelsea, Marseille, Spartak Moscow, MSK Zilina.

Group G:
AC Milan, Real Madrid, Ajax, Auxerre.

Group H:
Arsenal, Shakhtar Donetsk, Braga, FK Partizan.

My god i think Spurs have drawn the group of death along with Group G !!!

Matchday 1: 14th/15th September
Matchday 2: 28th/29th September
Matchday 3: 19th/20th October
Matchday 4: 2nd/3rd November
Matchday 5: 23rd/24th November
Matchday 6: 7th/8th December

It does look like Groups A and G are the "Groups of Death". Very strong clubs in those groups!

As for Liverpool, quite a kick in the teeth against Man City. :( Hope we have a better showing against West Brom!!

Davyjones
08-29-2010, 02:32 PM
Torres for the win! Glad he was able to open his account today! Good win for LFC!!! :thumbsup:

Hodgson has talked about getting another forward on the squad, but has not mentioned any names. Obviously, he is not so keen on David N'gog, and neither am I. So who's available on the transfer market? :confused: It does close on Tuesday. Any thoughts, gang?

RAIDER
08-29-2010, 03:42 PM
Torres for the win! Glad he was able to open his account today! Good win for LFC!!! :thumbsup:

Hodgson has talked about getting another forward on the squad, but has not mentioned any names. Obviously, he is not so keen on David N'gog, and neither am I. So who's available on the transfer market? :confused: It does close on Tuesday. Any thoughts, gang?

Wel if were talking about forwards in the Prem League .... Gabriel Abonglohor from Aston Villa , Darren Bent from Sunderland , Bobby Zamora from Fulham,Carlton Cole West Ham,Andy Carroll from Newcastle ( thats who i would go for ) and the surprise one ..A comeback from Robbie Keane from Spurs as Redknapps looking to offload him :beer::thumbsup:

As for Spurs comming back with a bang ..I think it was a splat !!! when we lost to Wigan !!! I am speechless !!

Davyjones
09-11-2010, 09:37 AM
Wow. How about Fergie dropping Rooney from the Everton match in order to spare him from the "abuse" from the crowd from his recent scandal. I say let the man take his punches and move on. He'll just get it 10 times worse the next time he plays there.

And now to continue to cross my fingers for Liverpool's match against Birmingham tomorrow!!!!!!! :D

RAIDER
09-19-2010, 01:14 PM
I am eating my words on chelsea there looking good .
Spurs let it go against Werder Bremen last week .
But at least we didnt loose to Wolves again :thumbsup:

Davyjones
09-21-2010, 09:06 PM
I figured we could at least draw with Man U. At 2-2, I thought we actually were going to. Ugh. It's going to be a LONG season this year... :unsure:

I just hope the ownership situation solves itself really soon or we are doomed...

Davyjones
09-22-2010, 10:32 AM
On a positive note, Real Madrid is currently tops in La Liga! :thumbsup: At least one of my clubs is doing well.

Davyjones
10-03-2010, 02:26 PM
Okay, so I'm going to say it: 2-1 Blackpool-LFC!?!? I am now in full crisis at Anfield and anger mode!!!! What's going on there!?!?

:mad:

RAIDER
10-05-2010, 08:58 AM
Okay, so I'm going to say it: 2-1 Blackpool-LFC!?!? I am now in full crisis at Anfield and anger mode!!!! What's going on there!?!?

What a shocking result .....
Whats going on i personally think ....

Well i dont blame Hodgson ,you dont become a bad manager overnight ,i remember when Spurs got rid of Martin Jol when we were bottom and i didnt agree with that descion

The players Benitez bought are being found out and its not helping internally . All of this doesnt help the team . I am sure come Jan when the transfer window opens Liverpool will buy and get themselves out of the hole there in

The Reservoir Dog
10-05-2010, 09:59 AM
What a shocking result .....
Whats going on i personally think ....

Well i dont blame Hodgson ,you dont become a bad manager overnight ,i remember when Spurs got rid of Martin Jol when we were bottom and i didnt agree with that descion

The players Benitez bought are being found out and its not helping internally . All of this doesnt help the team . I am sure come Jan when the transfer window opens Liverpool will buy and get themselves out of the hole there in

Have they got the money?

They desperately need to sort things out at board level.

I'm just glad that Joe Cole never came to Spurs otherwise we would never have bought Van Der Vaart :)

RAIDER
10-06-2010, 02:40 PM

DAVY
heres the latest news on your team
Umm the Liverpool Red Sox ...now you must be happy :D

Taken from Sky Sports today

New England Sports Ventures (NESV), the owners of the Boston Red Sox, have had their £300million bid to take charge at Anfield accepted by the club's board.

The planned takeover has been delayed, with current co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett launching a legal challenge to proceedings as they seek a higher price in exchange for their stake.

But in a move designed to ease the fears of supporters following their most recent experience of owners from across the Atlantic, NESV have outlined their track record of success at the highest level.

"NESV wants to create a long-term financially solid foundation for Liverpool FC and is dedicated to ensuring that the club has the resources to build for the future, including the removal of all acquisition debt," a statement read.

Rightful place
"Our objective is to stabilise the club and ultimately return Liverpool FC to its rightful place in English and European football, successfully competing for and winning trophies.

"Since 2001, New England Sports Ventures has made successful investments in sports and entertainment properties.

"Our portfolio of companies, including the Boston Red Sox and Fenway Park, New England Sports Network, Fenway Sports Group and Roush Fenway Racing are all committed to one common goal: winning.

"NESV wants to help bring back the culture of winning to Liverpool FC.

"We have a proven track record, shown clearly with the Boston Red Sox. The team has won two World Series Championships over the past six years. We will bring the same kind of openness, passion, dedication and professionalism to Liverpool FC.

"We are hopeful with regard to the pending legal and English Premier League procedures now under way, however, in light of these issues, we will respectfully refrain from comment or further actions at this time."

Davyjones
10-07-2010, 08:32 PM
DAVY
heres the latest news on your team
Umm the Liverpool Red Sox ...now you must be happy :D

Taken from Sky Sports today

New England Sports Ventures (NESV), the owners of the Boston Red Sox, have had their £300million bid to take charge at Anfield accepted by the club's board.

The planned takeover has been delayed, with current co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett launching a legal challenge to proceedings as they seek a higher price in exchange for their stake.

But in a move designed to ease the fears of supporters following their most recent experience of owners from across the Atlantic, NESV have outlined their track record of success at the highest level.

"NESV wants to create a long-term financially solid foundation for Liverpool FC and is dedicated to ensuring that the club has the resources to build for the future, including the removal of all acquisition debt," a statement read.

Rightful place
"Our objective is to stabilise the club and ultimately return Liverpool FC to its rightful place in English and European football, successfully competing for and winning trophies.

"Since 2001, New England Sports Ventures has made successful investments in sports and entertainment properties.

"Our portfolio of companies, including the Boston Red Sox and Fenway Park, New England Sports Network, Fenway Sports Group and Roush Fenway Racing are all committed to one common goal: winning.

"NESV wants to help bring back the culture of winning to Liverpool FC.

"We have a proven track record, shown clearly with the Boston Red Sox. The team has won two World Series Championships over the past six years. We will bring the same kind of openness, passion, dedication and professionalism to Liverpool FC.

"We are hopeful with regard to the pending legal and English Premier League procedures now under way, however, in light of these issues, we will respectfully refrain from comment or further actions at this time."

I am happier, at least. ;) Let's just say that I'm cautiously optimistic at this point. Hicks has vowed to fight it in court, attempting to replace 2 board members with people from his own contingent. LFC better not end up in administration or Hicks and Gillette better take the next flight out of England ASAP!! :thedolls: The supporters will not stand for it. Those 2 have given Americans such a bad name (in addition to the Glazers). I'm hoping that this situation resolves itself and we get back on track at Anfield. Not sure if Hodgson is the man to bring us back.

I wonder if Martin O'Neill is still available? :) Or maybe Steve Nicols from the New England Revolution here in MLS?

Davyjones
10-15-2010, 11:05 PM
Yes! With the sale complete, I hope that this helps LFC turn the season around! Will it fix all of our problems? No. Will it stabilize the club? Probably. Will it help us out when the transfer window opens in January? I know it will! :thumbsup: So, even though we aren't out of the hole yet, things are hopefully looking up on the red side of the Mersey!

Oh, and Merseyside derby this week!! C'mon you Reds!!:thumbsup:

RAIDER
10-17-2010, 03:49 AM
Yes! With the sale complete, I hope that this helps LFC turn the season around! Will it fix all of our problems? No. Will it stabilize the club? Probably. Will it help us out when the transfer window opens in January? I know it will! :thumbsup: So, even though we aren't out of the hole yet, things are hopefully looking up on the red side of the Mersey!

Oh, and Merseyside derby this week!! C'mon you Reds!!:thumbsup:

I think LFC have been saved ,but if Hodgson doesnt start getting results from now , i bet he will be out by christmas and Dalglish back in :thumbsup:

The Reservoir Dog
10-17-2010, 05:27 PM
Watched the Merseyside Derby today and quite frankly The Liverpool Red Sox were quite frankly shockingly bad.

The new owners must be thinking "what are we getting ourselves into?"

The January transfer window can't come soon enough and they need to somehow get some quality players in. With the current batch they will struggle to break into the top ten.

Davyjones
10-17-2010, 11:15 PM
Watched the Merseyside Derby today and quite frankly The Liverpool Red Sox were quite frankly shockingly bad.

The new owners must be thinking "what are we getting ourselves into?"

The January transfer window can't come soon enough and they need to somehow get some quality players in. With the current batch they will struggle to break into the top ten.

I agree. Although the new owners, NESV, probably know that it will take a while for the Reds to get back on track. We NEED to get Torres back on track as well! And you're right: The January transfer window can't come soon enough! I just hope that we haven't buried ourselves too deep by then. I'm starting to doubt that Uncle Roy was the right man for the job. How about we bring back King Kenny and cut our losses now? Not sure how that would play out in the squad, but the supporters would be ecstatic!! I know I would!!

The Reservoir Dog
11-03-2010, 04:29 PM
Did you see the Spurs beat Inter Milan? :)

A fantastic performance!!! :thumbsup:

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!! :number1:

Davyjones
11-07-2010, 09:24 PM
2-0 Liverpool!! Torres finally breaks his slump!! Now 9th in the table and moving on up!! I still need more wins to convince me that we're out of our slump, but these past 3 matches are a good start!! :thumbsup:

RAIDER
11-09-2010, 11:45 AM
A brilliant win by Liverpool cant take that away from guys lets hope it ends there though ;)

Davyjones
11-13-2010, 04:57 PM
A brilliant win by Liverpool cant take that away from guys lets hope it ends there though ;)

Your wish is our command apparently.

IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR SOME CONSISTENCY!?!?? :bang: :mad:

RAIDER
11-24-2010, 11:46 AM
A brilliant win against Arsenal ...now a simple game this sunday for us against Liverpool Redsox ...aye davy :D

The Reservoir Dog
11-24-2010, 06:06 PM
A brilliant win against Arsenal ...now a simple game this sunday for us against Liverpool Redsox ...aye davy :D

Come On You Spurs!!!!

Take out the Red Sox!! :)

Davyjones
11-27-2010, 12:52 PM

Well, seeing as how this year's campaign is going, I'm not holding out a huge amount of hope for a win at White Hart. Been praying to the football gods for some consistency, but they haven't been kind to us. Looking forward to a great match, though! Good luck, Raider and Reservoir Dog!! :thumbsup:

RAIDER
11-29-2010, 07:37 AM
Well, seeing as how this year's campaign is going, I'm not holding out a huge amount of hope for a win at White Hart. Been praying to the football gods for some consistency, but they haven't been kind to us. Looking forward to a great match, though! Good luck, Raider and Reservoir Dog!! :thumbsup:

Davy ...thank god for the shooting skills of Maxi Rodriguez :D

We were lucky ...a draw would have been a fair result ...but i will take the 3 points !!!

The Reservoir Dog
11-30-2010, 01:40 PM
Davy ...thank god for the shooting skills of Maxi Rodriguez :D

We were lucky ...a draw would have been a fair result ...but i will take the 3 points !!!

Have to disagree Raider. They got the beating they so richly deserved! ;)

Davyjones
12-30-2010, 05:45 PM
Okay. NOW I'll start asking for Uncle Roy to be canned. I figure he's had enough time to get us out of at least the bottom half of the table. Man, what horrible form and inconsistency. We need a new manager. King Kenny anyone? :D

The Reservoir Dog
01-01-2011, 09:03 AM
Okay. NOW I'll start asking for Uncle Roy to be canned. I figure he's had enough time to get us out of at least the bottom half of the table. Man, what horrible form and inconsistency. We need a new manager. King Kenny anyone? :D

Is Dalglish really the man to turn your fortunes around?

He's been out of management for so long now and it would be a move that would just appease the fans but would not turn out to be a long term thing.

I believe the problems lies more with the playing staff rather than the management.

Davyjones
01-01-2011, 07:37 PM
Is Dalglish really the man to turn your fortunes around?

He's been out of management for so long now and it would be a move that would just appease the fans but would not turn out to be a long term thing.

I believe the problems lies more with the playing staff rather than the management.

I believe that the blame goes all around LFC, from management to players. I do believe that Dalglish would be a better fit at Liverpool than Hodgson is. I believe that what the club needs is a Liverpool manager, meaning someone who has a deep connection to the club, like an ex player. Do you know who I think should actually be asked to come and manage? Steve Nicol, the current manager of the New England Revolution on MLS. A former Liverpool player, has lots of experience managing a football side (albeit in MLS) and has been successful at it. Why not give him a shot at what probably is his dream managerial job? Just my thoughts.

RAIDER
01-02-2011, 06:25 AM
This week is crucial for Hodgson .If he survives the end of this week with transfer market now open ,LFC will probably let him carry on till the end of this season .If he doesnt survive then Martin O'Neill is my choice
Personally ,i would love to see Mr Know It All "Alan Hansen" become manager as he knows every answer on Match of the Day ( Football summary programme on the BBC Davy and he is an annoying pundit who wont let anyone talk !! ) :thumbsup:

As for Beckham on loan to Spurs !!! come on Harry you have been briliant so far dont mess it up with that has been whose in love with himself :( There are much better players out there than him ...Go for Tim Cahill from Everton

Davyjones
01-05-2011, 05:58 AM
This week is crucial for Hodgson .If he survives the end of this week with transfer market now open ,LFC will probably let him carry on till the end of this season .If he doesnt survive then Martin O'Neill is my choice
Personally ,i would love to see Mr Know It All "Alan Hansen" become manager as he knows every answer on Match of the Day ( Football summary programme on the BBC Davy and he is an annoying pundit who wont let anyone talk !! ) :thumbsup:

As for Beckham on loan to Spurs !!! come on Harry you have been briliant so far dont mess it up with that has been whose in love with himself :( There are much better players out there than him ...Go for Tim Cahill from Everton

Well, Uncle Roy did save himself (or rather, Joe Cole saved Uncle Roy) this weekend. I still think he should go. His style at Fulham was never really impressive. His squads were mid-table squads at best. And when you're a mid-table club, you can't attract new world class talent. If he makes it to the end of the season, I hope LFC seriously considers replacing him.

As for the Spurs saga, I think Beckham is a wrong choice if they go that route. Tim Cahill would definitely be a better choice for them. He's always been a quality player. He's always been a thorn in the side of LFC in derby matches. Hopefully Redknapp will see that Cahill represents present and future success while Becks may only bring present success to the club.

Davyjones
01-08-2011, 06:25 AM
So, Hodgson is out, Dalglish is in. I really hope he proves me right! ;)

C'Mon you Reds!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

RAIDER
01-08-2011, 08:25 AM
So, Hodgson is out, Dalglish is in. I really hope he proves me right! ;)

C'Mon you Reds!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

In many ways i feel sorry for Hodgson as he a decent honest bloke . However as an outsider and the way Liverpool have been beaten against the bottom clubs ,he just had to go as he didnt seem to give them a spark off the pitch .

It will be interesting times at Liverpool now as the main task for any new manager will be trying to keep Gerard ,Reina and Torres for next season

Davyjones
01-22-2011, 12:59 PM
First win for Dalglish! I know it was just Wolves, but a win is a win! Back in the the top half of the table for now. Hopefully the squad will continue to move up the table. Maybe King Kenny can get us turned around after all. I'll still keep my fingers crossed just in case. ;)

Davyjones
01-29-2011, 06:35 AM
Disappointed with Torres requesting a transfer, ESPECIALLY with only, what, 2 days left in the transfer window? He's obviously unhappy there, and has been for about a year and a half. Sell him and get some money to bolster the squad this summer. Why would you want to keep a player who doesn't want to be there? We can find players who WANT to be there at Liverpool. Happy with the Suarez signing,though. We'll see how this all plays out. I imagine the Kop will turn on Torres just like they did to Owen, which is not good for Nando, who nowadays seems to lack confidence in himself.

Sell him. No player is bigger than Liverpool Football Club.

Davyjones
01-31-2011, 03:21 PM
So, looks like Nando is out. I hope he stays as healthy at Chelsea as he did at LFC. ;) Looks like they've already signed up his replacements as well with Suarez and Andy Carroll. I think that is was a good deal, but only time will tell. I hope that LFC continues on the up and up for the rest of the season.
:soccer::soccer2:

RAIDER
02-01-2011, 08:54 AM
A remarkable transfer night .... I wonder if Torres will play against Liverpool this weekend ;)

Davyjones
02-02-2011, 05:06 PM
A remarkable transfer night .... I wonder if Torres will play against Liverpool this weekend ;)

He says in an interview that he wants to play and score on us. It'll be an interesting match for sure.

LFC wins again today! :thumbsup: Suarez maybe scored! Not sure if they considered tat an own goal. But things are looking up at LFC! Hoping this continues to the end of the season, starting with Chelsea! I wonder if Carroll will make his debut against CFC?

RAIDER
02-04-2011, 03:11 AM
He says in an interview that he wants to play and score on us. It'll be an interesting match for sure.

LFC wins again today! :thumbsup: Suarez maybe scored! Not sure if they considered tat an own goal. But things are looking up at LFC! Hoping this continues to the end of the season, starting with Chelsea! I wonder if Carroll will make his debut against CFC?

Davy
Its the game everyone wants to see this week,its just a shame Liverpool werent at home for this one :thumbsup:
At the moment Carroll isnt expected to play

Liverpool 3 C Poulsen Back Spasm 6th Feb 11 slight doubt
J Cole Ankle/Foot Injury 12th Feb 11 slight doubt
A Carroll Thigh Muscle Strain 26th Feb 11

Hammer
02-04-2011, 08:12 PM
Just a reminder that we do not allow links to most outside websites.

I think I posted the info Raider was referencing- just looked for the team with Carroll on the injured list. Hope I did okay!

Now back to your European football discussion while I go make my Super Bowl pick...

RAIDER
02-06-2011, 07:14 AM

Papers today here say Carroll could be out for 3 months !!!

RAIDER
02-06-2011, 12:53 PM
brilliant win for Liverpool ...Good result for Spurs :D

Davyjones
02-06-2011, 06:57 PM
1-0 Liverpool!! We are up to 6th now! I'm going to enjoy this run while it lasts! :thumbsup:

I'm not one to usually condone play that's too rough, but I did enjoy Agger's forearm shiver to Torres. Welcome back to Liverpool, Nando.

YNWA!

The Reservoir Dog
03-04-2011, 03:06 AM
Big game for your boys this weekend Davy!

Infact big game for both sides. Should now be a very interesting run in for the top five teams who are all still involved in European competition.

Davyjones
03-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Big game for your boys this weekend Davy!

Infact big game for both sides. Should now be a very interesting run in for the top five teams who are all still involved in European competition.

It sure is, Dog!! I'm actually feeling a bit nervous over here. That might be because I have a lot of Man U friends, but I think it's because I feel the same as you about the significance of this match!! I've been praying to the football gods ( :tikki::tikki: ) all week this week to give us a win!! I hope they hear me!!! Plus, I'd like to help someone else win the league instead of MU this year! ;)

I still think we can make top 4, but it's going to be a challenge. Keeping my fingers crossed for all of it!! :soccer2:

Davyjones
03-06-2011, 09:14 PM
It sure is, Dog!! I'm actually feeling a bit nervous over here. That might be because I have a lot of Man U friends, but I think it's because I feel the same as you about the significance of this match!! I've been praying to the football gods ( :tikki::tikki: ) all week this week to give us a win!! I hope they hear me!!! Plus, I'd like to help someone else win the league instead of MU this year! ;)

I still think we can make top 4, but it's going to be a challenge. Keeping my fingers crossed for all of it!! :soccer2:

The gods heard my prayers!!! :D 3-1 Liverpool!!! Did you all enjoy Nani getting tackled by Carragher, running to the ref to complain, seeing the blood on his shin and THEN falling down crying to be carried off on a stretcher? Way to dive!!!

RAIDER
03-09-2011, 03:13 AM
The gods heard my prayers!!! :D 3-1 Liverpool!!! Did you all enjoy Nani getting tackled by Carragher, running to the ref to complain, seeing the blood on his shin and THEN falling down crying to be carried off on a stretcher? Way to dive!!!

A brilliant game and Liverpool deserved to win.
The problem with Nani ia that he is a serial diver and a drama queen and the refs never know when to believe him.
I thought throughly childish of Fergie to refuse to talk to any of the press afterwards . On some ways he has become quite pathetic with the press and media over the years cherry picking who he has at a press conferance ...He's does him some no favours with the neutrals as he just comes over as a completly bad sport ..

The Spurs game tonight and i dont know what to expect after our 2 dismal displays against Wolves and Blackpool :mad:

RAIDER
03-22-2011, 04:14 AM
Well the draw for the champions league is interesting for the British Clubs.

Chelsea v Man Utd
Real Madrid v Spurs

I fancy Chelsea to get through on that one and provided Spurs have a fully fit team with Bale and Lennon on the wing and Van der Vaart on form ,then we might just scrape through :)

The Reservoir Dog
03-23-2011, 04:00 AM
Great draw for Spurs. Playing teams like Real Madrid is what the Champions League is all about.

However our league form is suffering and if we're not careful Liverpool could catch us.
I'm still hopeful that Man City will fade and we'll claim the coveted 4th spot.

RAIDER
04-13-2011, 03:32 AM
Its damage limitations tonight against Real ,what a nightmare of a first leg with us getting a man sent off in the first 15 mins there was never anyway back from there :mad:

I am now looking forward to the Real v Barca semi

Liverpool did Spurs a favour against City and Andy Carroll looked back to his old form :thumbsup:

Davyjones
04-16-2011, 01:01 PM
I felt bad for Spurs because they did not deserve to lose in that fashion. But the goal Gomes let in during the second leg was awful. I'm hoping that Liverpool catches and passes Spurs for the 5th spot at least. ;) Should be an interesting last few weeks of the season!! :thumbsup:

Also, I'm looking forward to the 4 Classicos between Real-Barca coming up!! Crossing my fingers wins in the Copa del Rey final and in the Champions League. Barca pretty much already have the league title in hand, barring a un-Barca like collapse at the end (not that I would mind that). Hala Madrid!!! :D

The Reservoir Dog
04-27-2011, 05:24 AM
Well dare I say it but Spurs have completely blown it. With 5 draws in the last six games, 4 of which were against relegation fodder we have gone from potentially competing for 2nd to losing 5th place to Liverpool. I don't think that the 2 games against Madrid have helped matters and we are looking a bit burnt out.
Having to go to Chelsea, Man City & Liverpool and look to win all three games is a very tall order. :(

RAIDER
04-28-2011, 03:02 AM
Well dare I say it but Spurs have completely blown it. With 5 draws in the last six games, 4 of which were against relegation fodder we have gone from potentially competing for 2nd to losing 5th place to Liverpool. I don't think that the 2 games against Madrid have helped matters and we are looking a bit burnt out.
Having to go to Chelsea, Man City & Liverpool and look to win all three games is a very tall order. :(

Yep Spurs have blown it big time ..... Its a case of whether or not we can hang onto Bale,Moderic and Van Der Vaart for next season now :(

Hendsome
04-28-2011, 02:14 PM
Can't wait for Bale to run the wing for United after Spurs don't make the CL. Go you devils!

Davyjones
04-29-2011, 03:09 PM
What do you all think about Mourinho's post-match comments about Barca? Do you think there's any truth to what he said? Me being a Madrdid supporters really doesn't allow me to give a clear opinion. ;)

I am holding out hope for Liverpool to take 5th (sorry gang), but it's a small piece of hope. Looks like King Kenny has already started planning for next year's campaign; Liverpool have pre-signed a French winger, Sylvain Marveau. Looking towards the future is always good. Next up: Give Dalglish the gaffer position fulltime!! :thumbsup:

RAIDER
04-30-2011, 03:45 AM
Can't wait for Bale to run the wing for United after Spurs don't make the CL. Go you devils!

and please take Gomes if that happens :thedolls:

RAIDER
04-30-2011, 03:55 AM
What do you all think about Mourinho's post-match comments about Barca? Do you think there's any truth to what he said? Me being a Madrid supporters really doesn't allow me to give a clear opinion. ;)

I am holding out hope for Liverpool to take 5th (sorry gang), but it's a small piece of hope. Looks like King Kenny has already started planning for next year's campaign; Liverpool have pre-signed a French winger, Sylvain Marveau. Looking towards the future is always good. Next up: Give Dalglish the gaffer position fulltime!! :thumbsup:

Mourinho's comments were over the top and as much as i admire him as a coach and would love him back in English Football ,his tactics were awful on the night . They were the home team and didnt even have 50% of the the game . The ref had a hard game and it was inevitable when both sides are feigning injures and trying to get one another sent off ,that mistakes are going to happen .
Barcelona however were a disgrace with their antics and Pepe should never have been sent off !! most of their players got a 10 out of 10 with their diving antics . And it was their ( barcas ) players who caused this game to go downhill as they started this first.

Its a shame with such great teams ..The world of football deserved a better spectacle :mad::(

As for Liverpool ..Dalglish shud get the managers role .The Liverpool supporters would lynch the directors if he doesnt now and as for 5th place .
..If Spurs dont make 4th then i am of the belief that i wouldnt want to be in the Europa Cup , as its a Cup that serves no purpose .FIFA degraded this cup when they allowed the CL loosers to be allowed into it .
This competition is too long and i remember when Spurs were in it most supporters didnt care for it .You would only get excited about it if you made the semis .
I would rather us be 6th and have less games and be able to concetrate on getting back into the top 4 than risk injury in a usless Euro competition... So DAVY ...YOUR WELCOME TO IT :)

The Reservoir Dog
04-30-2011, 06:41 AM
What do you all think about Mourinho's post-match comments about Barca? Do you think there's any truth to what he said? Me being a Madrdid supporters really doesn't allow me to give a clear opinion. ;)

I have to say there is an element of truth to what Mourinho is saying. I refer to the Chelsea/Barcelona semi final when it was so clear that Chelsea were cheated. I have always believed that this was a UEFA decision.

However Real's tactics on the night were wrong. In your home tie in a semi final you do not play for a 0-0 draw. It was the wrong message. Barcelona are not that strong defensively but most teams don't try to exploit that and seem to be like Rabbits in the the headlight as soon as they see their teamsheet. At least Arsenal gave it a go at the Emirtates and were rewarded for it. But that's how you have to play Barcelona. You know you will concede a good percenatge of possession but when you do have the ball you have to try and do something with it.

This is not a plug for British football but you don't see British players diving & feigning injury. The Spanish, Portuguese & Italians are notorious for this and it's infuriating.:mad: So it was no surprise to see the Barcalona players do this. It's one part of the gane that I want to see eradicated.

RAIDER
05-01-2011, 05:24 AM

and please take Gomes if that happens :thedolls:

Hendsome !!! :)
After another GOMES calamity against Chelsea ...Please take him !!! We will even have Carrick back hahaha ;)

RAIDER
05-11-2011, 03:33 AM
The shootout for the Europa place mate ...
I hope you win as i dont want Spurs playing on a thursdays and league games on sundays ;)

Davyjones
05-11-2011, 12:38 PM
The shootout for the Europa place mate ...
I hope you win as i dont want Spurs playing on a thursdays and league games on sundays ;)

I'm still kind of up in the air about it. I like the fact that we'd been in a European competition, but I have the same reservations as you do, Raider. That's a tough one. I guess we'll just have to let the football gods decide on this one. I still want to win, of course. :) Good luck on Saturday, Spurs supporters!! With Bale out (if he still is, I'm not sure), it will help us tremendously.

By the way, I think LFC has a good chance next season to challenge for a Champions League spot, if not for the title! :D Things are looking up for the Reds!! Keep King Kenny!!!! :thumbsup:

RAIDER
05-12-2011, 03:21 AM
I'm still kind of up in the air about it. I like the fact that we'd been in a European competition, but I have the same reservations as you do, Raider. That's a tough one. I guess we'll just have to let the football gods decide on this one. I still want to win, of course. :) Good luck on Saturday, Spurs supporters!! With Bale out (if he still is, I'm not sure), it will help us tremendously.

By the way, I think LFC has a good chance next season to challenge for a Champions League spot, if not for the title! :D Things are looking up for the Reds!! Keep King Kenny!!!! :thumbsup:

Oh i think on current form Liverpool have a great chance in the new season and i cant see Spurs beating them at Anfield ,Spurs look a tired team . Bale is out for the rest of the season ,so your safe there :D

As i said earlier the whole set up of the Europa
Cup is a farce with loosers of the Champions League being allowed in in the later stages and the competition is so long :mad:

Mind you it will be more interesting to see if Man City can snatch 3rd place and force Arsenal to qualify for a proper Champions league spot ...

I think next season the fight for 4th place will be very interesting ..... With Liverpool , Spurs and Man City all in the mix :thumbsup:

Greenlawler
05-18-2011, 12:51 PM
Yesterday was painful. I finally delved in to English Football and carefully selected a team. I went with Cardiff City thinking it would be cool to pick up a team as it made its way into the EPL. Of course yesterday that fell apart....dangit

The Reservoir Dog
05-18-2011, 01:14 PM

Davy

Funny how things work out. It has been agreed that the Europa League place (5th) was one that neither team really wanted but so happens that Spurs would probably have qualified if they had finished 6th due to us being on top of the Fair Play League. So by finishing 5th would now be a priority as then we would not have to go through a qualifier.

So I'm now glad we beat you at the weekend :)

However still not over as we have Birmingham last game and we have been hopeless against the lower sides this season :mad:

Yes next season should be a cracker. It will be interesting to see who can hang on to their players in the summer transfer window and what players will come in.

The Reservoir Dog
05-18-2011, 01:16 PM
Yesterday was painful. I finally delved in to English Football and carefully selected a team. I went with Cardiff City thinking it would be cool to pick up a team as it made its way into the EPL. Of course yesterday that fell apart....dangit

Funny how you went with a Welsh side, with Cardiff & Swansea being the two Welsh teams in the Football League.

Glad to see that you're not a "Glory Boy" that went for one of the top clubs :thumbsup:

Jim&AngieMarriner
05-18-2011, 04:10 PM
As a new fan of the sport, I am still learning whats what and Whos who.
I really enjoyed the World cup this time, ok it was the only time I watched it. But I enjoyed it.

I dont have a leauge I watch (mostly because of not having a clue when the matches are or what channel they are on). But I have been a nominal supporter of Man Utd in the past. Mostly its because thats the only team i have really heard of.

Any suggestions as to what channels in the USA regularly show matches? I enjoyed the world cup and would like to pick up watching it on a more regular basis. Just dont know where to start.

The Reservoir Dog
05-18-2011, 07:03 PM
I really enjoyed the World cup this time, ok it was the only time I watched it. But I enjoyed it.

I dont have a leauge I watch (mostly because of not having a clue when the matches are or what channel they are on). But I have been a nominal supporter of Man Utd in the past. Mostly its because thats the only team i have really heard of.

Any suggestions as to what channels in the USA regularly show matches? I enjoyed the world cup and would like to pick up watching it on a more regular basis. Just dont know where to start.

Hi Guys

Whenever I'm in America I can get my soccer fix on the Fox Soccer Channel & also ESPN. Fox show live EPL games and European Champions League games and I have seen live EPL games on ESPN.

Davy Jones can you confirm what channels you watch? :thumbsup:

RAIDER
05-19-2011, 03:27 AM

Your a legend mate :thumbsup:
I am now interested on what team you eventually pick now ;)
With your kind of luck ..Please pick Arsenal :D

Davyjones
05-19-2011, 09:42 AM

Reservoir Dog is correct; Fox Soccer Channel shows nothing but football, of course, and the different ESPN networks will occasionally show some as well. These are the English speaking channels. If you don't mind watching Spanish channels for your football, there are several: ESPN Deportes, Gol TV and Univision (not as often as the previous 2 mentioned). Telemundo will also show matches sometimes as well. Unfortunately, most, if not all,of these channels are special channels and you'll have to pay extra for them. :( But for me, it's definitely worth it.

As far as football goes, Liverpool still has a slim chance to make it into the Europa League next year, but again, I'm still on the fence about it. I like being in the European competitions, but it does take away from the season. Oh well. I'll just have to see what the football gods have decided to do. :tikki::tikki::tikki:

Greenlawler
05-19-2011, 12:33 PM
Funny how you went with a Welsh side, with Cardiff & Swansea being the two Welsh teams in the Football League.

Glad to see that you're not a "Glory Boy" that went for one of the top clubs :thumbsup:

Yeah that was my thinking....I have some Welsh in my ancestry. Loks like Swansea has a shot at EPL but after researching the two teams I just liked Cardiff better. I actually am already hoping Reading takes them down at Wembley.
As far as the EPL, I tried to pick a team like Tottenham, Stoke City, Fulham or even Man City but my heart just was not in it. I think I may just stay with Cardiff and hope next year is the year the move up. Honestly I do like Arsenal for some reason and I can see myself cheering for them, however I don't want to be a bandwagon jumper.

RAIDER
05-20-2011, 03:09 AM
Whose your money on
Man Utd or Barcalona ???

Tough one to call ,
but i am going to go with Barcalona , i reckon Messi will force a penalty out of Man Utd especially Vidic who always seems to do mad things when under pressure .

Davyjones
05-21-2011, 06:29 PM
Whose your money on
Man Utd or Barcalona ???

Tough one to call ,
but i am going to go with Barcalona , i reckon Messi will force a penalty out of Man Utd especially Vidic who always seems to do mad things when under pressure .

This will probably be the only time inthe history of EVER that I will hope for a Man U victory. It's sad to say that because it shows I dislike Barca even more than Man U, which I didn't think was possible. :) As far as the match itself goes, it'll be a good one, but I think that Man U wil pull it off in the end. I'm going to say 2-1 Man U.

Jim&AngieMarriner
05-23-2011, 04:00 PM
cant belive Balckpool had an "own Goal" in their match against Man U. I would hate to be that guy.

RAIDER
05-24-2011, 03:29 AM
cant belive Balckpool had an "own Goal" in their match against Man U. I would hate to be that guy.

Yep i felt for him, it was going to be a hard task at Old Trafford as it was .But Blackpool did themselves proud .I hope Blackpool under Ian Holloway come straight back up next season .

But overall what a brilliant last day to the season .I was geninely shocked that Birmingham ended getting relagated ...
And a disgrace that Ancelloti was sacked from Chelsea even though we all knew it was comming ....

Oh well now lets look forward to whats going to be an interesting transfer season

The Reservoir Dog
05-27-2011, 02:45 AM
This will probably be the only time inthe history of EVER that I will hope for a Man U victory. It's sad to say that because it shows I dislike Barca even more than Man U, which I didn't think was possible. :) As far as the match itself goes, it'll be a good one, but I think that Man U wil pull it off in the end. I'm going to say 2-1 Man U.

This is such a tough one to call. At the start of the season I believed that Man U's time was up and a new era was upon us. But they have proved me wrong. It is down to Alex Ferguson. Love him or hate him you cannot deny the fact that he is the greatest manager of all time.

However I'm sitting on the fence on this one and will see this going to penalties with Barcelona lifting the trophy.

RAIDER
05-31-2011, 07:30 AM
This is such a tough one to call. At the start of the season I believed that Man U's time was up and a new era was upon us. But they have proved me wrong. It is down to Alex Ferguson. Love him or hate him you cannot deny the fact that he is the greatest manager of all time.

However I'm sitting on the fence on this one and will see this going to penalties with Barcelona lifting the trophy.

Well Man Utd got taught a lesson ...Hats off to Barca ,they are in a different league to everyone else .... :thumbsup:

Davyjones
06-04-2011, 04:49 PM
Well, that's it for the 2010-2011 season! 6th place for Liverpool is better than what I thought would happen when we were at mid-point during the season. But then again, I always want to win the league! ;) Real Madrid finished 2nd, but got the Copa del Rey trophy (which was promptly dropped and ran over)! :) So, overall, not a horrible campaign for me. I, however, will expect both of my clubs to win everything next year. Just like any reasonable supporter. :D

So, now we can look forward to Euro qualifiers, friendlies and the Gold Cup and MLS (for those of us here in the US) for the summer. And for me personally, the Women's World Cup!!! :thumbsup: Then, the glory/excitement/torture will begin again! :bang: I guess it's not too early to start praying to the football gods, right? :tikki::tikki:

That reminds me: I gotta order next season's Liverpool away shirt!!

RAIDER
06-05-2011, 02:18 PM
Spurs buy Brad Friedal on a free transfer
( bye bye Gomes .... we will miss you NOT !!! )

Rumours of Spurs bye Joe Cole ( oh please NO !!!!!!:ack: and Ryan Shawcross from Stoke ...Thats not a bad signing if we can get him ;)

Davyjones
06-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Spurs buy Brad Friedal on a free transfer
( bye bye Gomes .... we will miss you NOT !!! )

Rumours of Spurs bye Joe Cole ( oh please NO !!!!!!:ack: and Ryan Shawcross from Stoke ...Thats not a bad signing if we can get him ;)

Cole is a quality player, but just can't stay healthy for some reason. Since he's really not being used by Dalglish, maybe he'll get more playing time at Spurs and stay healthy if he goes. I saw that Liverpool is trying to acquire Doni, the keeper from Roma. I've only seen him play a few times, but I believe he would be a reliable backup to Pepe Reina. But Pepe is the MAN, so Doni might not get a lot of playing time. It will be interesting to see who Liverpool tries to get in the offseason. :)

RAIDER
06-17-2011, 03:23 AM
Well lets just see who are first and last games are for our teams :D

Davyjones
06-20-2011, 03:44 PM
Sunderland at home to open the season, Swansea away to close it all out. And hopefully a Championship and Champions League as well!! :thumbsup:

Still not convinced I like the new Liverpool 3rd kit. We look like Man City! :(

RAIDER
06-22-2011, 03:31 AM
Spurs have an evil 3 openers
Everton ,Man Utd & Man City .....It will be a good test
Our final 3 games are Blackburn ,Villa & Fulham
which hopefully if were contention for a fourth place position i will feel confident compared to last years run in but as Fulham have Martin Jol as manager ex Spurs manager who was kicked out of Spurs in the most disgraceful way to which i was ashamed that fateful night to be a Spurs surporter...I think he will have a point to prove :(

RAIDER
07-12-2011, 03:29 AM
Looks like were going to loose Modric now , am worried that Spurs havent bought anyone apart from Friedal yet !!!!

Sunderland are going mad and they have made some good signings

The Reservoir Dog
07-12-2011, 04:03 AM
Looks like were going to loose Modric now , am worried that Spurs havent bought anyone apart from Friedal yet !!!!

Sunderland are going mad and they have made some good signings

Fear is this could go the way as Berbatov leaving at the last minute of the transfer window leaving us no time to get a replacement. We need to set a price, sell him on and then get a replacement in. Another option is to play Van Der Vaart in the Modric role and get a decent striker.

In all honesty, as good a player Modric is I find that he is caught and muscled out of possession too often and he only contributed 3 goals & 2 assists in the whole of the league season.

There are other players out there and do not see Modric's departure as the end of the world.

We do need to get busy in the transfer market. If we need to sell before we buy then we really need to get on with it.

Jim&AngieMarriner
07-28-2011, 10:07 AM
Watched the match last night between the US MLS All stars and Man U. :ack: Can Man U have beat us down any harder? Ok i understand that the all stars only had a cpl practices to get used to each other but still it was embarrassing. And while I passively like Man U (not a big supporter but dont hate them) I would have pefered them not run the score up in a friendly like that. I mean seriously, anyone could see that the MLS guys are not really on the smae level as Man U.
Oh well. At least the Olympic games are comming and there should be some good matches there.

Greenlawler
07-28-2011, 04:05 PM
Looks like Craig Bellamy might be coming back to Cardiff....this is good news. Tottanham and Celtic have been other possible suitors.

Davyjones
07-30-2011, 04:21 PM
Watched the match last night between the US MLS All stars and Man U. :ack: Can Man U have beat us down any harder? Ok i understand that the all stars only had a cpl practices to get used to each other but still it was embarrassing. And while I passively like Man U (not a big supporter but dont hate them) I would have pefered them not run the score up in a friendly like that. I mean seriously, anyone could see that the MLS guys are not really on the smae level as Man U.
Oh well. At least the Olympic games are comming and there should be some good matches there.

I personally don't like the MLS allstar format. I think they should go back to Eastern vs. Western conferences. Just my opinion.

Thierry Henry spoke the truth a few days ago when he said that with the MLS salary cap, the league will never attract foreign players in their prime. I know that the reason the cap exists is to create parity among all the clubs, but it definitely handicaps the league when it comes to attracting big name talent in the footballing world.

What about Klinsmann getting the US National Team gaffer job? Do you think he can push us to the next level?

Also, Gerrard will be out until September!! Grrrrrrrr!!!!!! :mad: Although, it helps that we have a billion midfielders at Liverpool I guess. :)

The Reservoir Dog
07-31-2011, 07:06 AM
I personally don't like the MLS allstar format. I think they should go back to Eastern vs. Western conferences. Just my opinion.

Thierry Henry spoke the truth a few days ago when he said that with the MLS salary cap, the league will never attract foreign players in their prime. I know that the reason the cap exists is to create parity among all the clubs, but it definitely handicaps the league when it comes to attracting big name talent in the footballing world.

What about Klinsmann getting the US National Team gaffer job? Do you think he can push us to the next level?

Also, Gerrard will be out until September!! Grrrrrrrr!!!!!! :mad: Although, it helps that we have a billion midfielders at Liverpool I guess. :)

Yes Gerrard looks like he'll be out a few weeks. We have the same problem at Tottenham but with a few players looking to miss the start of the season. :(

RAIDER
08-01-2011, 03:15 AM
Quote "What about Klinsmann getting the US National Team gaffer job? Do you think he can push us to the next level? "Quote

He will be brilliant for team USA provided you have the players .But tactically he will be alot smarter for you ...Its a good signing :thumbsup:

The Reservoir Dog
08-02-2011, 03:09 AM
Quote "What about Klinsmann getting the US National Team gaffer job? Do you think he can push us to the next level? "Quote

He will be brilliant for team USA provided you have the players .But tactically he will be alot smarter for you ...Its a good signing :thumbsup:

He'll certainly teach them how to dive properly. ;)