PDA

View Full Version : Reservation points

NY GOOFY
08-03-2010, 10:32 AM
A DVC friend of mine says she has reservation points that are about to expire. She says they can not be used at DVC resorts because they are only reservation points. DOes this make sense to anyone? What is a reservation point?:confused:

WishingStar2006
08-03-2010, 11:22 AM
From what I understand, reservation points are a "gift" you get when you purchase a DVC resort from Disney. They are only for reservations at Disney Properties as they are not DVC points.

DizneyRox
08-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Reservation points are not vacation points, as mentioned. If they made a reservation athrough the Disney Collection (Disney reosrts or the cruise line) and cancel, those points stay as reservation points I bleive and must be used as reservation points.

They can be used at non DVC properties but not value resorts.

It makes sense, they should have known that when they made the reservation. It's just the way they do business with DVC. Once a member opts out of the DVC properties, they are free to sell that to a cash customer. They can't have people coming and going until the last minute.

LynneM
08-03-2010, 01:58 PM
When you exchange out of the DVC system to make a reservation at a non-DVC resort (for instance, a stay at GF, or at Disneyland), your DVC points become converted to reservation points. They can no longer be used in the DVC system, but can only be used for the external options.

I assume your friend made an exchange reservation and had to cancel?