PDA

View Full Version : ? About MYW Package and NOT Using Park Tickets

MidnTPK
08-03-2010, 08:48 AM
Background: I have an annual Pass, good thru June 2011. I'm going on a trip in early December 2010.

Suppose the best discounts to come out are for MYW ticket inclusive packages. Am I required to use those MYW-package tickets on that trip? Do I have to have those tickets added to a KTTW card, or could I get separate ticket media?

My idea is that I'd then use these tickets some time in the future, when I utilize a room-only discount (or a trip to the Swan/Dolphin) and don't have an annual pass. So long as I don't use these tickets at all, the 14 day expiration policy won't start, correct?

magicofdisney
08-03-2010, 09:15 AM
We've had this same situation every year for the last 5 yrs. In order to get free dining, we've always had to buy a package with at least a 1 day ticket. We're are passholders so we just use our passes during our trip and save that package ticket for future use.

If the ticket is NOT used, there is no 14 day expiration on park entry. However, I'm not real clear on what changes can be made to the ticket after 14 days. Previously, we've been able to upgrade our ticket to an AP several months after we received those package tickets.

Fangorn
08-03-2010, 09:40 AM
You can do what you're proposing. As long as the tickets from the package are not used, the 14 day expiration clock never starts ticking. You can, but don't have to, get the package tickets put onto separate media. Just hang onto those room keys after your trip. I have a few of them in my desk drawer right now. As long as they've never been used, they can be upgraded with more days, or even applied to the cost of an annual pass (only one per updgrade).

Steve

MidnTPK
08-03-2010, 09:54 AM
Cool...thanks.

DizneyRox
08-03-2010, 10:40 AM
I would get them on seperate media (mention this immediately upon check-in). That way it's easier to keep track of them and not think they are old cards that you don't need anymore.

As mentioned, the 14d ay clock for use and upgrades doesn't start until you put them in the turnstyle. I save those types of tickets for weekend getaways, etc.

Pirate Granny
08-03-2010, 09:16 PM
I've always been refused to have it put on a separate media card...in numerous different resorts...from value to deluxe. I believe I have at least ten different days on various room keys. I keep them straight by putting masking tape on and the number of days ( from whEn they never expired) and when I have to purchase with a package...kinda not fair to those of us with annual passes...as the most current offer requires two days of park passes and theY are not transferable

faline
08-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Last year, we were able to take a trip with my brother and his family after our annual passes had expired by using a variety of park passes - a couple of days left on a 10 day no-expiration pass bought several years ago; two one-day tickets from prior "free dining" promos and a one-day ticket from the "free dining" promo held at the time we went on the trip with my brother. Worked for us!