View Full Version : Suggestions needed please!!!

KAT1811
08-02-2010, 02:24 PM
I have most of our dining planned for our upcoming trip but am looking for one last restaurant. I am thinking about trying Big River Grille. We are planning on trying to stay out of the parks on this particular day. We are eating at the following restaurants:

'Ohana (x2)
Trail's End (x2)
Tutto Italia (x2)
1900 Park Fare
Crystal Palace (breakfast)
Yachtsman
Plaza Restaurant (x2)
Portobello
Mama Melrose
Nine Dragons

I think I may be missing one but can't recall for the life of me.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. We are looking to stay a bit low key this trip. We have four children the youngest of which is 1 1/2 and a long quite dinner isn't in the cards until next year!

Mickey91
08-02-2010, 10:44 PM
What about Whispering Canyon Cafe or Cape May character breakfast? They would both be a lot of fun for the kids.

Rick McCord
08-02-2010, 10:54 PM
We spent one evening at dinner:eat: at Boma in the AKL. Food was amazing, not a character dinner - but our kids (10, 12, 12, 16, 16 & 18) loved it. Great atmosphere...buffet style so you don't have to wait. The do have kid fixins (chicken nuggets, mac & cheese, french fries). Dessert was great says my DW.

disneymom2000
08-03-2010, 12:39 AM
We ate at Boma for breakfast and it was amazing. I loved the food and the way it was set up. I also had a meal at Spoodles when I stayed at the Boardwalk Inn and it was great because it was not crowded and the service was excellent. It is called Kouzzina's now and I have an ADR set here on my next visit. I hope I get the same service and more great food.

tlhewitt52
08-03-2010, 08:35 AM
I would say Boma or Cape May Beach Buffet if you and your husband like a clam bake style dinner! We love Boma to but you have to be able to open minded and try new things, however they do have a childrens buffet with regular American Fair, the food here is scrumptous and before or after dinner you can walk out to the savannah and watch or look at animals....Our family loves Cape May as well Quiet atmosphere and great food, we do these two every year!

SBETigg
08-03-2010, 08:38 AM
I just tried Kouzzina and it was amazing! Really so so good. I wouldn't miss it now. And the atmosphere is very casual and relaxed, great for families as well as for couples. We seriously could not believe how good everything was.

ElenitaB
08-03-2010, 09:35 PM
If you want to stay in the Boardwalk area, unless you want to go for the beer, I would skip Big River and try Kouzzina, Cape May or even Beaches & Cream (which your kids might really enjoy... particularly the kitchen sink). After dinner, be sure to spend some time on the Boardwalk. It's lots of fun.