PDA

View Full Version : Charging Privledges

Tabi550
08-01-2010, 11:14 AM
Just curious if it is possible to put different credit cards on room keys or u have to use the same credit card for all charging privledges.... thanks in advance

LauraByTheSea
08-01-2010, 11:19 AM
I've never stayed at any of the resorts, and I know Disney does some things a little different than the rest of the hospitality industry, but in the resorts I work for, the credit card is only on the room account, not the keycard. That would be a pretty big security risk to have it on the keycard itself, suppose you lose it?

disneymom15
08-01-2010, 02:28 PM
My guess would be no. I'm thinking that they can only accept one card. Not sure though, hopefully someone else knows for sure.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-01-2010, 02:34 PM
When my sis and I stay in the same room, her room key has her credit card linked to her for charging privledges and mine is linked to my room key.

1DisneyNut
08-01-2010, 03:06 PM
They don't actually charge the credit card with your purchases until you check out. All charges made during your stay are charged to your room and then charged to your credit card upon check out. I would assume that if you wanted to divide it up among multiple credit cards you could go down to the front desk and have portions charged to certain cards at any time during your stay.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Yes, it can be done.

Exact details are located in this thread. (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=163092&highlight=separate+cards)

CleveRocks
08-01-2010, 09:11 PM
I've never stayed at any of the resorts, and I know Disney does some things a little different than the rest of the hospitality industry, but in the resorts I work for, the credit card is only on the room account, not the keycard. That would be a pretty big security risk to have it on the keycard itself, suppose you lose it?Well, she WAS asking about Disney. Disney indeed lets you use your room keycard (the Key To The World card) for charging purchases throughout Walt Disney World to your room account. The actual credit card info is not encoded onto the key card, so there's no risk of someone getting your credit card info from your key card. Instead, the room key is coded with info that Disney uses to access its own database, and your credit card info is in the database.

To answer the OP's question, the above link to a past thread is a very good one to click on. It explains exactly how you can place more than one credit card per room to set up separate room charges.

They don't actually charge the credit card with your purchases until you check out. All charges made during your stay are charged to your room and then charged to your credit card upon check out.This is not exactly true. Your room charge will have a maximum limit. if you reach that maximum limit, your credit or debit card will be charged immediately ... they won't wait 'til check-out day.

brownie
08-01-2010, 10:34 PM
They don't actually charge the credit card with your purchases until you check out. All charges made during your stay are charged to your room and then charged to your credit card upon check out. I would assume that if you wanted to divide it up among multiple credit cards you could go down to the front desk and have portions charged to certain cards at any time during your stay.

Not quite. There is a limit at which point the balance needs to be paid before additional charges can be charged to your room. It's been a while, but I think it was something like $600 or $700 at the All-Star resorts at one time. The limit is different at different resorts. If you don't hit the limit before checkout, it's settled then. We've had to settle a balance mid-trip once because we got to the limit while staying at All-Star Movies.