PDA

View Full Version : Our ADRs - whaddya think?

Cinderelley
08-01-2010, 07:44 AM
I am at the 60 day mark! Yay! :D It will be just me and my dbf. He's 33 and has never been. Additionally, he will be turning 34 while we are there. We are staying at POR.

Sept. 29 - flying in. We're looking at at least 6 hours in the air, so we'll probably be tired. We will either grab a quick bite to eat at the resort for dinner or head to DTD.

Sept 30 - Dinner at Raglan Road. His grandfather was from Ireland, and he is quite proud of his Irish heritage.

Oct 1 - Dinner at 1900 Park Fare. Then MNSSHP.

Oct 2 - Dinner at Rose & Crown

Oct 3 - Dinner at Hoop Dee Doo followed by the Haunted Carriage ride.

Oct 4 - Dinner at Boatwright's.

Oct 5 - DBF's actual Bday. We're having dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse.

Oct 6 - The Spirit of Aloha at the Polynesian

Oct 7 - Dinner at San Angel Inn

Oct 8 - CS at AK. My first time for evening EMH in AK.

Oct. 9 - Breakfast at Crystal Palace before we fly out late in the afternoon.

Everything else will be counter service. I know that's a lot of time spent sitting down and eating, but he is a very laid back person. I don't think he would enjoy doing the parks commando style.

2MuchWDFun
08-01-2010, 08:31 AM
Hello
Sounds like you will have a fabulous time...the haunted carriage ride sounds cool!

I have never done the Luau, so I can't comment on the experience.

Your choices look great; you've selected a wide variety of dining experiences. The only one I'd rethink would be San Angel. Our family didn't think it was that special (except for the environment--so if that is what you are going for and don't care about the quality of the food then that'll be fine). I see you are from Phoenix where you have excellent Mexican food choices. San Angel will not compare. We moved to PA from San Diego 6 years ago and still miss being able to get great Mexican food.

Another option for you to consider is Cat Cora's Kouzzina restaurant (Boardwalk resort). We went there on our last trip and will be going again in December. It is an easy 5 minute walk over to the Boardwalk from the International gate.

jenperich
08-02-2010, 12:05 AM
Oct 7 - Dinner at San Angel Inn

The only one I'd rethink would be San Angel. Our family didn't think it was that special (except for the environment--so if that is what you are going for and don't care about the quality of the food then that'll be fine).

I happen to disagree with the previous post. My husband and I went to San Angel on our 1st anniversary trip. We thought it was wonderful and very romantic. I would definitely recommend asking to sit next to the river. You can watch people float by, and you get the volcano right there. We would go back in a heartbeat!

As for the food being compared to "real" Mexican food, I really can't comment on that, as I live in NH. :-) But, the atmosphere makes up for anything else the restaurant lacks. Enjoy yourself!

Mickey91
08-02-2010, 10:54 AM
Sounds yummy!!!

disneymom2000
08-03-2010, 12:53 AM
The dining at WDW is an experience in itself. I envy the number of ADR's you have at sit-down meals. You did a great job of picking out the most Disneyish restaurants on property. I was surprised you didn't get a ressie at 50's Prime Time in order to have a comical meal at one point. Well, saved for another trip in the future.:high5:

beksy
08-03-2010, 04:34 AM
Looks great! You'll be there at the same time as us, except we arrive Sept. 30th.

darthmacho
08-03-2010, 10:18 AM
I think the food at San Angel Inn is just fine. The mole poblano was fabulous.
We're trying Boatwright's for the first time on our trip. Down to 11 days as of this post!

Cinderelley
08-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the opinions everyone. I am always a little nervous taking someone new to WDW. I try to cater it to the new person's personality, so that they enjoy it. :D

Beksy - Maybe we'll see you there.

Darthmacho - Enjoy your trip. :thumbsup: Let me know how Boatwright's is.

darthmacho
08-08-2010, 11:32 AM
You'll probably see a trip report from me in a few weeks! I'll try to get it on asap when I get back.
Down to 7 days!!!!!! :mickey:

EllieMae
08-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Looks great! We went to Raglan Road in December and were seated right in the main room where we could see the band and the dancer. The food was great (we went for a late treat after a huge lunch and just shared the appetizer sampler and it was amazing!) as were the beers!

crltkcagle
08-08-2010, 07:14 PM
YOur missing just one thing...... ME!!! LOL Sounds great and please tell us all about the carriage ride when you get back.