PDA

View Full Version : NFL training camps

gueli
07-31-2010, 10:15 AM
its that time of year,( yeah I am back but thats not what I am talking about :D)...NFL camps open up and everyone has their eye on the prize. Right now all the teams are equal.
So will da saints repeat ?
Are the Jets for real ?
How about the 'boys ?
Will the colts recover and make it to the show again ?
what about the Patriots ?
Will bret Favre play again (or should we just wait until there is about 2 weeks left before the season) ?
oh and what will happen:
to the Giants ? The Eagles ? Redskins (hello donovan) ?

in other words what are your hopes and expectations for the up comming season ?

:beer:

cajundisneyfreak
07-31-2010, 11:18 AM
Everybody I know is hoping for a Two Dat!!!!!!:thumbsup: :party: :number1::woohoo: Geaux Saints!!!!!!!

AnnaMom
07-31-2010, 12:48 PM
Who dat - two dat!!!!!

Jillirose
07-31-2010, 02:06 PM
By 'Law of the Loosing Streak', we (Detroit Lions) are due for some of the action this year!!

Andys5Toys
07-31-2010, 04:33 PM
I simply hope that the Bears will not be as bad as I think they will.;)

indytraveler
07-31-2010, 05:00 PM
Colts are primed for another 12 win season. Each year it keeps getting tougher but they still get 12. Winning the Super bowl is their goal once again.

#1donaldfan
08-02-2010, 01:14 PM
After a gut wrenching, horrible, losing season the STEELERS will come back and take the prize this year, and announce as they have so many times "most ever I do believe"...(ok, I know they didn't do that in the 70's, but you get my drift )

"We're going to Disney World" !!!

Scar
08-02-2010, 04:22 PM
So will da saints repeat ?No.

Are the Jets for real ?Yes, but only as in "Reality TV".
How about the 'boys ?Same as every other recent year.
Will the colts recover and make it to the show again ?Maybe... I can see them going 15-0 then resting their starters.
what about the Patriots ?They may be done.
Will bret Favre play again (or should we just wait until there is about 2 weeks left before the season) ?Who's Bret Favre?

oh and what will happen:
to the Giants ? The Eagles ? Redskins (hello donovan) ?I think all three will be better... toughest division in football.

in other words what are your hopes and expectations for the up comming season ? My hope is that it starts soon since baseball season is over. My expectations is for The Giants to win it all. :D

Hammer
08-02-2010, 05:06 PM
My hope is that it starts soon since baseball season is over. :D

No faith that the Mets can come back :razz: ?

gueli
08-02-2010, 07:32 PM
No faith that the Mets can come back :razz: ?

now now, the mets will come back. They will be at citifield, same bat time, same bat place
in 2011...:D

Scar
08-03-2010, 12:20 PM
No faith that the Mets can come back :razz: ?I haven't given up....... They have.

Missy_Mouses_Dad
08-03-2010, 05:42 PM
I don't believe the Saints can repeat. May fantasy websites have the Jets for real. The usual Favre press conference (but his wife renewed her club membership, and the daughter is enrolled in school in the twin cities).

Can't wait to see Aaron Rodgers tear up the division. Ted Thompson is probably sitting back with a big smile on his face today!!

My S/B pick: GB -vs- Jets

Pagan
08-04-2010, 11:28 AM
Quite happy with how things are shaping up.

The Dolphins are quietly putting together an impressive team...and flying under the radar doing so.

Guels, you guys has so much pressure on you now. This should be interesting.

gueli
08-05-2010, 11:01 PM
Quite happy with how things are shaping up.The Dolphins are quietly putting together an impressive team...and flying under the radar doing so.

Guels, you guys has so much pressure on you now. This should be interesting.

there is no pressure on me. the Jets will be the Jets, and I will root for them to do well. and if they dont I will still root for them.
As far as this season being interesting, I must agree. We will see how everything shapes up.
Hey dont you just love how parcells puts people together ?
;)

Pagan
08-06-2010, 01:29 PM
there is no pressure on me. the Jets will be the Jets, and I will root for them to do well. and if they dont I will still root for them.
As far as this season being interesting, I must agree. We will see how everything shapes up.
Hey dont you just love how parcells puts people together ?
;)
Even more so than coaching, that's his forte.

I meant the pressure was on the Jets bro. So many expectations, being on camera on HBO, the contract disputes. That's what I meant. It's going to be interesting to see how they handle it!

gueli
08-06-2010, 11:04 PM
I meant the pressure was on the Jets bro. So many expectations, being on camera on HBO, the contract disputes. That's what I meant. It's going to be interesting to see how they handle it!

um really, you didnt mean me :D

No I know what you meant. The question is how this team comes together, as it is quite different than last years team.
The one consistant thing- Rex believing that he can guide them there. With last years success, even though we lost to the fish 2x, he has a foundation that his players can buy into.
On top of that, with his attitude, and willingness to put his foot in his mouth, or to keep the pressure off his guys and the media focused on Big bad rex, he definatly has the moxie to run a NY team and be in the spotlight.
The Jets made a number of bold moves - it will be interesting to see if the O line can compete. I hate changes to an o line as it can take 4 or 5 games for them to come together.
But I have hopes ...
but it is preseason. Now is the time for all fans to think their team will be in the show.

Pagan
08-08-2010, 10:06 AM
On top of that, with his attitude, and willingness to put his foot in his mouth, or to keep the pressure off his guys and the media focused on Big bad rex, he definatly has the moxie to run a NY team and be in the spotlight.
You think that takes the pressure off them? Maybe it does, but I think it kinda puts a bullseye on their backs.

Trust me, Jimmy Johnson did the same thing a few years ago. Made other teams hate the Phins so much that they were targets.

Jeff G
08-08-2010, 10:54 PM
I don't believe the Saints can repeat. May fantasy websites have the Jets for real. The usual Favre press conference (but his wife renewed her club membership, and the daughter is enrolled in school in the twin cities).

Can't wait to see Aaron Rodgers tear up the division. Ted Thompson is probably sitting back with a big smile on his face today!!

My S/B pick: GB -vs- Jets

With Finley emerging as a legitimate threat at tight end he should give Rodgers a nice target up the middle to compliment his very good WR's. Rodgers is poised for a great season if he stays healthy. The D is looking very tough. Raji and Jenkins are having great camps on the line and Tramon Williams is looking to be a very good 2nd corner. Their only weakness is safety. With the young talent that is getting experience this could be a great season.

The NFC is going to be tough this year with the Pack, Dallas, the Saints, Vikes (if they have a QB) and Falcons as my front runners.

I try to avoid homer picks but I really like the Packers to represent the NFC in the big game at the end of the season.

As for the AFC, I like either the Ravens or Colts. The Jets are the media darlings so far but I have a feeling they will fall flat this year. I'll go with the Ravens as my pick.

BTW - I am so glad the Favre fiasco is in Minnesota this year. Kurt Warner showed such class with his retirement it would be nice if Brent could take notes.

Rhetoric2000
08-11-2010, 04:32 PM
YES!!! Can't wait for the new season to begin. Just hoping for as much coverage as possible - two games on Sunday will definitely be shown but would have to pay extra for MNF and as yet SNF doesn't have a home.

As for expectations, I'm anticipating an entertaining year with the Packers, Falcons, Dolphins and 49ers having significantly improved years and compteting down the road.

Hopefully the Titans can just sneak in but I have a feeling this could be the Texans' year (although I'm lead to believe this is said every year).

I'm going for picks of a Cowboys/Packers NFC final, and a Colts/Dolphins AFC final. Packers to pip the Colts in the SB.

Greenlawler
08-15-2010, 01:53 AM
Titans were 8-2 down the stretch. They should be better. They are younger and faster. I don't belive in the Texans after all they have beaten the Colts once and the Titans three times since they became a franchise.
I suspect the Titans will once again sneak up on the league. Being in Tennessee almost assures they will get little coverage.
Look for a wild card spot to be taken by the Titans even though they have the hardest schedule in the league.

gueli
08-16-2010, 03:13 PM
Titans were 8-2 down the stretch. They should be better. They are younger and faster. I don't belive in the Texans after all they have beaten the Colts once and the Titans three times since they became a franchise.
I suspect the Titans will once again sneak up on the league. Being in Tennessee almost assures they will get little coverage.
Look for a wild card spot to be taken by the Titans even though they have the hardest schedule in the league.

Oh come now, isnt johnson one of the fantasy leagues top picks this year ? I think the league and its fans are well aware of how tough the titans can be. :thumbsup:

I havent looked but what is their schedule like ?

Greenlawler
08-16-2010, 03:23 PM
Oh come now, isnt johnson one of the fantasy leagues top picks this year ? I think the league and its fans are well aware of how tough the titans can be. :thumbsup:

I havent looked but what is their schedule like ?

If Johnson were in New York he would be the toast from coast to coast. Lets not act like the Titans get respect. Frankly it took Johnson commanding the attention of the league before anyone noticed him. It is a small market thing you would'nt understand :). Even the year they started 10-0 their games were getting the bottom feeder broadcast teams. I have heard Ian Eagle more times than I want to :ack:.

Anyhow....

Giants, Chargers, Colts, Dolphins, Chiefs, Texans, Jags, and Cowboys on the road.
Colts, Texans, Jags, Redskins, Eagles, Steelers, Broncos and Raiders. Based on winnging % from last year Texans and Titans have the toughest schedules in the NFL.

BluewaterBrad
08-16-2010, 04:25 PM
I see a 7th ring for Steeler Nation!:mickey:

indytraveler
08-17-2010, 04:55 PM
I have heard Ian Eagle more times than I want to :ack:.

Anyhow....

Giants, Chargers, Colts, Dolphins, Chiefs, Texans, Jags, and Cowboys on the road.
Colts, Texans, Jags, Redskins, Eagles, Steelers, Broncos and Raiders. Based on winnging % from last year Texans and Titans have the toughest schedules in the NFL.

When Ian Eagle is doing your games then you know for sure where you stand.

Are you giving the Colts there due?:D

Texans and Titans do play the Colts twice. Makes for a tough schedule to me. However, if the injury bug keeps hitting the Colts along the offensive line the division will be up for grabs.

Greenlawler
08-18-2010, 01:08 AM
When Ian Eagle is doing your games then you know for sure where you stand.

Are you giving the Colts there due?:D

Texans and Titans do play the Colts twice. Makes for a tough schedule to me. However, if the injury bug keeps hitting the Colts along the offensive line the division will be up for grabs.

Yes, Ian Eagle humbug! The Titans are rather low on the totem pole. I agree a couple of injuries would open things up in the South, but giving your stinking Colts their due, you will once again win ;)

gueli
08-18-2010, 08:33 PM
Ok so how did your first preseason game go ?
I do not think wins and losses here matter as much, but you get to look at where your team is at.
Are there any standout rookies that you see ?

Oh and greenlawler, I do understand small market teams. I may not have as much experience with them, as I can well imagine how in the smaller markets every detail of that team is strewn across the evening sports news and across the sports pages. The unfortunate part of (arguably) the biggest market is that sometimes your team is smothered by every other powerhouse around (yanks, mets,Giants, etc). When we didn't have rex, and instead we had mangenious (mr no information will leave the confines of this room) we barely heard a whimper about my favorite team.
None the less, one final question - Is anyone other than me watching Hard Knocks and is it interesting to the rest of the fans ? (Yes Rex is cursing way too much [i heard his mom is going to wash his mouth out with soap ! :thumbsup:])

Missy_Mouses_Dad
08-19-2010, 09:07 AM
The first preseason game was disappointing. Aaron Rodgers looked very good. The defense again looked as porous as the pitiful playoff loss against the Cardinals last season when Kurt Warner lit them up. Dom Capers needs to re-evaluate the value of some of the starters who were on the field. Matthews was out this game. The defense had way too many excuses for not executing. It's early, but it looked like the same dance.