PDA

View Full Version : POTC Music

crltkcagle
07-30-2010, 08:40 PM
So my disney-crazed husband is planning our halloween party already and is going with a POC theme. We are looking for a place to get the music from the ride. I have searched everywhere but can only find it on youtube. Any ideas where we can find the soundtrack that plays during the ride? Or some good pirate sounds?

BellesRose
07-30-2010, 08:50 PM
The Disney's Happiest Celebration on Earth soundtrack has Yo Ho (A Pirate's Life For Me) which is 5 minutes and 44 seconds. You could also use the 3 soundtracks from the movies.

CaptSmee
07-30-2010, 09:39 PM
the pirates attraction is readily available through lots of different places, including cd's

DisneyPrincess21
07-31-2010, 01:22 AM
So my disney-crazed husband is planning our halloween party already and is going with a POC theme. We are looking for a place to get the music from the ride. I have searched everywhere but can only find it on youtube. Any ideas where we can find the soundtrack that plays during the ride? Or some good pirate sounds?

I have the song from the POTC ride it is on the Four Parks One World 2-CD Set $24.98
(Item # 400128246487P )
The disneystore.com website sells it. If you go on the site click on theme park, then movies, music & books.

crltkcagle
07-31-2010, 09:40 AM
I have the Yo Ho Yo Ho song already. I was looking for the entire monologue of the ride. Like the creepy music in the beginning of the ride and when Barbossa is shooting cannons. That sort of thing. Thanks for everyone's help so far.

DisneyLuver91
07-31-2010, 11:01 AM
I have the Yo Ho Yo Ho song already. I was looking for the entire monologue of the ride. Like the creepy music in the beginning of the ride and when Barbossa is shooting cannons. That sort of thing. Thanks for everyone's help so far.

I'm *cough*NOT*cough* saying that you should go onto LimeWire.... They have lots of the ride spiels. But again *cough*DON'T*cough* do it. :secret:

PharmD
07-31-2010, 11:46 AM
You could also do a search on youtube. They usually have full ride clips that you could get the music from.

badkitty
07-31-2010, 12:55 PM
I have a Pirates CD purchased at the MK with the DL float through featuring the amazing talents of Paul Frees (this is the original before Capt Jack Sparrow and the PC version). It is produced by Walt Disney Records. On the back cover it says "Visit DisneyRecords.com". The CD is marked "Theme Park Exclusive".

Here is the skew: 5008614697

You might try calling Disney Parks Merchandising for the CD.

Good luck!

Rekenna
07-31-2010, 04:46 PM
There is a station on iTunes and DisBoards that is called DisRadio. At least once a day they play the entire POTC track with the charactes voices, animal sounds, Yo Ho Yo Ho, whistling, the scene where the pirates are putting the man in the water barrell, the buy a bride. I don't know what this is called, but it sounds like what you are looking for. I looked on iTunes and I don't think you can buy it separately, but I am not very tech savvy so maybe there is a way! Have fun at your party!:mickey:

crltkcagle
08-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Thanks everyone!

brownie
08-01-2010, 03:07 PM
There are Disney theme park stations on Live365 that you might be able to get the ride soundtrack from.

Cinderelley
08-03-2010, 05:13 AM
PM me if you haven't gotten it yet :thumbsup:

5MemphisTiggers
08-07-2010, 06:13 PM
You may have already gotten what you were looking for, but I bought the CD set "The Music Behind the Magic." It's got 50 songs from varoius rides and movies, including the Yo Ho song and Grim Grinning Ghosts. We listen to it whenever we need to go to WDW in our heads.

Which, BTW, is often.

faline
08-07-2010, 06:31 PM
I'm not sure if they still sell it, but Disney was selling a CD a few years ago that was focused solely on Pirates of the Caribbean.

crltkcagle
08-07-2010, 06:44 PM
Any idea what the name of the cd was?

I'm not sure if they still sell it, but Disney was selling a CD a few years ago that was focused solely on Pirates of the Caribbean.

badkitty
08-07-2010, 10:53 PM
Any idea what the name of the cd was?

It's the one I mentioned in an earlier post. The title is Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean. Here's the number on the back:5008614697. It is actually a reissue of an earlier CD and I think it is only available in the parks. (I searched Amazon and Disneyrecords and came up with nothing.)

DizneyRox
08-08-2010, 01:10 AM
I'm *cough*NOT*cough* saying that you should go onto LimeWire.... They have lots of the ride spiels. But again *cough*DON'T*cough* do it. :secret:

Oh my! You sound like you may have picked up some sort of virus... Wonder where you may have picked that up from?!?

Cinderelley
08-08-2010, 05:02 AM
Oh my! You sound like you may have picked up some sort of virus... Wonder where you may have picked that up from?!?

That's too funny! :laughing: