PDA

View Full Version : Real Player and videos

CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow
07-30-2010, 06:36 PM
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I'm having some trouble. I've been onto Intercot hundreds of times, but never really here on the boards. Anyway, I always liked watching the videos that are posted around the site, but I've been having some trouble lately. It started once I updated my Real Player to Real Player SP, which seems to be the only one available on the Real site (unless I'm missing something). So my question is, is there something that I can do to get the video's to play, or is there a compatibility issue between the videos and the new player. I've been experiencing this problem for about a year, but I thought it could just have been a problem with my laptop. I just got a new one and installed Real Player, and the same thing is happening. I keep getting a "general error" pop up after about 15 seconds of the player trying to open/play the video. Any help/info would be greatly aprreciated. Thanks.

CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow
07-31-2010, 07:24 PM
update: I found a website where I could download an older version of realplayer, and the videos still do not work. Is anyone else having any issues? Does anyone have a solution?

brownie
08-01-2010, 10:28 PM
I'm able to play the videos but I don't have Real Player installed. I use Real Alternative.

John
08-02-2010, 10:41 AM
I think it was a case of the real video server needing to be restarted. When I first tried on a fresh install of the real player, it downloaded the software (for backwards compatibility) and then tried to play the file I chose. That didn't work.

After I restarted the service and tried again, everything worked just fine and I was able to watch clips and listen as well.

For those curious, re-encoding all the video in a different format is on my list of to-dos.

John
08-02-2010, 10:43 AM
Oh, and for those who have never seen it or never had a chance to ride it - check out the full ride video of Horizons formerly at Epcot (now Mission Space):

http://intercot.com/themeparks/epcot/futureworld/horizons/default.asp

CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow
08-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the responses

I loved Horizons from what I remember of it (I'm 22). My parents and I loved the smell of the oranges, and would always choose the outer space or under water options. It was a great ride.