PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian Club Level Questions??

HeadFairyInCharge
07-29-2010, 02:17 PM
Well we are booked for our second trip to Disney World and....I am splurging !!! We have two daughters 7 and 4...Last trip Dec 2008 Yacht Club
We are trying to concentrate on enjoying this trip and not killing ourselves trying to see everything.
We only booked 5 nights and with the Free Dining Offer bumped ourselves to Club Level and Deluxe Dining to enjoy a few character meals and Signature Dining Restaurants...The only thing is I am not sure what location we will be in GF for Club Level... It really didn't specify room view either. So will we be in the Main Building or Sugar Loaf and are there any particular best rooms for Standard Club Level?
We are going during a fairly quiet week in November before Thanksgiving Rush... any info on this Resort or Club Level Experiences would be great !!! :cloud9:

TammiMcMan
07-29-2010, 07:37 PM
Your reservation should specify either outer building/lodge concierge or main building/royal palm club. By the sounds of it, I'd say you are in the lodge (Sugar Loaf) because they don't have a specific view selection and the main building does.

For Sugar Loaf, you can either ask for the pool view or the marina. There are a couple of rooms on the marina side where you can see some of the fireworks from your balcony. They're the ones closest to the main building. You can't see the castle though. There are also 3 lodge tower rooms, which are available by request and they don't cost extra. These are on the pool side and it's a larger room, with the bow window and a seating area. 2 of them have balconies, the 4th floor unit does not have a balcony.

Sugar Loaf's lounge is on the ground floor, basically it's the lobby of that building. There's no view and it has limited seating, but IMO, it's still nicer than the YC lounge. Food offerings are a little bit different here. Breakfast items include deli meats and cheeses. There's an afternoon tea from 2-4pm with scones and sometimes strawberry trifle. Late evening offerings include champagne.

Hammer
07-29-2010, 11:35 PM
I recently just returned from a 3 night stay in Sugar Loaf club level and it was wonderful! As Tammi said, your confirmation should say if it is outer building (Sugar Loaf) or Main Building club level.

The food offerings were pretty plentiful; so much so that we only ate one sit down meal a day. I personally think it is a waste to have Deluxe Dining when staying club level at the GF as they offer more food then most of the other club levels; the regular Dining Plan should be sufficient. We like that they offered meat and cheeses at breakfast. My Mom, who is a type 1 diabetic, needs to eat a little protein in the morning and this was perfect for me to make her a breakfast croissant.

HeadFairyInCharge
07-31-2010, 11:12 AM
Thank you for the information.... HAMMER You live in NJ too...I am in Williamstown Now, Grew up in Voorhees and Lived in Medford for a while...very small world.:mickey:

The reason I did the upgrade was to have a few more character breakfasts to avoid the lines in the parks to see character and also to Dine at a few signature restaurants like Narcoosee and California Grill...the club level is for us to enjoy on quiet early mornings for coffee light snack in afternoon and perhaps a late snack before we are turning in for the evening. It actually should work well.

TammiMcMan
07-31-2010, 02:13 PM
My daughter is living in New Jersey now. We were there 2 weeks ago for her wedding :) .

the club level is for us to enjoy on quiet early mornings for coffee light snack in afternoon and perhaps a late snack before we are turning in for the evening. It actually should work well.Just to give you an idea on times then, from 6:30am-7am, they have the coffee/tea service. 7-10:00am is when they serve the breakfast items. 11-1:00pm, are light afternoon snacks. 2-4pm is the afternoon tea with more snack items. 5-7pm is all the evening appetizers with wine and beer available and 8-10pm is dessert and cordial time. Cold drinks and coffee/tea/cocoa are available all day from 6:30am-10pm.

Hammer
08-01-2010, 11:22 AM
Just to give you an idea on times then, from 6:AM-7am, they have the coffee/tea service. 7-10:00am is when they serve the breakfast items. 11-1:00pm, are light afternoon snacks. 2-4pm is the afternoon tea with more snack items. 5-7pm is all the evening appetizers with wine and beer available and 8-10pm is dessert and cordial time. Cold drinks and coffee/tea/cocoa are available all day from 6:30am-10pm.

Tammi,

They have adjusted the times for service. As of 7/19, the food service times were as follows:

6:30am-7am- coffee/tea service
7-10:00am- breakfast items
11-2:00pm- light afternoon snacks such as crudites, hummus and various dips (the garlic goat cheese dip was especially delicious)
2:30-4pm- afternoon tea (with the same scones with devonshire cream and trifle offered in the Garden View lounge)
5-7pm- evening appetizers with wine and beer (including champagne)
8-10pm- dessert and cordials
There is a refrigerator in the lounge which is stocked with soft drinks all day and restocked before the staff leaves at 10:00 pm. It is available for guests to grab a soda throughout the night, but if it runs out it is not refilled until 6:30am.