PDA

View Full Version : Another ME Question

twinboyz
07-29-2010, 11:26 AM
We leave for WDW in 15 sleeps.:party:
We received our ME information a few weeks ago, but since then have added a person to our trip. The CM told me the ME info would be resent with the new person added on, but we haven't seen it and I'm getting nervous.:confused: So..has anyone ever added a person after receiving their ME stuff and did you receive another packet?

Thanks!

WishingStar2006
07-29-2010, 01:13 PM
Often times the new vouchers don't arrive in time but not to worry...when you check in with ME at the airport n Orlando, they will have the information and give you the voucher then so all can board the ME bus!!!

Have a great time!

twinboyz
07-29-2010, 01:37 PM
Oh that's right! I'm so used to just walking on the 'red' carpet! We can check in at the desk there! Thanks so much.:D

Pirate Granny
07-29-2010, 02:01 PM
I would pick up the luggage if you don't have the yellow tag...yea, yea, I know they will ask you for a description and type of bag, and flight...but I would pick that one bag up anyway...so, while you're at it, might as well pick up your own...
:pirate:

twinboyz
07-29-2010, 02:18 PM
We have three tags from the first ME packet we received. We'll only be taking 2 bags for the 4 of us, so we should be ok! But thanks for the advice! That would have been a problem if we were missing a piece of luggage.

Thanks!:thumbsup:

CleveRocks
07-29-2010, 09:02 PM
I would pick up the luggage if you don't have the yellow tag...yea, yea, I know they will ask you for a description and type of bag, and flight...but I would pick that one bag up anyway...so, while you're at it, might as well pick up your own...
:pirate:Not sure why you feel that way. Are you aware of first-person reports of problems with the system?

Disney's system of claining bags for guests who did not use the yellow DME tags has been around since before Day One ... it's not some alternative that they just slapped together last week, it's something they planned to do from DME's inception over 5 years ago.

They'll get your baggage claim numbers and a physical description of each bag. A CM will be dispatched to physically claim your bags for you. These bags will be taken back behind-the-scenes in the airport, and the CM will print a DME luggage tag for each bag ... these tags will be white, not the familiar yellow. The bags will then be taken to the nearest internal collection point, and then all the bags from all the collection points are brought to Disney's luggage sorting facility on the grounds of the airport. Once the bags are at one of those collection points still in the terminal, they are with all the rest of the DME luggage.

So anyway, at the luggage sorting facility (which is not in the same building as the main terminal), the bags are scanned and separated first by zone and then by resort, and so on.

During a bag's journey from airplane to resort room, the bag's DME tag's barcode is scanned 5 separate times, and the luggage delivery trucks are tracked by GPS. It's a very high-tech system.

Many people express concern about this alternate method, but have you ever read a first-hand report of someone having a problem with it? I haven't.