PDA

View Full Version : Q re: luggage transfer from hotel to hotel while on cruise??

Dsnygirl
07-28-2010, 02:58 PM
So, I'm not sure how this works...

We have moved resort to resort before, with no problems... we actually went with our luggage vs. them moving it while we went to the parks, as they had the staff to drive us and our luggage all at once in the early morning.

So - what I'd like to know now is whether or not Bell Services/Concierge will transfer our luggage after we check out from AKL to CBR, while we head to Port Canaveral, to be held at CBR while we're on the cruise.

Our cruise is only 4 nights, and we will be staying at AKL for 4 nights beforehand, CBR for 3 nights afterwards. We won't need all those extra clothes, etc., while on the cruise, and would rather leave anything we don't need behind and have it taken from AKL to CBR to be held 'til we check in after the cruise.

Will they do this? I realize it's a liability on their end, but it's one they take on for the day when people resort-hop and go to the parks for the day w/o their luggage, etc., as well.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

:thanks:

Dsnygirl
07-29-2010, 03:39 PM
**bump** Hope someone sees this who knows how it might work! :fingers:

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-29-2010, 08:03 PM
Hmm, I'm not sure about this one.

You can send yourself a package, and they will hold it for a few days before you check in, but I'm not sure about actual luggage. :confused:

A quick call to CBR might be needed.

diz_girl
07-30-2010, 10:16 AM
I second calling. I think that a lot of Intercottes are scratching their heads about this one and not responding.

I thought that when you send yourself a package, the hotel stores it for a fee. I would think that the hotel could store luggage for a fee too. But call first.

Dsnygirl
07-30-2010, 02:13 PM
So, call I did (like I really need an excuse to call Disney, love calling for ANY reason... :blush: ;)) and here's the answer, for anyone else who might need to know...

Talked to a CM at CBR, where we'd be transferring to. He said that Bell Services at AKL (where we are staying first) would hold the luggage while we are gone, and then we could call when we get back and they would facilitate the transfer over to CBR while we travel back and head to the parks. :D :thumbsup: :D Yeah!

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-30-2010, 04:28 PM
Thanks for letting us know the results of your call - it will certainly help others too :thumbsup: