PDA

View Full Version : OK guys, I know it's been asked a million times. When is a good time to go?

kbean
07-28-2010, 02:35 PM
I'm from Fl and planning my first Disneyland trip. I don't mind medium crowds. And I have no kids so I won't need to catch every big show, parade, or fireworks. My thing are of course to get the rides in and sight seeing in. Im just wondering if they do alot of refurbs on rides in the slow season? How early do they close the parks? Would Sept/Oct be a good time like over here in FL?

Thanks for your help.

NotaGeek
07-28-2010, 02:41 PM
HERE (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=115765)is a great thread we made that addresses crowd size and what to expect month by month at Disneyland. There is lots of advice in other threads in vacation planning.

Sept has closures as it's low season and DLR is preparing for the Holiday season.

October is pretty much back to normal in Holiday fashion.

In the off season DLR closes at 9-10pm midweek DCA will close about 2-3 hours prior (unless WOC is showing, check the schedule for exact times). On the weekends DLR is open until 12pom and DCA is open until around 10pm.

January-March is the biggest season for refurbs at DLR.

NewDVCowner
07-28-2010, 03:53 PM
Generally speaking weekdays are less crowded than weekends. If you can plan your trip as a Tuesday through Thursday or there abouts, you won't hit as many people.