PDA

View Full Version : If you could pick, would it be AKL or BC?

sammysmom
07-28-2010, 02:07 PM
I want to hear from those that have stayed at both which one they liked better and why. Thanks:mickey:

goofysally
07-28-2010, 03:23 PM
location, location, location!!!! the pool, with
lazy river, the sandy beach... the walk to Epcot,
the walk to the Studios, the walk to mini golf!

BUT we love staying at AKL but we don't go to
parks... we enjoy the lodge as a retreat...
the only problem staying at AKL is the time to
get the parks and downtown Disney... the walk
from a far room to the bus and/or parking lot
can be 15 minutes! But the animals and the
atmosphere are magical! Good luck... Also
both resorts are great places to stay in "cold"
weather!

BigRedDad
07-29-2010, 09:40 AM
I have visited BC, not stayed there. I have stayed at AKL. My vote is the same as above: BC. Location is key. AKL is only close to AK. Everything else is a decent ride. BC is a walk to two parks, a short bus to MK and AK.

My last stay at AKL was makes the decision easier. It may be because we had a DVC room, but it is a tiny room with uncomfortable beds. The CSR beds are better.

goofy-4-disney
07-29-2010, 11:28 AM
I've never actually stayed at the AKL, but have spent a good chunk of time at that resort as other family members have stayed there during trips. Having said that, I would stay at the Beach Club in a heartbeat. I really enjoy the area around the BC. You have Boardwalk a short walk away, Epcot a short walk away, DHS a fairly short walk away (or take the boat to both of them), and you have the mini golf just across the street pretty much. When thinking about dining options, I always group the world showcase and Boardwalk in with the BC restaurants since both are basically right there. Beach Club is a great resort and one of my favorites at WDW.

KAT1811
07-29-2010, 11:41 AM
location, location, location!!!!

:ditto:

DCDisney
07-29-2010, 12:21 PM
without a hesitation. No matter the ages of the guests, BC has it all. Many celebrities choose to stay there, as well as Disney dignitaries. You can always go visit AKL for dinner or a drink and stand on the balcony overlooking the savannah.

Disney Yankee
07-29-2010, 12:28 PM
We would choose Beach Club also! The location is great, and the pool is wonderful!!! We have never stayed at the AKL, but we visited last year. It was far away from everything. The atmosphere is great, but not good enough to take the place of the location and beauty of the Beach Club!!!

Stickey
07-29-2010, 03:46 PM
The AKL's theming is far superior to the BC. A savannah view room at the AKL will provide a unique experience. If you enjoy the animals, it is an easy choice.

As mentioned earlier, the BC is great for Epcot, DHS, and the boardwalk. As a resort, it is last on my deluxe list.

The AKL is a short trip to AK, Epcot, and DHS. The MK and MK resorts are the most distant.

Mousemates
07-29-2010, 09:44 PM
Have stayed at both and enjoyed both very much...as others have said the AKL is a unique and magical place and if a person can swing the cost of a savannah view room I would say you ought to do it once just for the overall experience of it.

However, having said that the BC has so much in its favor...including the best pool on disney property, great location (you can walk to Boardwalk for entertainment/food, epcot, studios and minature gold), great views and service.

My general suggestion would be to do the AKL for a shorter trip-- if you were going to do a 3 or 4 nighter sometime in the future it would be perfect and its remoteness wouldn't likely be as much of a hassle.....or do a split stay starting the AKL and moving on to the BC after a couple of days.

Mickey91
07-29-2010, 09:46 PM
BC as it is so much closer to all the Magic.

diz_girl
07-30-2010, 11:18 AM
I have stayed at neither, but will still chime in. What kind of vacation are you looking for? Do you want something exotic and secluded, or do you wan to be in the middle of the action? If you want seclusion, go for AKL, if you want activity, go for BC.

ozmom
07-30-2010, 11:40 AM
We couldn't decide either - so we are doing what someone suggested and do a split stay. We are staying at AKL Savana View first and then will move over to BC. We have never stayed at any of these resorts. We are excited to be able to stay at both. :mickey:

iheartdisney
07-30-2010, 12:19 PM
We love them both. But....

BC has a fantastic pool and an amazing location. I would chose this resort if you're planning a longer trip.

AKL has fantastic theming and is like a mini-animal park. Plus, the bus service is the best/fastest service of all of the resorts. I would chose this resort if you're planning a short trip.

NewmanFamily6
07-30-2010, 04:03 PM
:cloud9:I have never stayed at either but I think I would go with AKL. The idea of being able to watch the animals from my room is just

disneymom2000
08-01-2010, 12:09 AM
I have stayed at both. It depends on how long I am planning on staying. If it is a short trip (4 days or less), I will stay at the Beach Club because I do alot at EPCOT and I want to make the most of my time. If I am staying longer than I prefer AKL. I like to allow for extra time at this resort because it is so awesome. Just to be able to sit on the balcony in the mornings to watch the animals is so incredibly relaxing. It all depends how much time I am planning on spending in the parks and rushing or relaxing.

Bellerella
08-01-2010, 12:50 AM
I would choose AKL. It is an amazing resort! And it doesn't really take that long to get to the other parks. From my experience, I would guess an average of 15 minutes. We stayed in a pool view and it was still awesome- there are viewing decks to watch the animals. This resort gives you the chacne to completely unwind after a busy day at the parks. :simba: