PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion, please?

kemps@wdw
07-27-2010, 11:09 PM
Nabbed ressies @ Captain's Grill. Your opinions, please?

sassafras
07-27-2010, 11:47 PM
This is one of our favorites at DW. Good food and very relaxing. One of the few restaurants we've been to at Disney where the chef actually comes out and mingles with the customers.

eam
07-28-2010, 07:29 AM
Where is Captain's Grill? I don't think I have ever dined there.

Jillirose
07-28-2010, 09:00 AM
It's at the YC and we dined there in FEB for the first time and loved it.

Checkers
07-28-2010, 11:50 AM
:mickey:Had dinner there in May and it was delicious. Don't think you will be disappointed.

kemps@wdw
07-28-2010, 11:12 PM
Thanks for your input. We find ourselves creatures of habit when it comes to dining @ WDW, but have decided this year to try new places.

Mickey'sGirl
07-29-2010, 08:11 AM
.... we didn't make it there, but we did make a reservation for our May trip (which we had to cancel). I thought the menu looked great for a family, especially the Prix Fixe set. I hope you really enjoy it! :thumbsup:

MinnieMommie
07-29-2010, 08:25 AM
I think Captains Grill is a best kept secret when it comes to Disney Dinning. We have had breakfast and dinner there. This is not gourmet but very good food, reasonably priced (can not beat the price of the breakfast buffet) in a nice atmosphere with friendly service. We have had enjoyable relaxed meals at Captains Grill and hope you too will enjoy it. :mickey:

mrmcgiv
07-29-2010, 09:31 AM
on the last day of our trip in 07 we had one table svc left and could not find any table in the world showcase! We walked to the captains grill and it was one of the best dinners of the trip. Nice quiet and good food. It was called something different then, Maybe the Captains Galley.

Carolanne
07-29-2010, 10:10 AM
This is one of our favorites at DW. Good food and very relaxing. One of the few restaurants we've been to at Disney where the chef actually comes out and mingles with the customers.

This!

DH & I had a great experience here. Short version: the little girl at the table next to us asked a CM if there was sweet & sour sauce for her chicken tenders; the CM told her he didn’t think so but would check the kitchen. He came back & said they only have BBQ sauce; the mother told him not to worry about it. A few minutes later he came back & said the chef was making a sauce just for her—mom told him to tell the chef not to go to any trouble, BBQ sauce was fine. He came back with the sauce, and a few minutes after that the chef came out to see how the little girl was enjoying her sauce. He shared a nice story about his own family with this family. The chef stopped by to see how we were enjoying our appetizers, then he came back later to see how we were enjoying our entrees.

It was a really nice experience. We were having a great trip anyway, but that experience really made the trip for me.