PDA

View Full Version : Belated Anniversary Trip?

darthmacho
07-27-2010, 02:42 PM
Funny thing happened when I was on the phone making my carriage ride reservations. The woman (I'm bummed that i forgot her name already) asked me if we were celebrating anything during our visit, and I truthfully explained not really, but that this trip was a belated anniversary trip that has been delayed multiple times since April 2008. Much to my surprise, she asked for permission to make note of that on our file that included not only our carriage rides, but also our dinner and other reservations! I hesitated, but gave her permission to make note of it, if only because it truly has been over two years of delay for this trip that was originally suppose to be for celebrating our long passed 10th anniversasry.

Now I'm curious...

1. Am I taking advantage of Disney's hospitality by bringing it up?
2. What should I expect, if anything?
3. Would it be pushing it to buy those bride and groom hats that we would have bought for an April trip? (We even neglected to buy them for our honeymoon trip in 98' and since regretted not doing so.)

What is your opinion?
I trust the jusdgement of the enlightened and experienced here at Intercot! :mickey:

Tygger7
07-27-2010, 03:22 PM
IMHO, I don't think you're taking advantage of anyone or anything. You are truly celebrating a milestone in your life, and sometimes things happen to prevent celebrations from taking place on the "exact" date. My DH & I celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary at WDW in May, but our actual anniversary date is June 24th. The whole trip was a celebration and when June 24th rolled around, my DH had to work and we didn't even make it out to dinner. So CELEBRATE! Buy bride & groom hats, have romantic dinners, do what you wanted to do in the first place. Remember, life is about the journey, not the destination. :mickey:

DizneyRox
07-27-2010, 03:29 PM
I wouldn't feel bad at all. I also wouldn't be expecting too much other than maybe some mickey shaped confetti on your tables and every so often someone wishing you Happy Anniversary (if you're wearing the buttons).

We also got an anniversary card delivered to our room with a Photopass card in it! :cloud9:

Don't sweat it at all...

Strmchsr
07-27-2010, 04:25 PM
If you're truly celebrating, no big deal. It's not like you're trying to sneak something past them. You told the lady the story and she noted it. So don't feel bad at all.

As said above, don't expect much, though. With every person who goes to WDW celebrating something they can't do much. We've gotten mickey shaped confetti a couple of times at our table and once, at Crystal Palace, got a card autographed by Pooh & the gang, but that's been it. Which was enough for us. We didn't really want/need anything.

As for the hats-you can wear any hat you want. No rules on those. Personally, I wouldn't wear a bride and groom hat when I'm not newly married no matter when my anniversary is, but that's my personal preference, not a rule.

TammiMcMan
07-27-2010, 05:42 PM
1. Am I taking advantage of Disney's hospitality by bringing it up?Not at all. Disney tries to bestow a little magic on everyone, it's what they do :mickey: .

2. What should I expect, if anything?Some things might include a free dessert, table decorated with confetti, signed card. Then again, they may not do anything. It really depends on staffing, how busy they are and how willing they are to set something up.

3. Would it be pushing it to buy those bride and groom hats that we would have bought for an April trip? (We even neglected to buy them for our honeymoon trip in 98' and since regretted not doing so.)I'd opt for the anniversary pins instead. That's just me though.