PDA

View Full Version : What Disney film would you like to see remade?

dangerman
07-27-2010, 10:07 AM
I have seen a few tidbits that suggest that Disney are about to remake Flight of The Navigator. Now I love this film to bits and it wasn't till recently that I found out Disney were involved in the original movie.

What Disney film would you like to see remade?

I personally would like to see an up to date remake of Song of The South to go with Splash Mountain, as I feel it would be a nice idea to educate people about the story behind Splash.

DM

diz_girl
07-27-2010, 11:27 AM
I, too, first thought of Song of the South. I'd like to see them keep as much of the original as possible and then just edit/rework the offensive elements and maybe slightly modify the story in keeping with the ride theming, if possible. Even just some revised voicework could go a long way, they'd just need to get some voice actors who are good loopers.

dangerman
07-27-2010, 11:51 AM
I, too, first thought of Song of the South. I'd like to see them keep as much of the original as possible and then just edit/rework the offensive elements and maybe slightly modify the story in keeping with the ride theming, if possible. Even just some revised voicework could go a long way, they'd just need to get some voice actors who are good loopers.

I've never watched the film in full because of the above reason, it was never released here that I am aware of. I think the version I watched was an old VHS tape recording from the TV many years ago and I would guess the offensive bits taken out, as I don't remember anything offensive.

Shame as in most part was a lovely film.

DM

DisneyLuver91
07-27-2010, 11:52 AM
Who else is with me for Morgan Freeman to play Uncle Remus?

BellesRose
07-27-2010, 12:06 PM
I've always said the Haunted Mansion, but that's in the works! So next on my list would be a live-action Beauty and the Beast. The only thing is, there is already a movie coming out called Beastly, so Disney probably wouldn't do their version that close together.

Maleficent_vf
07-27-2010, 12:52 PM
I be honest, I don't want to see anymore remakes. Yes, there are probably some out there that could be done better than they were, but all Hollywood seems to be putting out these days is remakes. Doesn't anyone have good original ideas anymore?

diz_girl
07-27-2010, 01:48 PM
I be honest, I don't want to see anymore remakes. Yes, there are probably some out there that could be done better than they were, but all Hollywood seems to be putting out these days is remakes. Doesn't anyone have good original ideas anymore?

The problem is that many movie studios see original ideas as too much of a risk. They don't know if anyone will come and see the movie. They think that it's a safer risk to release a film that has some familarity, whether it be a remake or a sequel or based on a book, TV show, comic book or videogame.

But I think Avatar was an original idea. However, if anyone other than James Cameron had the idea for the film, it probably never would have been made. But, oh guess what, it's going to have at least two sequels.

If a studio funds an original idea, then its either from a recently successful, well-established director, which they will give a decent budget, or a newcomer, whose budget will be very small in comparison. But the newcomers usually have to go the indie route and hopefully sell it at Sundance.

magicalmom
07-27-2010, 09:53 PM
I'd love to see an intelligent, live action, remake of the Black Cauldron - the Lloyd Alexander novels are wonderful, and this film was SUCH a disappointment.

Dragongirlx
07-28-2010, 03:28 AM
Please, please please no remakes of classic movies. I really hate this idea and would much rather see something new and original than another remake or sequel number 47

azcavalier
07-28-2010, 09:51 AM
Yeah, I would much rather see an "Incredibles 2: The Rise of the Underminer", than a remake of any of the classic movies.

Mickey91
07-29-2010, 06:38 PM
I think a second Incredibles would good as long as they made it to the same great standard they did Toy Story 2 and 3.

But, as far as a remake, I wish they would stick to originals instead of remaking films.

PrincessJadesMom
08-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Song of the South is the first thing I thought of too. I was recently wishing that I could buy that movie.:mickey:

Tekneek
08-02-2010, 04:51 PM
That is awesome. When I saw the the title of the thread, I first thought of Song of the South as well. Seeing as how they seem intent to keep the old one buried, remake it in a way that you're willing to release so the story can get out again.

Rekenna
08-03-2010, 10:40 AM
Hi! I LOVE Haley Mills, and my favorite Haley Mills movie is, "Summer Magic."

I don't know if I necessarilly want this to be re-made, but I definetly think there are a ton of pre-teen girls who have not discovered Haley Mills and would love her as well.

I don't know if I would want anyone to replace Haley, but "Summer Magic" would be a beautiful movie if remade now. As long as it's not Miley playing the part of Nancy! :mickey: