PDA

View Full Version : Port Orleans vs Beach Club for 5

Lokii77
07-26-2010, 10:10 PM
We are going to Disney in Sept. for a week:party: It will be DS 16 and 18, DD 15, my DH and I. My question is would you choose Port Orleans Riverside or Beach Club? I like the price of Port Orleans better but worried it will be too small for all of us. DD is small so the trundle would work okay for her. Are the rooms at Beach Club much bigger? We might need to bring a air bed for one of DS, wondering if a twin would fit on the floor at Port Orleans? Thanks, Cindy

PetefromRI
07-27-2010, 10:13 AM
Your going to be tight at POR.Your talking 5 Adults in a moderate.The POR rooms are 314 sq.ft. compared to 380 sq.ft. at the Y&B.If you can swing it I'd stay at one of the new bldgs.at the Poly,those rooms are 448 sq.ft. and they have a very large daybed plus 2 queens.The mods have double beds and the deluxes have queens.Some people don't mind being cramped in a room as they only sleep and shower there but we like to be comfortable.The Poly rooms are huge.

WDWFanatic
07-27-2010, 10:40 AM
For us it boils down to how much time are you going to spend in your room.

If you are only going to sleep, shower and leave save the money, but if you are going to spend ANY amount of time in your room or at the resort and you can swing it; go for the deluxe. The pool at the Beach Club cannot be beat. Last time we stayed there we had a corner room and it was HUGE. Not to mention more bathroom room also.

I'm not sure of the pricing difference but have you looked into the family suites at the All Stars? You would have two bathrooms and a food court with lots of options.

So I guess I'm not really any help, lol. It all depends what time of resort you prefer...Either way you can't go wrong.

greengeen
07-27-2010, 10:46 AM
The trundle bed is about the size of a crib mattress. And CRO will usually warn you that the trundle is only for guests "under 10 years old". We stopped going to POR when my third son hit 6 years old. The accommodations are just too small.

elmjimmlm
07-27-2010, 11:06 AM
The trundle mattress is a twin size mattress...We are a family of 5 and we have plenty of room but our kids are younger than yours...My DB also stays at POR with his family and his son sleeps on the trundle and he is 15 and has no problem with it...
It does depend on how much time you spend in your room and how much room you want...I like using my money on other things because we know that we won't be in our room that much...It's getting harder to tear our kids away from the parks to be able to go back and rest during the day...
My vote is POR...:thumbsup:

Brian
07-27-2010, 08:11 PM
I recommend the Beach Club. When I was younger and traveled with my parents, there were always 5 of us. The Beach and Yacht Clubs had a day bed (I'm assuming they still do) that I would sleep on. Additionally, the Yacht/Beach Club has queen beds vs. doubles at Port Orleans. We stayed at Port Orleans as a family of 5 but, when we did, we'd reserve two adjoining rooms.

KAT1811
07-28-2010, 10:02 AM
POR is going to be tight but it should work for you. Personally I would do two rooms at a value before I would do the Beach Club. We are park commandos and typically spend very little time in the room. If you are planning on spending a lot of time at the resort and will utilize the amenities at the Beach Club then maybe it will be worth it. I much rather spend the extra money on something fun. Initially we were going to spend the first five nights of our vacation at the Poly but after thinking about it I would rather get two rooms at a value, have room to spread out, and spend the money we will be saving on other fun things around the World.

Brian
07-28-2010, 10:11 AM
POR is going to be tight but it should work for you. Personally I would do two rooms at a value before I would do the Beach Club. We are park commandos and typically spend very little time in the room. If you are planning on spending a lot of time at the resort and will utilize the amenities at the Beach Club then maybe it will be worth it. I much rather spend the extra money on something fun. Initially we were going to spend the first five nights of our vacation at the Poly but after thinking about it I would rather get two rooms at a value, have room to spread out, and spend the money we will be saving on other fun things around the World.

To add to what KAT1811 said, another advantage of two rooms at a Value (or any other category for that matter) is that you would have two bathrooms. This is definitely a plus if you find that everyone tends to get showers around the same time.

afowl1017
07-28-2010, 11:35 AM
Like the other posters have said, it really depends on how you plan to spend your time....in the room or in the parks! In my family there are two adults three kids (9, 4,3) and an infant going in September. We originally were going to All Star Music for the family suite but decided the price was too good not to book Alligator Bayou at Riverside. I am a little nervous but we love the atmosphere there better than at the value resorts. Here's to hoping that we are making the right decision! :fingers::mickey:

aurora, ariel, and bell
07-28-2010, 11:44 AM
We went in 1999 with three teenagers, 19, 17 and 13 and stayed in the Bayou at POR. No problems. We didn't spend much time at the resort, and if we were at the resort then it was swimming etc. We still stay at POR, minus or grown up kids because we love that resort.

Lokii77
07-29-2010, 03:30 PM
Thanks everyone for your thoughts. We have decided to go with two rooms at a moderate (we are deciding between Coronado and Port Orleans)which still is cheaper than one room at BC. The two bathrooms and more room for us to spread out won it for us girls anyway. We can have a bathroom to ourselves:secret:

Aurora
07-29-2010, 06:35 PM
Here's a current thread for you that compares the CSR and PO French Quarter. Not Riverside but it might help:

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=172983