PDA

View Full Version : Fast lane tolls question

crazypoohbear
07-26-2010, 08:28 PM
Does anyone know if the Mass. fast lane receptors work the entire drive to FLA?

Also, do they work at the Tolls in Florida?

We are leaving in 13 days, can't wait and I'm sure that I will come up with more questions as the time gets closer.

Canuck Park Hopper
07-26-2010, 10:30 PM
Most toll roads on the northeast area (but not necessarily all) including the Mass Pike will take EZPass. I would check the like-named website for details.

EZPass is probably the most comprehensive toll system, but once south of VA you may not find partner roadways.

Last time I checked, they all take cash ;)

captigger
07-27-2010, 09:29 PM
I think they only work in New England, New York, New Jersey. but I'm not positive.

ginger19
07-28-2010, 07:07 AM
Ours worked all the way down to NC this summer but that's as far as we went.

Scar
07-28-2010, 09:06 AM
Fast lane receptors in the Northeast (better known as EZPass) will work on the expansion bridges and the bridge that goes under water in Baltimore. ;)

After that there are no more tolls on I-95 or I-4. At least there weren't 2 years ago.

It will not work on Fla toll roads like the ones that go to MCO.

Renfairwedding
07-28-2010, 09:13 AM
You have to watch out in FL. Some exits on the toll roads do have toll collectors. So its the Florida Sun Pass or exact change.

I found this out by getting lost in the Orlando area.

ginger19
07-29-2010, 06:57 AM
Right, my Fastlane tag worked on the Chesapeake bay bridge tunnel just fine and all of the EZpass locations through NY, NJ, etc but will not work on the SunPass in florida.

CaptainSad
07-29-2010, 09:26 AM
EZPass will not work in Florida. Also if you use toll roads a lot of exits don't have toll collectors. It is exact change only. I know because I did this a few years back. Lucky that a passing motorist saw my dilemma and gave me some quarters. He told me if I ever have this problem again to just take a dollar bill out and wave it at the camera. They take pictures of every license plate that go's through. They will send you a bill later and there is no penalty.

crazypoohbear
07-29-2010, 11:15 AM
Thanks for all the responses.
So I guess we are good until we get to Florida.
Does anyone remember what the tolls cost around the Orlando area?

oh and Scar you devil, I finally came up with a good response to your bridge underwater....
all bridges are underwater at some time.... RAIN :D:D:D