PDA

View Full Version : Quietest All Star Resort???

KAT1811
07-26-2010, 05:20 PM
Which of the three All Star Redorts do you think is the least crazy???

Strmchsr
07-26-2010, 09:45 PM
Overall, Music is hands down. Movies is always the most popular and Sports is crazy when it has a youth sports team or event there, but the rest of the time Sports is very quiet.

WVParkfan
07-27-2010, 01:27 PM
Overall, Music is hands down. Movies is always the most popular and Sports is crazy when it has a youth sports team or event there, but the rest of the time Sports is very quiet.

I couldn't have said it any better. We've stayed at all 3, and Music just stands out as the best overall (and the quietest).

grumpyguy
07-27-2010, 01:54 PM
The words "quiet" and "allstar" resort don't really belong in the same sentence do they?
if someone can find a quiet allstar please let me know!!:thumbsup:

Disney4us2
07-27-2010, 01:57 PM
I have stayed at All Star Movies 2 times. Never had a problem with noise. We will be there for one night this Dec.:thumbsup:

KAT1811
07-27-2010, 02:45 PM
The words "quiet" and "allstar" resort don't really belong in the same sentence do they?

Agreed which is why I am wondering which one is the quietest out of all of them.

I am very surprised to hear that so many people think that the All Star Music is the quietest. I would think that it would be the busiest with the movies by the pool at night. I was thinking that many would say the All Star Sports with it's themes not so centered around Disney.

Strmchsr
07-27-2010, 04:31 PM
I am very surprised to hear that so many people think that the All Star Music is the quietest. I would think that it would be the busiest with the movies by the pool at night. I was thinking that many would say the All Star Sports with it's themes not so centered around Disney.

The pool movies don't really create that much noise, but any resort of any level will be noisier if you have a room facing the pool.

The AS Sports actually has a good bit of Disney theming from the baseball characters at the pool to the Mickey basketball character, etc. It has a very Disney look all the way around. Again, Sports becomes most crowded and noisy when there are teams in town for an event because they always stay there.

KAT1811
07-28-2010, 09:51 AM
Sports is crazy when it has a youth sports team or event there, but the rest of the time Sports is very quiet.

Is there any way to find out when a sports team is going to be there?

DisneyWFan
07-28-2010, 12:44 PM
you find out some of the events here
http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events/find/
at the Disney ESPN Wide World of Sports event page it is updated all the time

all the All Stars have times when they are inundated with groups AS Sports tends to house sports teams ( especially in December during the Pop Warner Playoffs which are held at WWOS AS Music also can get crowded around certain holidays when they bring in chior and other music groups ( IE Christmas and Nights of Joy ) and AS Movies always has families with young children because it has the best theming out of the three.

I have stayed at all three and Sports by far is the noisiest most of the time because there are more sporting events then anything else Movies is the most crowded but tends to quiet down earlier do to the young children Music is usually the quietest and least crowded unless you happen to plan a trip during one of the times they are having performers for a holiday event

Mickey91
08-02-2010, 10:36 PM
I would say Music is the quietest.:secret:

hokies4life
08-03-2010, 05:38 AM
We were at Music in August 09 and it was great. The grounds were quiet and we couldn't even tell there were alot of people there until we passed the bus stops in the morning. I would definitely stay there again.

mommy2maddi
08-04-2010, 03:02 PM
Well you didn't give the option of POP century but since it's a value resort I'd vote for it. We stayed there last week and it was NOT crazy at all. It was busy during the day in the food court and pools somewhat but not anything that irritated me at all. At night we were never woken up by anyone and enjoyed it a lot.:mickey:

Goes4FastPass
08-04-2010, 03:10 PM
We found ASMusic to be very acceptable from a noise level.

But you have to remember this is Disney World. I've been in the lobby of the Grand Floridian when it seemed as noisy as Wal-Mart the day after Thanksgiving.

KAT1811
08-04-2010, 03:34 PM
But you have to remember this is Disney World.

I'm not worried about it being loud or crazy at times. Let's keep in mind I am a mother of 4! ;) I was just wondering out of all of the All Stars which one is the lesser of the evils. I'm all about having fun in WDW and sometimes you just have to get a little loud to do it right! :director: :cheer:

To be honest we stayed at Pop for one night last year and didn't care for it :blush:

I guess the consensus is that Music should be the "quietest".

WVParkfan
08-05-2010, 02:27 PM
To be honest we stayed at Pop for one night last year and didn't care for it

Any of the All Stars will be quieter than Pop. Music is the best of the three.

Mickey91
08-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Any of the All Stars will be quieter than Pop. Music is the best of the three.
Not necessarily. Pop is our Value of choice and we have only once had ANY problem with noise. As long as you ask for the back side of the resort, facing hour glass lake, it is usually VERY quiet.

Mickey91
08-05-2010, 05:33 PM
But you have to remember this is Disney World. I've been in the lobby of the Grand Floridian when it seemed as noisy as Wal-Mart the day after Thanksgiving.

Isn't that the truth! I remember the very first time I stepped into the GF lobby. I was expecting to speak almost in a whisper and the noise level was incredible! It is actually one of the reasons we still haven't splurged to stay there.

Mousemates
08-05-2010, 10:12 PM
from our experience the order (quietest to loudest) would be:

Music

Movies

Pop

Sports (thou its been a long time since we were there and thus our experience is dated)

mickeyman42
08-06-2010, 08:20 AM
we have stayed at ASMu twice and have found that it is fairly quiet. the first time we were in broadway and the second time jazz. I am extremely sensitive to noise (I cant stand it for one second) and have been told on numerous occasions that I am no fun because of this! however I found that ASMu was really quiet both times, busy but quiet, and we went the end of April.

mickeysimzac
08-07-2010, 12:21 PM
DS & I stayed at All Star Sports this past May in one of the buildings close to the main pool. We were at the far end of the building away from the pool, never heard any noises outside our room the entire week.