PDA

View Full Version : First week of June crowds?

Tinker Fan
07-26-2010, 05:07 PM
What are the crowds and weather like the first week of June?

ftwildernesskid
07-26-2010, 05:35 PM
I'm wondering the exact same thing! That week doesn't seem to fit into any of the categories on the "busiest times" chart in Info Central. We're hoping it's before a lot of schools are out and it won't be so bad. We'll be overlapping into the 2nd week as well if anyone can comment on that week too.

greengeen
07-26-2010, 06:15 PM
The first week of June is when Gay Days is held. In general the crowds are not bad at all, and I consider it a good time to go. But you should avoid the "park of the day" for Gay Days if you want to avoid crowds. There's usually a calendar posted online at the Gay Days site, just google it.

faline
07-26-2010, 07:02 PM
We did two long weekends two years in a row in early June. I'm still not sure which one was the anamoly. Yes, both were during gay days. The first year we went, the crowds were surprisingly low - so much so that we planned a repeat visit the following year. The next year, the crowds were much higher than we were anticipating. Not sure what the difference was!

Gregandmel
07-27-2010, 01:43 PM
I have some friends who went the very first week in June last summer and they loved it. Even if it's "busy" - it will still be considerably LESS busy than a week or two later when the full force of summer crowds arrive. I would imagine that as each day passes, it will pick up - but I would consider that week as a decent one if you have to go after school is out!

BriarRose0708
07-27-2010, 01:54 PM
I went June 3 through 11 in 2008. The weather wasn't as hot as I had anticipated, it reminded me of mid-to-late October weather. It only rained once for about half an hour the whole time we were there and temps got into the high 80s with some humidity. We planned mid-day breaks to help with the heat and crowds. Crowd levels were moderately low the first 5 days but we noticed considerably larger crowds on the 9th, 10th and 11th and I can only imagine it got worse from there. It was a lovely time to go and I would go at that time of year again some day.

Tinker Fan
07-27-2010, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the great info. (Love Intercot) we will defintly consider this time of year. Our kids get out of school May 26th so would like to go after Memorial weekend.:thumbsup:

MOJoe
07-27-2010, 04:33 PM
My wife teaches school and my boys are both young, so spring break or summer is the only time that we can all get away for a vacation. This makes early June one of the best weeks available to us.
As others have said, the crowds are big, but not as big as later in the month. Also, it can be quite hot, but it is not as hot as July. Humidity driven pop-up thunderstorms can occur, but are more frequent as the month progresses. So you probably get the idea, if summertime is when you go to WDW, then this is as good as it gets.
We love early June, but if the kids were out of school in April, well........ that would make a difference!