PDA

View Full Version : Circulation problem

Dyanna
07-26-2010, 04:12 PM
My father will be traveling for his 1st time to the world in Jan with us & he has a leg circulation problem. Walking is not an issue but standing for any long periods of time will cause his blood to clot in his legs. (he has been hospitalized for this in the past) Is this something that we can request a GAC card for or will they just look at him & say forget it. Does he need to get a note from his dr as well? I am hoping that Jan will not be to crowded that we wont need one but I want to be safe & not have to make a hospital run on our vacation.

IloveDisney71
07-26-2010, 07:31 PM
You might want to take a note from his doctor about this condition just in case BUT I don't think Disney asks for proof when you request a GAC card. Disney is the most accommodating theme park I have ever seen for people with disabilities of any type. January is typically not a crowded month so hopefully your dad won't have to do a lot of standing. I hope you all have a great trip!

Renfairwedding
07-26-2010, 07:43 PM
They have neve asked me for a proof so that should not be such an issue.

You just might want to get him a scooter. This will provid a seat when he needs it. Lots of the rides allow you to ride right up the line or have an entrance where he can wait seated.

ENJOY!!!!!

peemagg
07-27-2010, 04:18 PM
Disney would probably recommend a wheelchair or ECV for him, since there is no way they can limit the amount of standing he will be doing. That would be a front of the line access and the only ones that possibly get that option is those with Make a Wish and such.

A wheelchair or ECV would give him the ability to sit when needed. Since walking is not an issue, I would recommend a wheelchair that someone else can push when not needing to sit.

Dyanna
07-28-2010, 03:30 PM
Thanks. Ill have to look into an ECV then for our trip.

Daisy'sMom
08-19-2010, 04:28 PM
Thanks. Ill have to look into an ECV then for our trip.

As a nurse I woul suggest a GAC and not an ECV. I would think sitting is a bigger no no than standing. Are you flying, that might be a concern?