PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading Give a Day Vouchers

disneymom15
07-26-2010, 12:46 PM
We are going to be upgrading our give a day/get a day vouchers into AP's. Just wondering, I would like to purchase before the price increase. Could they apply the voucher before hand and then I'd turn the voucher in when I pick the AP's up? I'm thinking I may have to call Disney directly to get my answer. Hope this makes sense.

Melanie
07-26-2010, 02:42 PM
You're wanting to purchase before you go to WDW?

I went last week to renew our APs, and was going to use our vouchers. Duh - I forgot my kids' IDs/birth certificates. I was told that what I needed to do was go to any will call window at the parks and with the GAD voucher and proof of ID, they would give me the one day ticket. Then that ticket can be applied towards the upgrade. We're going at the end of the week to get them renewed before any price increase hopefully.

So I think you are asking if you have to be there in person to 'cash in' your GAD voucher??? The answer is yes.

magicofdisney
07-26-2010, 03:18 PM
You're wanting to purchase before you go to WDW?

I went last week to renew our APs, and was going to use our vouchers. Duh - I forgot my kids' IDs/birth certificates. I was told that what I needed to do was go to any will call window at the parks and with the GAD voucher and proof of ID, they would give me the one day ticket. Then that ticket can be applied towards the upgrade. We're going at the end of the week to get them renewed before any price increase hopefully.

So I think you are asking if you have to be there in person to 'cash in' your GAD voucher??? The answer is yes.
You have to show a birth certificate to renew your AP? I've never been asked for one and we've been getting passes for 6yrs now. :confused:

NewDVCowner
07-26-2010, 04:14 PM
You have to show a birth certificate to renew your AP? I've never been asked for one and we've been getting passes for 6yrs now. :confused:

You need them to cash in the GAD vouchers if you don't have photo id.

magicofdisney
07-26-2010, 07:09 PM
You need them to cash in the GAD vouchers if you don't have photo id.
Thanks for clearing that up.

I now recall needing to show some form of ID for my son when getting his birthday voucher.