PDA

View Full Version : Free DDP when staying at campsite @ Ft. Wilderness?

azcavalier
07-26-2010, 09:47 AM
I'm just guessing here, but I'm going to say that you cannot qualify for free dining when staying at a campsite at Fort Wilderness, can you? We have some friends who are thinking about going to WDW, but they are a one income household, with SIX kids. If they go, they'll probably camp at Ft. Wilderness. They asked why we go in October, and I explained the DDP, and how lately there has been a free dining offer. Later, when I was home, I realized that she might be thinking that the two could mix. I've never heard of anyone doing it, and I've gotta think that Disney won't let you. But i've never heard either way.

DizneyRox
07-26-2010, 11:14 AM
I've got to imagine you're right.

"Free" dining isn't really free, and the cost of the campsites to me would seem to indicate that it's not possible.

greengeen
07-26-2010, 12:41 PM
All you have to do is look at Disney's online booking page for "free dining". Campsites are not listed in the drop-down box to select a resort. So the answer is no.

DNS
07-26-2010, 12:51 PM
I would certainly think they would be included. We pay as much for our campsite (more some times) than the value resorts cost. If you tent camp, that might make a difference, but Disney is not an inexpensive place to camp. Not to mention that Disney has almost no overhead on a campsite.

greengeen
07-26-2010, 01:02 PM
I would certainly think they would be included. We pay as much for our campsite (more some times) than the value resorts cost. If you tent camp, that might make a difference, but Disney is not an inexpensive place to camp. Not to mention that Disney has almost no overhead on a campsite.

But a value resort has a maximum of 4 people allowed and a campsite has a maximum of 10. That's why the answer is No.

azcavalier
07-26-2010, 01:16 PM
So what about the cabins, then? If Fort Wilderness isn't even listed in the drop-down, does that mean that Cabin-goers are excluded? Those cabins ain't cheap. We've though about staying there before, but it's cheaper to get a couple of rooms at a value or even POR than it is for one cabin.

Pirate Granny
07-26-2010, 01:19 PM
Cabins are included in the packages you must purchase in order to get 'free dining'.
:pirate:

vicster
07-26-2010, 01:59 PM
I know someone who stayed at FW a couple of years ago and they did not qualify for free dining. Even for two people they would be giving away more in dining than they're getting on a campsite.

DNS
07-26-2010, 02:53 PM
I know someone who stayed at FW a couple of years ago and they did not qualify for free dining. Even for two people they would be giving away more in dining than they're getting on a campsite.

I'm very surprised that the value resorts would be included based on that. At $82 per night for as many as 4 people, the dining would definitely cost more. Our next ressie at FW is $72 a night for just 2 people. And that is not the most expensive site area.

vicster
07-26-2010, 02:57 PM
I'm very surprised that the value resorts would be included based on that. At $82 per night for as many as 4 people, the dining would definitely cost more. Our next ressie at FW is $72 a night for just 2 people. And that is not the most expensive site area.

They did change the free dining this year for value resorts. Value resorts quality for free quick service dining.

magicofdisney
07-26-2010, 03:09 PM
They did change the free dining this year for value resorts. Value resorts quality for free quick service dining.
Unless you did the bounce-back offer from last year. We did and we're receiving the regular dining plan. :mickey:

vicster
07-26-2010, 03:12 PM
Unless you did the bounce-back offer from last year. We did and we're receiving the regular dining plan. :mickey:

Smart move - wish I had thought of that. I'll have to watch for the bounce-back when we go in September.

DizneyRox
07-26-2010, 04:22 PM
Values are not $82 a night for "free" dining either are they? I'm pretty sure it's rack rate, which is more than $82 last I checked...

PIN code or something maybe?

eeyorepoohfan
07-26-2010, 05:02 PM
Values are not $82 a night for "free" dining either are they? I'm pretty sure it's rack rate, which is more than $82 last I checked...

PIN code or something maybe?

For Value season they are $82 a night. And for December during free dining, I can get my room for $82/night except for Friday and Saturday (it is bumped up to $92 or so for those nights).

2MuchWDFun
07-26-2010, 07:56 PM
We're going to POP at Christmas--12/20-12/26 and it's running $154 per night rack rate, and $174 for Christmas day. This is a non preferred room.

On Dec 1st-7th of December it is only $82 for the weekdays and $92 for the weekends...again a non-preferred room.

PopPhan
07-26-2010, 08:08 PM
We're going to POP at Christmas--12/20-12/26 and it's running $154 per night rack rate, and $174 for Christmas day. This is a non preferred room.

On Dec 1st-7th of December it is only $82 for the weekdays and $92 for the weekends...again a non-preferred room.

Dec. 20 - 26 is considered Holiday Season and is therefore the highest rates of the year.

DisneyRox: eeyorepoohfan is quite correct in the pricing of Pop Century (any of the Value Resorts) for Value Season --- Sun - Thurs = $82/night; Fri - Sat = $92/night.

We also booked the Bounceback offer last September and are receiving the full Standard DDP "free" this September. We will be having 4 adults in one room, so this will be MAJOR savings for us!! (Over twice the price of the room - at rack rates - for 10 nights!)