PDA

View Full Version : New Born

smickey
07-26-2010, 08:02 AM
We have a large family gathering in Septemeber at WDW. Our youngest family member will be 2months old.
Has anytone taken a young one and any issues?
:mickey:

JohnnyNovo
07-26-2010, 10:23 AM
We took our son when he was 4mo old and had no issues. Just know where all the baby care centers are. They were a big help. Also if you have a larger stroller that has pockets, it can help you carry diapers, wipes, food, etc... It may be more of a pain on the buses, but it beats carrying a diaper bag. We had a great time when we took him.

princess mommy
07-26-2010, 10:36 AM
We went one year when my son was almost 6 months old and my daughter was 4. We took my son's stroller from home, had a canopy on top and basket underneath with lots of storage space. We rented a single stroller for my daughter in whatever park we were in that day. We used the child swap and because it was just my husband and I,rode alone on the big rides.
We used the baby centers in all the parks and they were wonderful with bathrooms, air conditioning, high chairs, breast feeding room with rockers and low lighting, videos to entertain my daughter and a place to replenish suppplies if needed.
The pace is slower with small ones but we have many happy memories from that visit.

Tick-Tock
07-26-2010, 12:56 PM
I would make sure the baby has all of his/her vaccinations. I caught whooping cough on one trip to WDW, and that can be fatal to young babies.

skibunny75
07-26-2010, 02:34 PM
We took our son at 2 months old in early November and had no problems. I found it easier to take him that little compared to when he was 1 1/2 years old.

We drove down from the Chicago area that year and made sure we had the bigger stroller so he could be a little more comfortable. It was a bigger pain on the buses the the little umbrella stroller, however we made it work. Every morning I made sure his diaper bag had everything he would need for the day and off we went.

He was alert a lot of the time taking in the sights and sounds of what was going on around him. Anything he could go on he went.

He may not remember his first trip, but I certainly do. I would do it all over again if I had the choice.

Night Tracker
07-26-2010, 02:55 PM
We used a backpack stroller for our 6 month DS. He slept a lot, even through noisy attractions. The backpack stroller was a really good thing because we didn't wake him up getting him out of the stroller. All we had to do was convert it to the backpack and we could get him onto busses and attractions without taking him out of the stroller. The one we had worked well to carry on front or back.
You can usally find these at outdoor stores that carry hiking equpment.

LuvAllPrincesses
07-27-2010, 08:38 AM
We took our youngest when he was 6 weeks old a few years ago and no regrets! I agree the big stroller with the attaching infant seat was very difficult to transport. We ended up ditching it in the hotel room and opting for the Baby Bjorn front pack, which was wonderful. We were able to get right on the (reasonable) rides with him awake or asleep without making any adjustments at all. The two of us spent a lot of time in the Baby Care Centers to nurse and diaper change. The next trip I actually found myself missing those quiet breaks there with my little one! Although he'll have no memories of it, we have some great pictures for him to see!

eandrsmom
07-27-2010, 09:49 AM
We've taken our two youngest when they were babies. Previous posts have given good advice. The only thing I can add is to make sure that your baby doesn't get overheated. Disney is still very hot in September. Other than that, I'm sure you'll have a great time. Believe it or not, you can take babies on most of the attractions in MK, which is nice. My daughter slept through POC, Small World, and the Haunted Mansion. I find taking an infant easier than dealing with a toddler.

KAT1811
07-27-2010, 03:15 PM
The youngest we have ever taken any of our four children is 3 1/2 months. She did just fine! I brought my Baby Bjourne and carried her on the rides very easily with me. I agree with the PP that said you have to be careful that they do not get overheated. Might I suggest you get a stroller fan or two? We have them for our stroller and love them. It allows the air to circulate around the kids while they sleep and helps combat the heat. The baby will be fine. Personally I would skip the baby changing stations and change the baby in either the stroller or on a bench with a changing pad from home. Just bring plenty of Purel and use it as much as possible before touching baby. A little extra clean steps won't hurt but outside is outside. There are just as many germs in the market and Target at home!Have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!1 :mickey:

Oh, and an extra large sunshade attachment for the stroller would be helpful since baby is going to be too young for sunscreen you want to make sure that he/she will be out of the sun as much as possible.

Michelle15
07-27-2010, 04:20 PM
This has all been very good post since we will be bringing our 9 month old in Sept.

kat1811...
Oh, and an extra large sunshade attachment for the stroller would be helpful since baby is going to be too young for sunscreen you want to make sure that he/she will be out of the sun as much as possible.[/QUOTE]

Where can you find this?

KAT1811
07-27-2010, 04:47 PM
Where can you find this?

I'll PM you with a link.

smickey
07-27-2010, 06:20 PM
:thumbsup:

Thanks for everyones feedback....it really reassures us and we are so looking forward to spending the time with our 4 children and thier spouses and our 7 grandkids at WDW in September!!
Grandkids range from 2months to 8years. 5 boys and 2 girls!!
:mickey:

kakn7294
07-27-2010, 06:29 PM
We took our nephew at 5 mo and niece at 6 mo and had no issues with either. Be sure to keep baby cool and dry and well-hydrated. Again, no sunblock for one that little - shade for the stroller is a must. Some families like to take a break for baby to sleep but we just let them sleep in the stroller and worked around their schedules. Naptime is a great time to take advantage of baby-swap. Your own stroller is much better than a park rental for baby's comfort - the park strollers are hard plastic. Baby carriers are great for lines and attractions that baby can go on. The Baby Care Centers are great - be sure to take advantage of those, especially if Mom is nursing. Be sure to pack plenty of baby supplies - diapers, wipes, formula, etc. It's expensive at the parks and brands / sizes are limited. Good luck and have a fantastic time!