PDA

View Full Version : Am I going to regret this?

Cinderelley
07-26-2010, 12:54 AM
In our quest to stay at each Disney resort, I have booked our Oct trip at POR, our Dec trip at AsMu and am planning on staying at AKL next June for my bday. It took a whole lot to book all of those away from my beloved Pop Century. Am I going to regret it?

DizneyRox
07-26-2010, 06:25 AM
AKL is the best resort on property, so I don't think so. As long as your wallet doesn't mind.

Disney Doll
07-26-2010, 07:14 AM
Never stayed at ASMu, but we loved POR and AKL. In my opinion you can't go wrong with any of the Disney resorts. I'd love to stay at each resort eventually. What a fun plan!

goofy89
07-26-2010, 08:50 AM
Well I can guarantee you will love AKL! It is my favorite resort on property by far! :mickey:

deedeenmickey
07-26-2010, 08:59 AM
I have stayed at all of these resorts and in my opinion the only one you may regret is All Stars Music. I don't like the fact that it shares the buses with all of the other All Stars resorts . I can't remember exactly the order they are in but the bus fills up at the first stop in the morning and the other 2 hotels are usually left standing up on the bus. Yuk! Other than that I like the resorts. I love, love, love AKL and POR is nice to but I prefer POFQ. We are trying to stay at all of the resorts as well. Either way you are at Disney and I hope you have a ball!!!

Tinker Fan
07-26-2010, 10:37 AM
I would love to try all the resorts to. We have stayed at all these resorts and of course AKL was a favorite but also liked POR and our favorite value is ASMu. You can't really compare them to each other because you pay for what you get at each but would be so fun to try all the resorts at WDW. Our next trip we are trying POFQ.

Goofy4TheWorld
07-26-2010, 11:03 AM
It's all about the Benjamins IMHO. If you can be happy spending the money on Deluxe accommodations, then go for it.

I regret my stay at the Contemporary because it just wasn't worth the money. That said, I still want to stay at almost all of the resorts one day, so if that's your goal too, you gotta stay there sometime.

ThanxForNoticin
07-26-2010, 11:48 AM
The only regret you might have is that you might not want to head back to Pop Century in the future!! I agree with a couple other posters about the AKL - probably our favorite resort. Enjoy your time at the 'new' resorts!

disneymom2000
07-26-2010, 05:01 PM
Ditto about AKL. My home resort is the Beach Club. It is the first resort I stayed at. It took me a couple of visits to try other resorts because I wanted to be well versed in the resort differences. Each time, I loved the resort I was staying at but I always longed to be at the Beach Club until I stayed at AKL. What an awesome resort. The only other time I didn't mind staying somewhere else was when I spent the Christmas visit at the Boardwalk. I visited the Beach Club that visit but the Christmas decorations at the Boardwalk were more beautiful but the room wasn't as lovely. I don't think you will regret this decision.:razz:

darthmacho
07-26-2010, 05:50 PM
Seeing how you're going to WDW 3 times in that 9 month period (August will be just my fourth time in the past 12 years) what's there to regret?
Looks like you've made some good choices for places to stay, and even saved the best for last! Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!
I assume you'll try Boma in June. Great restaurant! :mickey:

IloveDisney71
07-26-2010, 07:25 PM
[QUOTE=deedeenmickey;2081094]I have stayed at all of these resorts and in my opinion the only one you may regret is All Stars Music. I don't like the fact that it shares the buses with all of the other All Stars resorts . I can't remember exactly the order they are in but the bus fills up at the first stop in the morning and the other 2 hotels are usually left standing up on the bus. Yuk! ...QUOTE]

All Stars Sports is First, Music is 2nd, Movies is 3rd

Cinderelley
07-26-2010, 10:52 PM
AKL is the best resort on property, so I don't think so. As long as your wallet doesn't mind.

Oh, my wallet will mind, but I will just tell it to be quiet. Lol.

The only regret you might have is that you might not want to head back to Pop Century in the future!!

I have been at deluxes and moderates too, and I still love Pop Century. I don't think that will happen. :)

Seeing how you're going to WDW 3 times in that 9 month period (August will be just my fourth time in the past 12 years) what's there to regret?
Looks like you've made some good choices for places to stay, and even saved the best for last! Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!
I assume you'll try Boma in June. Great restaurant! :mickey:

Thanks for putting it in perspective for me. ;)

Thanks for all of your input everyone. I feel much better. :D And I will keep the bus situation at AsMu in mind. If we have a morning ADR, we'll just take a taxi.

JPL
07-26-2010, 10:57 PM
I have stayed and enjoyed both resorts. AKL is by far my favorite resort on property. The only resort I have regretted staying at was Coronado Springs I stayed there 3 time and have never had a good experience.

Belster
07-26-2010, 11:16 PM
I am with you...as you can see from my signature I have stayed at delux many times and at mod once...I just LOVE Pop!! When we stayed elsewhere I did regret it...there must be something wrong with me.

Cinderelley
07-27-2010, 01:40 AM
I am with you...as you can see from my signature I have stayed at delux many times and at mod once...I just LOVE Pop!! When we stayed elsewhere I did regret it...there must be something wrong with me.

It must be contagious. ;)

Belster
07-27-2010, 09:37 AM
It must be contagious. ;)

Too funny!:mickey:

tnpoohbear
07-27-2010, 09:39 AM
I don't think so, I have stayed at all of those resorts and loved them all. I too am trying to stay at all of the resorts, but I am still working on that one. We have stayed several times already at AKL (love it) and he GF (loved it too but have to get a good AP discount for this one). But I am happy staying at ASM - I love this resort because of the theming it does not matter to me that it is a value resort. We have also stayed at Pop Century and this was not our favorite and we would not stay there again. The ALK is so lovely - and the food there is great! We loved the rooms, and everything about it.:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-27-2010, 12:36 PM
I think you will be happy with all....

PlutoPlanet
07-27-2010, 12:39 PM
At AKL, take some time to slow down. There is much to take in.

We like the breakfast at Boma better than the one at Chef Mickey's.

Dsnygirl
07-27-2010, 05:12 PM
:mickey: I think you will love it... we have many friends who love POR, and we've stayed at ASMu and AKL, and really enjoyed both. (AKL more, of course, but ASMu was cute!) Have fun on your trips! :thumbsup:

KAT1811
07-28-2010, 10:26 AM
I don't think you'll regret it. At least you will have the experience at the other resorts. POP is my least favorite resort so far but I really enjoy the All Stars. My new favorite is OKW and CSR is a close second. I figure it's all up to what an individual likes or doesn't like. Go and have fun. maybe you'll find a new favorite maybe not but at least you'll know! Have fun!!! :mickey:

Cinderelley
07-30-2010, 02:52 AM
At AKL, take some time to slow down. There is much to take in.

We like the breakfast at Boma better than the one at Chef Mickey's.

I was thinking about spending two weeks at AKL. Is that too long?

darthmacho
07-30-2010, 04:05 PM

Not if you can afford it! AKL seems like one of those resorts that would be difficult to grow tired of, especially if you get a Savannah View. You can't match that type of live entertainment.

Boma is a great restaurant too! :mickey:

Goofy4TheWorld
07-30-2010, 04:28 PM

If it were me, and I were staying two weeks in June, I would stay 1 week at AKL and 1 week at the Beach Club. I think I would be looking for something new after a week, plus my room would probably start getting messy. The great pools (and the close walk to Epcot) would be calling my name in June's hot weather.

The only thing that might alter that is if you have crossed Beach Club off your bucket list by staying there already.

But thats just me...

Cinderelley
07-31-2010, 12:20 AM
Not if you can afford it! AKL seems like one of those resorts that would be difficult to grow tired of, especially if you get a Savannah View. You can't match that type of live entertainment.

Boma is a great restaurant too! :mickey:

A friend of mine and I will be celebrating our 40th Bdays at WDW while they are (hopefully) celebrating theirs. I figured it was a good excuse to blow some money. LOl

Cinderelley
07-31-2010, 12:22 AM
If it were me, and I were staying two weeks in June, I would stay 1 week at AKL and 1 week at the Beach Club. I think I would be looking for something new after a week, plus my room would probably start getting messy. The great pools (and the close walk to Epcot) would be calling my name in June's hot weather.

The only thing that might alter that is if you have crossed Beach Club off your bucket list by staying there already.

But thats just me...

I may have to think about that idea. No, I haven't marked it of of my bucket list. None of the Boardwalk resorts have seemed interesting to me. I know I have to stay at them sometime though. If I did it that way, I would do the Beach Club first. That way I could end the vacation with AKL.

Daisy712
07-31-2010, 04:55 PM
We just got back from CBR a few days ago. We have stayed at Pop many, many times and consider it home. We decided to try something different this time. We honestly can say that we don't feel the need to stay any place other than Pop now. CBR was nice and quiet. We weren't thrilled with the food court. Pops food court has a great variety. CBR's had only two parts opened during off hours.

If you want to try every resort, go for it. We decided we didn't need to spend the extra money to try to find something other than what we already like. Good luck.

Cinderelley
07-31-2010, 09:20 PM
We just got back from CBR a few days ago. We have stayed at Pop many, many times and consider it home. We decided to try something different this time. We honestly can say that we don't feel the need to stay any place other than Pop now. CBR was nice and quiet. We weren't thrilled with the food court. Pops food court has a great variety. CBR's had only two parts opened during off hours.

If you want to try every resort, go for it. We decided we didn't need to spend the extra money to try to find something other than what we already like. Good luck.

We stayed at CBR a couple of years ago, and I didn't like it as much either. Maybe you've got the "Pop Century virus" that Belster and I have. lol

Daisy712
08-01-2010, 10:02 AM
We stayed at CBR a couple of years ago, and I didn't like it as much either. Maybe you've got the "Pop Century virus" that Belster and I have. lol

You have got that one right! ;) My teens said that we are absolutely staying at Pop the next time. They missed it. They were the ones that pushed to stay at CBR. Live and learn.

mommy2maddi
08-04-2010, 02:48 PM
I would like to stay at all the resorts at some point also. When we go next we are staying at POP for 3 nights and then switching to Polynesian for 3 nights. Kids will love POP, it's the only one we have stayed at yet, and WE will love Polynesian. It's the best of both! Maybe you could do that. We feel like you don't spend much time in your room anyway...at least we didn't so why spend more. but I'd still like to try them all :) Have fun!!!:mickey: