PDA

View Full Version : DH just diagnosed with diabetes, we have free dining

Gayle
07-25-2010, 06:49 PM
Do they offer any dining options for diabetics. DH just diagnosed. Just wondering how we are going to cope. Thanks for all your help:(

faline
07-25-2010, 07:03 PM
Have noted on all your reservations that you have special dietary requirements. When you arrive at the restaurant, make it know again you have some dietary restrictions. The restaurants and chefs will work with you.

Here's (http://intercot.com/infocentral/dining/dietary/default.asp)some additional information that might be helpful to you.

Strmchsr
07-25-2010, 09:07 PM
You'll find you can do just fine with a diabetic at WDW. We've done 4 trips now with DS10 since he was diagnosed with diabetes. I assume your husband is type-2 (most adult onset instances are), and DS is type-1, but there are some similarities. You can ask to speak to a chef and he can recommend low carb foods to help your DS. Also, most of the snacks at WDW have carbs on them.

Now, that said, the DDP is an awful lot of heavy eating for a type-2 diabetic. Ya'll might want to drop the DDP and pay OOP for the food and look for a room or package discount instead of dining.

PETE FROM NYC
07-26-2010, 09:00 PM
DW and I are both type 2, her for 2 yrs, me for 20. Been to WDW many times without too many issues. Many restaurants, bot TS and CS have a few no sugar added or sugar free options. Diet coke is sold all over, so is unsweetened iced tea. Food courts will usually have Sprite Zero, but that is super hard to find in the parks.
When making ADRs, tell them someone in your party is diabetic, and repeat it upon arrival at the restaurant. At most TS places, the chef will come out and speak to you.
Food allergies, same procedure.
Keep your free dining.