PDA

View Full Version : Taling Away Free Refridgerator @ CSR?

hubbyofadisneyholic
07-25-2010, 03:47 PM
Fridges have been provided free at moderates for several years now.
Has anyone heard anything about this changing, particularily at CSR?

We have a good sized group of my wife's family going early next month and one of her cousins was supposedly told by a CM that a fridge in the room would cost an extra $10/nite.

We are getting a special rate as part of a convention group, do they operate under different rules?

I would have thought that a change like this would have been brought up here if it had happened.

Thanks...

buzz2001
07-25-2010, 05:51 PM
Fridges are included at CSR as they are at the other mods. CSR does cost $5 more per night than the other mods because of the queen beds and other deluxe type amenities.

CleveRocks
07-26-2010, 07:40 AM
Fridges have been provided free at moderates for several years now.
Has anyone heard anything about this changing, particularily at CSR?

We have a good sized group of my wife's family going early next month and one of her cousins was supposedly told by a CM that a fridge in the room would cost an extra $10/nite.

Unfortunately, call center CMs sometimes make mistakes. No worries, CSR's room fridges are there to stay.

TheRustyScupper
07-26-2010, 12:54 PM
told by a CM that a fridge in the room would cost an extra $10/nite . . . We are getting a special rate as part of a convention group, do they operate under different rules?

1) Sometimes, yes.
2) All depends upon the agreement between the group and WDW.

buzz2001
07-26-2010, 02:46 PM
I doubt they would come in and remove all the fridges at CSR if someone opted not to pay the $10 per nite. The fridge is in the dresser.

KAT1811
07-26-2010, 05:35 PM
I doubt they would come in and remove all the fridges at CSR if someone opted not to pay the $10 per nite. The fridge is in the dresser.

:funny:

I would be surprised if they removed them for that reason and for the fact that the CSR is a more upscale moderate IMHO. With the queen beds and pocket doors to close off the sleeping area with the bathing area, and all the other amenities that the other moderates do not have.

hubbyofadisneyholic
07-26-2010, 06:43 PM

Probably not, especially since for normal reservations the fridge is now included...my thought was that perhaps they use a particular set of buildings for convention groups and that in those buildings the fridges were not automatically provided.

IloveDisney71
07-26-2010, 07:13 PM
CM's do sometimes make mistakes. I'd just call back to double check. We just stayed there a few weeks ago and there was no additional charge for the refrigerator.

buzz2001
07-27-2010, 05:47 AM
Probably not, especially since for normal reservations the fridge is now included...my thought was that perhaps they use a particular set of buildings for convention groups and that in those buildings the fridges were not automatically provided.Its my understanding that every room at CSR has a fridge.

Cabana 9b is the convention building and instead of less, they added the following to those rooms:

Upgraded mattresses
Plus lounge chair with ottoman
Tile flooring in vanity area
Additional shelving in vanity area
Wood crown molding throughout room
DVD player
Bath robes

Plus they offer turn down service and the business club level lounge.

BluewaterBrad
07-27-2010, 04:43 PM
I would trust buzz.........he knows CSR pretty well!!:mickey:

big blue and hairy
07-27-2010, 06:08 PM
I would trust buzz.........he knows CSR pretty well!!:mickey:

He does indeed...

:sulley: