PDA

View Full Version : Maybe you can help, I just did a search and can't find info!

TheDuckRocks
07-25-2010, 11:58 AM
I have looked and looked and can not find the details on getting extra points for your stay. I remember that there was something posted about being able to purchase a small amount of points on a one time per year basis. My senior memory can not dredge up either the dollar amount per point nor the number of points they will let you get.
2 years from now we will be celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary and we would like to take the whole family down for a week. No matter how I work the points I'm coming up about 9 points short and this option would sure work great.
Please help if you know this info. Thanks,

DebK
07-25-2010, 12:04 PM
I think I read it was 24 points at $15 a point....

LoriSan
07-25-2010, 07:56 PM
you may purchase up to 24 points per year at $15 per point

Maleficent's Dad
07-25-2010, 08:19 PM
LoriSan is correct.

From the Member Website:

New option offers alternative to borrowing vacation points

Disney Vacation Club® has created a convenient new solution for Members who find themselves in need of additional vacation points to book a reservation.

This new option, designed as an alternative to borrowing from next year's allotment, allows Members the option of paying for a one-time assignment of as many as 24 vacation points from Disney Vacation Development, Inc., for $15 a vacation point ($13.33 plus $1.67 tax) to complete their reservation. (A receipt is available upon request.)

Members may use these vacation points to book Disney Vacation Club Resorts, Disney Collection Resorts, Disney Cruise Line® voyages, Adventures by Disney experiences and World Passport Collection resorts.

Note that this option is available once each use year, and the transferred vacation points are assigned only for the specific use year and therefore expire when used.

TheDuckRocks
07-26-2010, 11:46 AM
Thank you all for the information. Wouldn't you know it I had it 25 points at $14.:blush:
This is still good though as I only will be needing about 9 points.
Frank, I have no idea where you found that on the DVC site. I spent about a half hour on it and thought I'd searched everywhere.
Thanks again guys! I really should ask here first, someone always comes along with answers.

Maleficent's Dad
07-27-2010, 10:23 AM
Frank, I have no idea where you found that on the DVC site. I spent about a half hour on it and thought I'd searched everywhere.
On the homepage of the member's website, scroll over the "News" tab up at the top; then hit the "What's New" link underneath and you get the "Feature Article."

TheDuckRocks
07-29-2010, 12:57 PM
Thank you.