PDA

View Full Version : Historic October Discounts

Brian
07-25-2010, 12:24 AM
Does anyone recall what types of discounts Disney released last year for stays in late October? Specifically, do you know what was offered on hotels in the Deluxe or Deluxe Villa categories?

We are in the process of trying to figure out where to stay and are going after the "cheapest" Deluxe or Deluxe Villa. This is our first time going during this time of the year (we typically go in May), so I'm not sure what to expect in terms of discounts.

Thanks!

Belster
07-25-2010, 06:59 PM
We went last year 10/24-11/1 and had the free dining promo. We stayed at CSR.

DisneyDINK
07-26-2010, 11:51 AM
DW & I stayed at the WL late in Oct of 2009. We booked the free dining offer. Here's yet another plug for Magical Journeys; they did a great job and got the free dining and then managed to shave a few more $ off the package by applying a better offer. I heard about the offer for Disney Visa holders the end of July. The public (non-Visa, passholder, etc.) offers usually come out a week after the Visa card offers in early-mid August. Booking as early as possible will usually yield the best results. Some resorts and room types may either sell out shortly after a discount is announced or may be excluded from discounts due to availability.

I could have got a better rate at SSR, but I decided I'd rather stay at the WL. I'm happy with my choice.

If I remember correctly there was also a room only offer. There is an archive of discounts here on Intercot:

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/discounts/historicdiscounts.asp

Unfortunately, it wasn't updated for October of 2009. Not too useful in this case. You really can't be sure what offers will come out any given time of the year, but it is fun to speculate.

WDW and the parks were more crowded than I thought they would be due largely to Food & Wine and the Not So Scarry Haloween parties.
I hope that helps.