PDA

View Full Version : Shop 'Til You Drop at World of Disney! (July 24 6a-9p)

NotaGeek
07-23-2010, 06:05 PM
From the DisneyParks Blog:

It’s that time of year again for you Passholders & Disney Vacation Club Members – time to shop till you drop. On Saturday, July 24, World of Disney Stores at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts are hosting shopping extravaganzas. It happens from 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. at Walt Disney World Resort and 6:30am – 9:00am at Disneyland Resort.

For those of you who have shopped the sales before, you know that there are incredible discounts of up to 50% off, special offers, door busters and of course, a special gift for the first 1000 Guests that come through the doors of World of Disney. And if you’re one of our special guests, shopping at Walt Disney World on July 24, the savings don’t stop at World of Disney. Select merchandise shops and restaurants in Downtown Disney are also offering great discounts on keepsake gifts and dining. All you have to do is show your Passholder or Disney Vacation Club ID, and the great deals will come your way. Happy Shopping.
Friendly disclaimer: A valid Passholder ID or Disney Vacation Club ID AND government issued photo ID must be presented to enter the World of Disney store for the early shopping opportunities and must be presented at time of purchase to receive offers. Additional discounts do not apply at Operating Participant locations. Merchandise and offers valid while supplies last. Offers not valid on any previous purchases nor for phone, e-mail , on-line, or mail orders. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Other restrictions may apply. Information and offers are subject to change or cancellation without notice.

Disney4us2
07-23-2010, 09:49 PM
I saw the signs for it last week. It was advertized as the Summer Sizzling Sale. Guess who will be there tomorrow looking for bargains:thumbsup: I loved the ones they did before Christmas last year.

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
07-24-2010, 12:48 AM
6:30am is the start time here on the West Coast.

:smickey:

badkitty
07-24-2010, 11:53 AM
I saw the signs for it last week. It was advertized as the Summer Sizzling Sale. Guess who will be there tomorrow looking for bargains:thumbsup: I loved the ones they did before Christmas last year.

I'm so jealous! Three hours into the FL sale, two and half into the CA sale. What did you buy?

NotaGeek
07-24-2010, 04:59 PM
Did anyone make it to the sale today? I am SO jealous!

Disney4us2
07-25-2010, 12:57 PM
Did anyone make it to the sale today? I am SO jealous!

I did:thumbsup: We left very early.. just after 5 am to get there. We got there about 5:50 am in hopes they opened the parking lot early. At 6:30 the lot opened and we were on our way.

The sale was just ok. I thought the ones they during December last year were better. I did buy, but not as much as I thought I was going to. Our big bargains were Mickey blankets with the "Let's celebrate" theme. They retailed for $35.00 and were on sale for $7.00. Jessica got the bendable Mickey Mouse plush at 50% off rt price, and a Pluto for $5.00. We also got a few tops for 50% off. There were lots of good bargains.... tote bags/purses, Vinylmations (the whole display box) for $89.00... I thought about that one, but just didn't want to spend that much. They still have the red carry on suit cases for $9.99 which include a matching tote bag. I didn't get that this time since I got 3 of them a couple of weeks ago. I don't think I saw everything since it was very crowded. On top of the sale, I also got my 20% AP discount. I am not looking forward to it returning to 10% the end of Sept.

They put a wrist band on those going in, after showing your AP (or DVC member card) to qualify for the free gift. The gift this time was a pair of Mickey Mouse Ears saying "The Big Cheese" embroidered on the hat and the ears looked like swiss cheese. They are very cute. This time the line to get into the store was not as bad as it was in Dec.

Disney4us2
07-25-2010, 01:07 PM
I forgot to mention.... Before you go in to the store, everyone got a big clear trash bag to put in the merchandise. I couldn't believe that some guests had their bags full and had several bags. I wish I could afford to do that...lol;)