PDA

View Full Version : I'm starting to Panic!

Claudielou
07-21-2010, 08:05 PM
We will be in Disneyland September 18 thru 26. What I can see of the September Calendar for Disneyland is really upsetting me. I knew that things would be cut back, but it looks like there aren't even going to be any fireworks, fantasmic, or much of anything but a couple of parades!:mad: Somebody tell me that when more of the calendar shows up at least the fireworks will be back after the middle of the month! We have been to WDW in September and there was still lots going on! We are DVC members and I'm not sure if we can change anything at this point! This will be the first Disneyland trip for my DH and my mother hasn't been since I was a teenager (that was a really long time ago). I haven't been since 1987. Anybody out there have any experience in the last half of September?:help:

Disney4us2
07-21-2010, 08:27 PM
Fireworks, Fantasmic, and probably World of Color should be running on the weekends, Fri/Sat/Sun. Haunted Masnion Holiday should be opening around that time too. Keep checking the calendar for updates on the entertainment/fireworks etc.

Claudielou
07-22-2010, 09:47 AM
Thanks! That makes me feel better. I will keep checking.:thanks:

NotaGeek
07-22-2010, 05:52 PM
Fireworks will definitely run on the weekend -- and WOC should be running -- who knows how often, that depends on the draw they are still getting -- and Fantasmic! oftentimes goes down in September for refurb/cost saving, so who knows ...

The calendar should be loaded sometime in July. Keep your fingers crossed!

egospotter
07-23-2010, 09:51 PM
I am in the same boat as you - we are going in October and I hate this blind planning - so much easier planning a trip to WDW!

Right now it looks like there are no World of Color shows planned after Labor Day which can't be right. I'm guessing they are waiting to see what the demand is going to be like to pick the nights it will show in the off season.

Claudielou
07-26-2010, 10:03 AM
I'm with you on the planning! WDW is so much easier! So far there's just Fantasmic for the weekend. We really love the firewords. The ones at DW at Halloween are really neat. I was looking forward to world of Color. At least you can taken in the Halloween party if you want to. With the 10 am opening for the parks we have plenty of time to get going in the mornings!:mickey:

NotaGeek
07-26-2010, 01:45 PM
It's the West Coast ... everything is more laid back -- Disneyland/DCA just don't require the planning that WDW does -- really. I have done both and I much prefer the easy going DLR lifestyle to the epic planning rituals and transportation madness that WDW has to offer.

You'll be fine.

The calendar at DLR comes out roughly 90 days ahead of time... we update as soon as the new dates are out.

You'll have a great time ... like Crush says ... just go with the flow.

Claudielou
07-27-2010, 12:48 PM
The Disney Magic will still be there!:pixie: We are counting the days!

Claudielou
07-28-2010, 07:47 AM
I just looked at the Disney Calendar and World of Color is back! Now to decide between a picnic and the dinner! My mom will be in a wheelchair and another post said there are benches in the handicap section for the picnics. That is probably what we will do. I can hardly wait!!!!:mjump: I am soooo ready for vacation.:mickey:

Disney4us2
07-28-2010, 10:08 AM
I did the picnic and was in the handicapped section. You can also do the dinner and be in the handicapped section. If you choose the dinner, make it an early one so you have time to line up early.

Have a great trip:mickey:

Claudielou
07-28-2010, 10:23 AM
We always do an early dinner anyway. We just don't like to eat late. Which did you like better the picnic or dinner? We may just do two nights! Only 52 days to go until we are there!:mickey: Thanks for the tip!:thanks:

Disney4us2
07-28-2010, 10:37 AM
We always do an early dinner anyway. We just don't like to eat late. Which did you like better the picnic or dinner? We may just do two nights! Only 52 days to go until we are there!:mickey: Thanks for the tip!:thanks:

I have only done the picnic. I would probably do the picnic again since the price is a lot lower. So far we have only seen it once. I picked up my picnic around 5:30 and that timing was great to eat and such(ladies room:blush:) before the show. Book you picnic online for the 9:00 show. If you purchase same day you will get the second show. There is a pre-show at the first show. Also get some inexpensive poncho's (Target/Walmart) as you may get misted. It is not too bad, but the nights get cool. Those throw away ponchos are easy to carry and very disposable:mickey: