PDA

View Full Version : Coffee at Pop Century or in the parks?

ASweetLov
07-21-2010, 02:42 PM
I am not a coffee drinker but my sister is. I will be going to WDW with her next year on a sisterly trip(her first time), but she must have coffee in the morning to take some of her grumpiness away. Is there any coffee in Pop Century's food court? and where can I find the closest place to the entrences of each park that sells coffee? I am pretty sure the bakery on main street would have some but have no clue about anywhere else.

Daisy'sMom
07-21-2010, 03:23 PM
Yes, POP does have coffee at their refreshment bar. Buy a refillable mug and grab her a coffee first thing in the morning. Don't know what is the closest place to the entrance at each park, but know we never have had a problem finding some.:mickey:

Disneyfirsttimer
07-21-2010, 03:36 PM
A word of caution, the coffee is not really very good at Disney. I love my coffee and the coffee at Disney is Nescafe which almost tastes like instant - has a watered-down taste. Might want to give her a heads up.

DizneyRox
07-21-2010, 03:55 PM
Technically coffee is available just about everywhere, but if you're looking for good coffee, good luck! It's probably good for a caffine fix if you can get past the taste, but that's a pretty big IF.

We brew our own on vacation if possible. Othwerwise, I'll drink bottled coke.

JPL
07-21-2010, 04:22 PM
The coffee throughout most of WDW if terrible with very few exceptions some of their specialty coffee are passable but barely and way overpriced for what you are getting. As others have said it's Nescafe Instant coffee and it doesn't really ressemble real coffee. Someone recently told me they bought a few boxes of the Starbucks instant packets they sell and used those while at WDW.

PETE FROM NYC
07-22-2010, 01:35 PM
The coffee throughout most of WDW if terrible with very few exceptions some of their specialty coffee are passable but barely and way overpriced for what you are getting. As others have said it's Nescafe Instant coffee and it doesn't really ressemble real coffee. Someone recently told me they bought a few boxes of the Starbucks instant packets they sell and used those while at WDW.

What was told to me last trip was that WDW buys concentrated liquid Nescafe, they dilute it and heat it for sale that way.
LOUSY COFFEE!!!

Pigtunia
07-22-2010, 02:14 PM
I must be lucky, or I'm only buying at the specialty stands, but I love Disney's coffee (and I'm pretty picky about my coffee).

Starring Rolls at DHS is a stand-out.

The coffee stand in AK (on your left after you've passed through the Oasis and before you get to the ring path in front of the Tree of Life) has good coffee.

BriarRose0708
07-22-2010, 04:30 PM
I have only found real brewed coffee at a few places in the parks and some restaurants. You will only get Nescafe at counter service places EXCEPT Kona Cafe's snack bar. I have found excellent coffee at the coffee shop next to Sci Fi in Hollywood Studios and Espresso carts in EPCOT and Animal Kingdom. I have yet to find anything in the Magic Kingdom that resembles coffee. However, I think that at most the table service restaurants you get a good cup of brew. Tell your sister about the french press pots of 100% Kona at Kona Cafe, she will love it!

eeyorepoohfan
07-22-2010, 04:35 PM
I am an avid coffee drinker myself. I had read that coffee wasn't very good at WDW. So I bought the 12 pack of Starbucks VIA before I left. I also bought individual coffee creamers (International Delights) at Walmart and packed it in my checked luggage. So in the morning I would just need to get some hot water from the food court at POP Century. I had great coffee every day! This also put me in control of how strong my coffee was each day. I use a French Press at home every day, so I do know how to spoil myself but was too afraid to pack it (didn't want it to get broken and didn't want to have to deal with cleaning it). The VIA is less than $1 per serving I believe, so very affordable! Have a great sisters trip!!!! My two sisters and I did a sisters trip to Disneyland in May and it was so fun!!! And just let your sister know there is no grumyness at WDW ;) I'm not normally very sociable before coffee, but at WDW I wake up with a smile on my face and am ready to go!!! Have fun!!!

Pigtunia
07-23-2010, 11:09 AM
I have only found real brewed coffee at a few places in the parks and some restaurants. You will only get Nescafe at counter service places EXCEPT Kona Cafe's snack bar. I have found excellent coffee at the coffee shop next to Sci Fi in Hollywood Studios and Espresso carts in EPCOT and Animal Kingdom. I have yet to find anything in the Magic Kingdom that resembles coffee. However, I think that at most the table service restaurants you get a good cup of brew. Tell your sister about the french press pots of 100% Kona at Kona Cafe, she will love it!

This must be why I haven't had a bad cup of coffee at WDW: I don't buy coffee from the CS. I only ge it at the specialty places, the TS restaurants, and the specialty carts.

And yes, the coffee in the store next to SciFi is very good!

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-23-2010, 12:28 PM
Coffee in general pretty much stinks at Disney...to answer the question yes they have it at Pop but its not good there...Kona has really good coffee and there were a few specialty coffee stands throughout the parks that seemed to be better quality.

One option: We brought a coffee pot with us and made our own in the room every morning, just make sure to unplug the pot before you leave for the parks.

WVParkfan
07-23-2010, 03:16 PM
Disney does so many things well, but coffee and pizza aren't among them.

My advice: skip the Nescafe' at the foodcourt and get some coffee from a kiosk in whichever park you are in. As for pizza, just wait until you get back home to order one.

Rosemickey68
07-25-2010, 05:02 PM
We got coffee at an expresso stand outside of Tower of Terror and we thought it was good.
The coffee was horrible at the French Pastry shop at Epcot. Unless she likes nescafe, I would do as everyone above says and take the individual packets with her, hot water wouldn't be difficult to get anywhere at the parks or at the resorts. good luck and have a fun trip!

big blue and hairy
07-26-2010, 04:16 PM
What was told to me last trip was that WDW buys concentrated liquid Nescafe, they dilute it and heat it for sale that way.
LOUSY COFFEE!!!

Yup, I call it the sludge-o-matic. I don't know if they still do, but Burger King used to make their coffee that way too. Yummy...:sick:

:sulley:

ASweetLov
07-26-2010, 05:16 PM
Thanks everyone! Will ask her what she wants to do about the coffee lol

Disney Yankee
08-01-2010, 01:33 PM
It amazes me that Disney still doesn't have good coffee. I usually love to have a cup of coffee every morning, but most days during my last trip I skipped coffee in the morning. It just isn't worth it!!!:mad:

Granny Jill A
08-02-2010, 03:02 PM
Nescafe tastes like sludge. I love my coffee, but I skipped it at Pop Century becauses it tastes so bad. I saved my pennies for a great cuppa at Kona Cafe. Worth every cent.

big blue and hairy
08-02-2010, 06:07 PM
Nescafe tastes like sludge.
Because it is sludge...:ack: I will say though, the Nescafe at Poly concierge was brewed, and it wasn't that bad. It wasn't great, but at least it wasn't sludge-o-matic.

:sulley: