PDA

View Full Version : Disney gift card to pay tips

Mitzie
07-21-2010, 09:40 AM
Does anyone know if you can use a Disney gift card to pay the tips to the servers at the resturants that are on the dining plan.

disneymom15
07-21-2010, 10:49 AM
I don't know for sure, but I don't see why you couldn't. I've paid for food purchases with them.

biodtl
07-21-2010, 11:25 AM
Even if you can't, you can charge them to your room (if you're on-site) and use your gift card towards your charges at checkout (or before - just go to the front desk. We charge everything to the room and usually stop by the desk mid-trip to pay and check on our expenses, so they don't get away from us).

MonoMan
07-21-2010, 09:27 PM
In the past we've used the Disney Gift Card that is issued with the points we've earned using the Disney Rewards Visa Card and we've always been able to use it to tip. It works just like a credit card with the only difference being that after you pay the receipt shows the balance of the gift card and because the tip hasn't been processed yet the balance will be higher.

Gibbs
07-23-2010, 01:33 PM
We saved for our las trip using gift cards. When it was time for us to leave we had at least 35 gift cards. At check in we asked the cast memeber if we could add them to our room key. We ended up with a nice credit, and we used one card to make all of our purchases including food. This is way more convenient that messing around with cards and balances. At the end of our trip we still had a small credit left. We appied that back to the credit card we used to book the room. I thought that was just awsome.:thumbsup: