PDA

View Full Version : Southwest and RAC (Resort Airline Check-In) Yet?

WhereIsTigger?
07-20-2010, 10:48 PM
I just checked Disney's Magical Express and Resort Airline Check-in list and didn't see Southwest on the RAC list. I know I can use Magical Express, just wondering if they implemented RAC yet? I read a couple posts on intercot that Southwest was testing RAC back in March, just wondering if it's officially implemented?

Thanks!

DizneyRox
07-21-2010, 07:11 AM
Yep, it's there... Cake to check out now...

faline
07-21-2010, 09:23 AM
Used it in May at Coronado Springs. Easy peasy!

WishingStar2006
07-21-2010, 09:45 AM
Used it in May at Wilderness Lodge.....SOOOOOO nice!!!

PopPhan
07-21-2010, 10:57 AM
Used it last September when it was being tested at Pop Century....worked GREAT!!!

CleveRocks
07-22-2010, 04:33 AM
If you are staying at Caribbean Beach Resort or Old Key West, you can't use Resort Airline Check-in if you are flying home on Southwest Airlines.

The reason has to do with lack of sufficient luggage storage area. It's unclear if there will be any construction or reallocation of space to make it possible.

Both resorts have RAC desks, it's just if you fly SWA that RAC isn't available to you at both resorts.

dizne4me
07-22-2010, 06:35 AM
I know this may sound like a dumb question -- but what exactly is resort airline check in? Does it eliminate standing in long lines at the airport (other than security)? We will be traveling with Southwest so I'm trying to figure out all the benefits I can take advantage of.
Thanks

DizneyRox
07-22-2010, 07:40 AM
I know this may sound like a dumb question -- but what exactly is resort airline check in? Does it eliminate standing in long lines at the airport (other than security)? We will be traveling with Southwest so I'm trying to figure out all the benefits I can take advantage of.
Thanks
That's EXACTLY what it is. Get your baggage our of your hands before you actually leave the resort. You get your boarding passes and you're off. I've been so waiting for Southwest to participate, it makes life so much easier.

It's the same thing as the SkyCaps outside your airport, just at the resorts.

It is a tipped position...

WhereIsTigger?
07-22-2010, 11:00 PM
Yep, it's there... Cake to check out now...

Yay!

Checkers
07-25-2010, 05:13 PM
If you are staying at Caribbean Beach Resort or Old Key West, you can't use Resort Airline Check-in if you are flying home on Southwest Airlines.

The reason has to do with lack of sufficient luggage storage area. It's unclear if there will be any construction or reallocation of space to make it possible.

Both resorts have RAC desks, it's just if you fly SWA that RAC isn't available to you at both resorts.

We are going next week to OKW and I read somewhere (on one of the boards) that someone was staying at OKW and the renovations were almost complete at their RAC area. They were curious as to when OKW would offer RAC for SW and a CM standing nearby told them that SW would be offered beginning on July 20 as the renovations to the RAC would be completed by then. Good news for us. I don't know anything about CBR but I do know definitely that extensive renovations were underway at OKW at the RAC so it would make sense that SW would be accommodated after the expansion.

LoriSan
07-25-2010, 08:11 PM
used it on Monday at BWV. so convenient

Disney Doll
07-26-2010, 07:48 AM
Fantastic news! We're planning our first trip since becoming a family of 4 and with all the luggage that two little guys require resort check in would sure help us out!