PDA

View Full Version : Checking the Status of an Unused Ticket

Brian
07-20-2010, 07:28 PM
Is it possible to find out the status of an unused ticket without actually being in WDW? Specifically, I want to confirm that it's still active and find out the number of days on it. I know you can go to Guest Relations, but I was wondering if there was somewhere that you could check online (or call) before showing up.

We have a leftover ticket from our last trip and, just for peace of mind, I'd like to check and make sure that it's still valid. I'd also like to check that I have the right one (we bought two, but only used one during our last trip).

DizneyRox
07-20-2010, 07:32 PM
Nope... Ticket checks can only be done in WDW. Some say it's possible to do it at the resorts, other say Guest Relations. Both would require you to be on property.

3AMommy
07-20-2010, 07:46 PM
We had this same problem last summer. We had to wait until we were at the parks then go to the Guest Relations area. I was really nervous about it, but checking the cards was quick and easy!

3AMommy:)

PopPhan
07-20-2010, 08:07 PM
Are you checking for unused days/entries? If so, unless you paid for the No Expiration option and if the ticket had been used at all, you are probably out of luck. However, you did not say how long ago your last trip was....

When the MYW ticket was introduced (around 2004/2005) all tickets became good for 14 days from first use, unless you paid for the No Expiration option.

If the ticket was NEVER used for park entry, it should match what was originally purchased (most probably the length of your last stay) and would be good until 14 days after first use.

If he ticket is Pre-MYW, you will need to take it to Guest Relations on WDW property to find out what is left on it.

Brian
07-20-2010, 08:13 PM
Are you checking for unused days/entries? If so, unless you paid for the No Expiration option and if the ticket had been used at all, you are probably out of luck. However, you did not say how long ago your last trip was....

Our last trip was in April of '09. One of us already had a season pass, so we only needed to use one of the tickets that was a part of our package. The other ticket was never used. The tickets were coded on to our room keys. I'm sure the ticket is fine, but I thought it would be a good idea to double-check before we go later this year.

Pirate Granny
07-20-2010, 08:27 PM
They can check at the resort also...they will only check three tickets during one request...I have lots of left over days BEFORE they started charging an arm and a leg for non-expiring...we always bought ten days regardless how long we were staying...they've closed that loophole...Now I have an annual pass,but have to purchase a one day ticket each time I go...I guess now it's up to two day tickets...I get home and put a piece of masking tape with the days and options left..have lots of options left on non-expiring tickets...I won't have to buy waterpark tickets for years to come...
:pirate:

gerald72
07-20-2010, 09:56 PM
Pirate granny, why do you have to purchase a one day ticket every time you go, if you have an annual pass?

1DisneyNut
07-20-2010, 10:32 PM
Pirate granny, why do you have to purchase a one day ticket every time you go, if you have an annual pass?

In the past to take advantage of the free dining offers, you have to purchase at least a one day ticket to get the magic your way package. The current free dining offer requires each member of the party to purchase at least a two day ticket. This leads to annual pass holders building up an inventory of single day and now it looks like it will be two day tickets.

On another note, as Pirate Granny also mentioned we too used to buy the 10 day tickets and save the extra days. We sometimes used the extra days to bring along friends or relatives on our trips. Now that they closed that loophole, the friends are relatives are on their own. lol