PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get Sprite Zero?

PETE FROM NYC
07-19-2010, 05:32 PM
Last September at WDW, DW found one spot in MK that sold Sprite Zero, near the hub. That was the only theme park location that we foung that carried it. We are both diabetic and are sick and tired of being force fed Diet Coke wherever we go. It seems that the Disney folks don't care. The only un-sugared drinks available are the diet Cokes and unsweetened iced tea, both loaded with caffeine which I am also supposed to limit, too. I will not pay good money for bottled water, and most fountains are not chilled.

STILL NO CHOICE FOR DIABETICS.

Scar
07-19-2010, 05:48 PM
I will not pay good money for bottled water, and most fountains are not chilled.Most carts will give you a cup of ice for free, which you can then fill at a water fountain.

BrerGnat
07-19-2010, 06:16 PM
In addition, every CS restaurant will gladly hand you a free cup of ice (tap) water if you ask.

I'm sorry, but nobody is "force feeding" anyone soda of any kind. Your choice not to spend money on bottled water is that, a choice. You could certainly purchase a reusable water bottle or hydration pack (Camelbak) and fill it with ice and water at your hotel prior to heading out to the parks.

I suppose there is not much demand for diet, non cola, soda. They do have the MinuteMaid LIGHT lemonade available at numerous places in WDW. In addition, they sell vitamin water and sports drinks, both low in sugar.

ILoveLegos
07-19-2010, 08:35 PM
My mom is a type 2 diabetic and she likes Sprite Zero too. Unfortunately we have not been able to find it in the Disney parks either. Maybe you can arrange a grocery stop on your trip or ship the Sprite zero to yourself in advance?

I don't live very far from Disney (part-time) so we stock up enough in our car for our stay. May I also suggest the individual powders that you can add to regular tap or bottled water that make it more pallatable. My mom prefers ones with Splenda but we see Equal ones too, just read the label if you have artificial sweetner preferences.

Hope this helps!

DDuck66
07-21-2010, 09:39 AM
I have not seen any Sprite Zero, but most of the stores and resorts are carrying Coke Zero. I agree that I hate to have no choices except for Diet Coke.

biodtl
07-21-2010, 11:19 AM
You could always stock up (or order from garden grocer), then take a few cans in a backpack and get the free cup of ice to cool it for drinking.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-01-2010, 06:24 PM
I was very glad on my last trip to see Minute Maid Light appearing at more places - it is nice to have a low sugar, non-bubbly alternative.

I am surprised that Disney doesn't have more variety with their drinks, but I guess it is easier to offer the same things at all locations.

McLiberal8
08-01-2010, 07:49 PM
I don't drink high fructose corn syrup, or artifical sweeteners.. talk about no choices!
You could get water and bring those no-sugar flavor packets, maybe, if you need a little flavor?

goofball
08-09-2010, 05:07 PM
Not sure if you already know about this location, but I found Sprite Zero in the candy store on the first corner on the right of Main Street as you face the castle. It's the same store where you can sample fudge (I guess if you're diabetic that's not going to help you) and it's right next to the hat store.