PDA

View Full Version : Requesting a certain room

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
07-19-2010, 02:31 PM
How much luck have you had when you requested a certain room/buildiing, etc?

What/how exactly did you request the space?

Thanks

KarenP
07-19-2010, 02:44 PM
Disney tries their best to honor your preferences. I would make your room requests when you book your reservation and then be sure to reiterate at check in.

Seasonscraps
07-19-2010, 02:46 PM
I have only gone so far as to request certain buildings or general locations (close to elevator, first floor type of thing), which I had noted on my reservations with an 80-90% success rate. I never requested a particular room - I am lucky if I remember the room number while I am there :blush: but I think that would be more difficult to accommodate.

disneykid@hrt
07-19-2010, 04:00 PM
We have always had really good luck with room requests. I let them know when I make the initial reservation and then 3 days before we go I fax something down to the individual resort. In the past I have given them my first choice and then give them a second choice, or what I prefer second. Of course I'm not rude about it... Like when we stayed at POR I requested the 2 buildings closest to the food court/main building because "the birthday princess wants to be close to the action and not too far for when she's all partied out." Yeah, I know... cheesy. But hey it worked. First floor corner room in the building I wanted. Also my mother always told me it pays to be appreciative in advance. Good luck. Sometimes it is truly out of their hands.

kakn7294
07-19-2010, 04:28 PM
The only 2 times I made specific requests, it was 50-50. We wanted building 4 at POFQ which we got. We wanted in the Casitas at CSR but got stuck in the Ranchos instead. I've never requested a specific room. We got exactly what we wanted at WL without even submitting a request. That couldn't have been better!

faline
07-19-2010, 04:31 PM
We have made general requests such as "on as high a floor as possible"; "room in a quiet location"; or a "room with a balcony in building x". For the most part, Disney has been very good about honoring such requests!

KAT1811
07-19-2010, 04:34 PM
After hearing about everyone's great luck with room requests on here I decided to make a request for our trip a few years back. We were staying at Coronado Springs as part of a Grand Gathering. I called back to have our request noted on our reservation. It was a simple request to be in a ground floor room next to a quiet pool. Well apparently something was "lost in translation" because the CM I was speaking to seemed confused at my request. After asking numerous times if she understood what I was looking for and a zillion yeses later we ended the call. I was feeling a little uneasy about the phone call so I decided to call back and recheck the notation. Well, when I called back the CM I had spoken for cancelled my ENTIRE reservation!!!!!! We had booked during the "free dining" promotion (which was no longer being offered)!!! I freaked out!!! Than heaven that the CM I spoke with day 2 felt awful and moved heaven and earth to reinstate my initial reservation! Ever since then I have not requested a thing!!! I'll ask at check in but never note another thing on my reservation!

Good luck!!!