PDA

View Full Version : port orleans french quarter vs Coronado

Mushu11756
07-18-2010, 10:17 PM
Which one would you choose? My husband and I can't quite decide. We have stayed at Riverside in 2006. We've narrowed our choices down to french quarter or Cornado so we were wondering what your thoughts and experiences are. Thanks everyone

AnnaMom
07-19-2010, 12:56 AM
We just returned from POFQ & LOVED IT! Very small, relaxing resort everything is with in a five minute walk. I understand that the Cornando is very large and spread out plus it is a convention resort. (You may want to make sure that one is not taking place) because I am sure the wait times for the food court & buses could be long. WE would stay at Port Orleans French Quarter again. Hope this helps & enjoy your trip!

DisneyPrincess21
07-19-2010, 01:01 AM
Which one would you choose? My husband and I can't quite decide. We have stayed at Riverside in 2006. We've narrowed our choices down to french quarter or Cornado so we were wondering what your thoughts and experiences are. Thanks everyone

We love the POFQ for it's small size, quite resort, virtually no lines at the bus area, and my personal favorite, the boat ride to DTD. The boat ride alone is one of the reasons we stay at POFQ, it is a very relaxing way to travel to DTD.

ibrowse17
07-19-2010, 01:03 AM
While have never stayed at CSR, we loved our stay at POFQ. It is a smaller resort than POR, so everything was a much shorter walk. The theme was wonderful, and we enjoyed walking the "streets" at night. Enjoy your stay, no matter where you guys decide:thumbsup:

buzz2001
07-19-2010, 06:44 AM
I would choose CSR because of the queen beds and the newly renovated rooms.

Melanie
07-19-2010, 07:32 AM
CSR by far!!! Queen beds such a treat, and the newly renovated rooms are very nice. Actually we find the convention goers to not be a problem at all. In fact, our experience is that it takes them away from the food court and busses and they aren't as crowded. The pool area is awesome and the walk around the resort is beautiful, especially at night.

Not much at POFQ appealed to us, except for the close proximity of everything.

Mickey'sGirl
07-19-2010, 08:28 AM
We used to be French Quarter enthusiasts, but our children have outgrown the pool ... and the beds (our DS12 is over 6 feet tall). I would say CSR for the bigger beds, and for the awesome pool.

I think it's a great hotel for families or for adults.

KAT1811
07-19-2010, 11:14 AM
CSR by far!!! Queen beds such a treat, and the newly renovated rooms are very nice. Actually we find the convention goers to not be a problem at all. In fact, our experience is that it takes them away from the food court and busses and they aren't as crowded. The pool area is awesome and the walk around the resort is beautiful, especially at night.

Not much at POFQ appealed to us, except for the close proximity of everything.

:ditto: :ditto: :ditto:

We love CSR!!! The resort is beautiful, easily to navigate layout, the pool is HUGE, and the convention goers make it perfect!!! Like Melanears said the convention goers rarely use the ammenities. We are always able to get multiple chairs at the pool (we travel in a large group so there is often at the very least 12 of us), the busses are very quiet. Out of all the moderates it is by far our favorite!!!

MMFreak
07-19-2010, 11:36 AM
CSR! We have stayed at both and loved them but the CSR was a much better choice for us. The slide at the the POFQ is made for the younger crowd and the slide at the CSR is awesome. We never had a wait in the food court and the grounds are beautiful. POFQ is much more compact and close together. They are two def different themes and they both have pros and cons so it depends if you like Mardi Gras or a more Mexico type atmosphere.

ILoveMickey'77
07-19-2010, 04:30 PM
Another vote for POFQ! We have stayed there twice and loved it. So far it's our favorite resort. As others mentioned, it's very small and quiet. I love the boat ride to DTD. I've rarely had to stand on a bus. It doesn't seem like that far of a bus ride to any of the parks. At CSR, you are close to AK, EP, and HS, but it seems like it takes forever to get to MK. CSR was way too big. We rarely found ourselves going to the lobby/arcade/foodcourt. We thought Pepper Market was an extremely confusing food court and Maya Grill was one of the worst meals I've ever had at Disney. CSR is definitely one we won't be visiting again.

Note: We did go to CSR before the renovation and I have to admit, the rooms do look much nicer now.

TiggerFan13
07-19-2010, 04:46 PM
While we have never stayed at CSR we loved our stay at POFQ. We had a room in the back overlooking the river and we were still within easy walking distance of everything.
I would love to try CSR one of these days but you won't go wrong if you choose POFQ.

moe513
07-19-2010, 06:36 PM
looks like your reponses are split. I think the main difference is size fq is very small and csr is huge.
We have stayed at fq and thought it was beautiful. the pool is more for younger kids.

Mushu11756
07-19-2010, 07:10 PM
Thank you everyone for your comments. We will be there with a 3 year old so the POFQ pool for younger kids will work well that is if the weather is warm December 3rd and 4th. We picked POFQ because my son loves boat rides and we only plan on going to Magic Kingdom for the MMVMCP and then DTD the next day(also the bus ride from CSR to MK is longer as the previous post said). Although I'm dying to see CSR. I still want to hear everyones choices . So thanks again

Flower
07-19-2010, 07:46 PM
I would have to say CSR - especially with a 3 year old! There is an amazing playground at CSR with a 'bone' dig, the pool is fantastic and there is the kids pool, my 2 year old loved spending time at the beach area of CSR digging in the sand and laying on the hammocks.

Also, CSR gives you deluxe ammenties at moderate prices. There is a better food choice at CSR too.

POFQ is a nice resort, but POR has more ammenities and you may find yourself 'commuting' between the 2 resorts.

magicgal
07-21-2010, 06:30 PM
I love both resorts, but absolutely fell in love with CSR when we stayed there for the first time this past March. I have stayed at POFQ twice, and while it is a very nice resort, it did not compare to CSR IMO.

The comfy queen beds in CSR are wonderful, and the new room refurbs are great! The landscaping is soooo gorgeous and there are tons of amenities! The pool area is fabulous, my DS loved it! I could go on and on, but I will stop here. :D

finaldynasty
07-21-2010, 06:50 PM
While I love both resorts, my vote would be POFQ!! Coronado is nice but very spread out. This year we stayed in Riverside and easily found our way around FQ. Coronado is not as easy to navigate. I also liked the food options at FQ plus you can use the Riverside pool as well. As PP have mentioned the short ride to DTD is helpful, plus you can have Beniets for breakfast, lunch and dinner. because of that alone may DS(8), DDs (6 & 3) want to stay at FQ next trip!

caryrae
07-22-2010, 09:03 PM
Just this past trip we couldn't choose between those resorts either and decided to do a split stay with them, 4 days CSR, 4 at POFQ. We liked POFQ better because of the small size and didn't like the Pepper Market at CSR. The walk at CSR can be long if you just want to get a refill in your mug. We didn't hate CSR just liked POFQ better.

goofy89
07-23-2010, 11:21 AM
Both are very nice but I love CSR. It is my favorite resort of the moderates. For me I just preferred the theme. However, either way you can't go wrong! :mickey:

FriendsofMickey
07-23-2010, 12:01 PM
I am currently struggling with this same decision.
I absolutely love FQ. I like the feel, the CMs, the location to the parks, the food. The bussing is okay...

We stayed at the CSR in May, the pool area was fantastic (the food options were great at the pool as well). The rooms have sliding doors vs curtains between the sinks and the sleeping area. This was so nice with having littles ones that need their sleep. The busses were fantastic during our stay. Usually never had to wait much more than 15 minutes and they were not too crowded.
At night, we consistently had the same wait times for buses (unlike FQ, where we have had to wait an hour at times to get out of DHS and still stand on a bus).
Oh, my husband thought Pepper Market was good, but I was not thrilled with it at all.

So, I am struggling with the two... Right now FQ is booked, but really only because I had it booked before we even left in May.

tinksmom02
07-24-2010, 05:46 PM
I think if you're just going for two nights, like you said, that you'll be perfectly happy with POFQ. It's my favorite moderate, I love that it's smaller (so you spend less time walking!).

Having said that, I have stayed at CSR, and we are staying there again in December--I probably would have fought harder for POFQ but it was already booked. And there's something to be said for branching out. I'm hoping for warm weather, too, I know my daughter's going to want to try the pool! Last time we were there she was too little (by our standards) to try the slide.

You'll have a great time no matter what!

LudwigVonDrake
07-29-2010, 12:37 PM
French Quarter gets my vote. I love the smaller size of the resort and the beignets are delicious :tasty:

tnpoohbear
07-29-2010, 12:48 PM
We have never stayed at Coronado Springs but we did stay at POFQ in March and we absolutely loved it! It is so much smaller and quaint. We have stayed at POR and it was nice too but I prefer the FQ. And the beignets are fantastic - my DD even got some to eat on the drive home to TN from WDW!:mickey:

Mousemates
07-29-2010, 09:56 PM
Well, if it was just the two of you going
I would say a king-bed room at POFQ hands down...but with the little one that is likely "big bed sized" then I would go with the queen beds at CSR.