PDA

View Full Version : August 18th

wdwvacationeer
07-18-2010, 11:03 AM
I am wondering something. Our reservations are from 8/18-8/24 this year (exactly one month from today!) and when I booked them I had no trouble whatsoever getting what we wanted. Friends of ours have been trying for a couple of weeks to get ANYTHING for those dates and have been told to chose other dates for their vacation because there is nothing available. Does this mean the entire resort is booked for that week? She has tried free dining discount, room discount and just regular resort reservations and is out of luck. Should they keep trying? Might something open up? I have never seen this before- I feel sorry for them because it would have been nice to see friends over our vacation and also I am a little bit worried about crowds. Any insight on this?

SBETigg
07-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Maybe she could call Magical Journeys and see if they can find her availability somewhere? Sometimes, there are rooms available through different travel sites. I'm not sure if they could help her, but it's worth a try and better than going it alone. They're fantastic and no extra fees.

happy day
07-18-2010, 11:37 AM
I just looked for the whole week, and most hotels are booked. It is very strange. It is more crowded then it is in July. There are a lot of rooms available still for july, but not for that week in august. maybe the free dining took a lot of the rooms.