PDA

View Full Version : Port Canaveral shore excursion

jcshiff
07-18-2010, 09:58 AM
I'm thinking of taking a cruise out of Baltimore that stops for a day at Port Canaveral, and spending that day at MK with my 1 year old DD. We will probably only be at the park from 11:30 am - 7:30 pm. I've been to WDW more times than I can count, but this will be my first trip with a baby. Do you think it will be really hard on her, not having a hotel to go back to in the middle of the day? We plan on going the week before Easter, so do you think the crowds will be too terrible?

Or do you think we'd be better off skipping the cruise and just visiting WDW for a few days? Or should we save our money and wait until DD is a little bit older before visiting WDW?

caryrae
07-18-2010, 11:00 AM
For me I would probably wait to visit WDW when they were older so they could really enjoy and remember the special time at WDW but that is my opinion.

faline
07-18-2010, 02:49 PM
That's a pretty long day for a 1 year old at what is a particularly busy time of year. I'd probably skip it.

TammiMcMan
07-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Going to WDW at that age, the memories will be definitely more for you than her (we have some amazing video's and pictures of them though). Having said that, we've brought our children when they were babies and have had no problems. My kids loved sleeping in their stroller, so no issues with not going back to the hotel for a nap.

Personally, my kids were great travellers and I love Disney, so I'd do it ;) .

jcshiff
07-18-2010, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the advice! I figured she probably wouldn't remember anything. But she'll be the same age I was on my first trip, which I think is pretty cool. My parents said I did alright, napping during the Hall of Presidents.