PDA

View Full Version : Disney Christmas Season

steamboat willy
07-18-2010, 09:10 AM
Can someone tell me when Disney changes to Christmas Holiday decorations/parades/etc... and when it magically transforms back to Walt Disney World. :santa: :snowman: :santa:
We are looking at early an January date and would love to catch the Magic of Christmas at the Magic Kingdom. Thanks Steamboat Willy

Strmchsr
07-18-2010, 09:58 AM
They start decorating for Christmas pretty quickly after Nov 1 and MK is mostly decorated by mid-November when they start the MVMCP. However, a good bit of the resorts and other parks are closer to Thanksgiving before they get everything up.

As for afterwards, the Osborne Lights usually shut off around Jan 3-4 and everything starts coming down pretty quickly after that. It takes a few days to get everything down, but usually by around Jan 10-12 everything is down. I've been the first couple of weeks of Jan the last 2 years and you notice things slowly disappearing each day until it's all gone. The music and lights mostly stop after around the 3rd.

Rekenna
07-18-2010, 11:18 AM
I ran across a youtube posting showing the time lapse video of the workers changing the front facade of MK from Halloween to Christmas, if I remember correctly it only took them 2 nights. They were changing the Mickey flowers and everything!

*Maybe we should get these speedy WDW workers on the oil spill cleanup...with them this mess would have been a done deal by now!:mickey:

Daisy'sMom
07-18-2010, 12:33 PM
I hope the decorations this year are better than last. With the exception of Osborne Lights, Candlelight Pro. and the MVMCP, the decorations were minimal. I love to look at the stores when they are decorated, etc, but last year we were disappointed.:mickey: