PDA

View Full Version : Pixie hollow

moe513
07-17-2010, 11:11 PM
What is the Pixie Hollow in toon town??

Thanks

DisneyLuver91
07-17-2010, 11:14 PM
Toontown is going to be demolished in order to make room for Pixie Hollow, as part of the Fantasyland Expansion. Hooray....?

Fastpasssteve
07-17-2010, 11:46 PM
I do like the idea of a Pixie Hollow. I think it would be delightful for people to start dressing up with wings!

DisneyLuver91
07-18-2010, 12:13 AM
I don't know if I like the idea. I still would like to see Wonderland instead... :cloud9:

Strmchsr
07-18-2010, 09:50 AM
What is the Pixie Hollow in toon town??

Thanks

The current Pixie Hollow is inside the gift shop (the big tent) of Toon Town and is just a meet and greet area with Tinkerbell et al. The Pixie Hollow referred to above will be a new themed area dedicated to the fairies that will open in 2013 as the second phase of the Fantasyland expansion project.

Personally, I don't like the new Pixie Hollow idea. The fairies are just a fad and not part of the classic Disney (except Tink, but in her old incarnation, not the new one), but too late to turn back now. I hope they do something really cool with the new area. Haven't heard as many details about it as we have with Fantasyland Forest.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-18-2010, 12:38 PM
The current Pixie Hollow is inside the gift shop (the big tent) of Toon Town and is just a meet and greet area with Tinkerbell et al. The Pixie Hollow referred to above will be a new themed area dedicated to the fairies that will open in 2013 as the second phase of the Fantasyland expansion project.

Personally, I don't like the new Pixie Hollow idea. The fairies are just a fad and not part of the classic Disney (except Tink, but in her old incarnation, not the new one), but too late to turn back now. I hope they do something really cool with the new area. Haven't heard as many details about it as we have with Fantasyland Forest.

Hopefully they are creating it so that it can easily be changed to another theme once the Pixies are no longer popular.

moe513
07-18-2010, 01:34 PM
thanks strmchaser you answered my question

Strmchsr
07-18-2010, 02:09 PM
Hopefully they are creating it so that it can easily be changed to another theme once the Pixies are no longer popular.

Unfortunately, no.

Dznygrl79
07-18-2010, 03:25 PM
Definitly not my idea of a great attraction, however people are still snatching up the tink and friends books and there is another movie this fall, I don't know if its a fad or marketing idea slightly ahead of its time.

pixiesmimi
07-18-2010, 07:03 PM
Saw something on the Disney channel about the fairies in the garden off the bridge going into the Showcase in Epcot, I think. The fairies were there with people making jewelry and getting their hair done like the fairies. Is this something they are doing now with Toon Town being closed? I may have been wrong about where it was but it sure looked like what they called the "fairy garden" off the bridge. Maybe it was in MK but didn't recognize the area if it was.

gorechick
07-19-2010, 09:50 PM
Tink and the Pixies will be around for awhile. The Great Fairy Rescue movie is due Fall 2010 and the next movie " A Winter Story" is also in production. I also read reports of a live action Tinkerbell movie coming out.

Strmchsr
07-20-2010, 08:00 AM
Saw something on the Disney channel about the fairies in the garden off the bridge going into the Showcase in Epcot, I think. The fairies were there with people making jewelry and getting their hair done like the fairies. Is this something they are doing now with Toon Town being closed? I may have been wrong about where it was but it sure looked like what they called the "fairy garden" off the bridge. Maybe it was in MK but didn't recognize the area if it was.

This is only during the Flower & Garden Festival in the spring. They have a big pixie garden area during that event.