PDA

View Full Version : Accommodation Discounts linked to ADRs???

KAT1811
07-17-2010, 10:16 PM
I couldn't help but wonder if Disney backed the ADR window back up to 180 days in order to help them gauge busy and slow times. :idea: Think about it for a minute. :wait: If you are staying onsite you need to enter your reservation number online to make ADRs for the first 10 days of your vacation at the 180 day mark. If you call WDW dining they ALWAYS ask if you are staying at a Disney resort. :call:

Knowing 6 months out that ADRs are down during a certain time period would give Disney plenty of time to send out pin codes or run a special. :spy: 90 days out would never give them enough time to do anything about an anticipated slow time. :bolt: Most people don't take last minute family vacations to WDW. :crazy: I know that many of us do, I would in a heartbeat, but I know many more people that couldn't and wouldn't.

So, what do you guys think? :shrug:

DizneyRox
07-18-2010, 06:54 AM
I think they use everything to run their discount deals, including restaurant reservations. I don't link my ADRs though to my hotel stay, although Disney may do this behind the scenes.

Since ADRs are not binding thought, it's tough to give them a whole lot of weight to make big decisions on. But, I'm sure they know what percentage will be no shows and overbook accordingly.

Polynesian Dweller
07-18-2010, 12:10 PM
They always ask if you are staying on site because resort guests get the +10 day option for ADRs. Disney would use lots of things for promotions but it's really about selling hotel rooms not dining or theme park tickets. It's occupancy rates and they can see those trends many months out.

KAT1811
07-18-2010, 08:32 PM
It's occupancy rates

That's exactly what I mean,I think that Disney looks at the ADRs booked or not booked for certain time periods as a factor (one of many) in determining the occupancy rates for that specific time period. Hence the back up to the 180 day mark.

PopPhan
07-18-2010, 10:25 PM
That's exactly what I mean,I think that Disney looks at the ADRs booked or not booked for certain time periods as a factor (one of many) in determining the occupancy rates for that specific time period. Hence the back up to the 180 day mark.

Highly unlikely with the different Dining Plans available - QS, Std., Deluxe - and the fact that one can book numerous ADRs for any one day, or group of days within the 180 day period -- these have no direct correlation to accommodation bookings.