PDA

View Full Version : Special snacks!!!

thesplashmountaineer
07-17-2010, 02:11 PM
Excluding the obvious ones (Dole whip, mickey bars, churros,etc) , do you have any suggestions for special snacks??? some hidden secrets or some that most people are unawared of?

thanks!!!!:bar:

Rekenna
07-17-2010, 02:38 PM
I was looking at a cake thread on another site (my 2 oldest boys will be celebrating their B-Days on our next trip) and was just apalled at the prices of the cakes for sale at WDW. The nicest I saw for the price was a Mickey Mouse face/head shaped cake it looked very nice, but was $48! Ouch!

On this same site there were pics of items that were snack credits (at least at the time the pic was taken). One of the items were personal sized Mickey Mouse face/head cakes that were a snack credit at the Boardwalk Bakery! So that may be an option for a nice snack if available and an option for us for B-Day cake!:mickey:

Mandy Mouse
07-17-2010, 08:00 PM
I love love LOVE the apple pie apples found in the bakery. yummmm!!! carmel, white chocolate, graham cracker crumbs, and cinnamon sugar. I always bring at least 2 home with me.

KAT1811
07-17-2010, 08:09 PM
I love love LOVE the apple pie apples found in the bakery. yummmm!!! carmel, white chocolate, graham cracker crumbs, and cinnamon sugar. I always bring at least 2 home with me.

Okay, what bakery?????????? I have to try one of these on my next trip!!!!!!!

For me, I LOVE the german chocolate cookies at Goofy's Candy Co. They are super thick, moist and chewy chocolate chip cookies, topped with the german chocolate frosting they put on top of german chocolate cakes (the coconut kind) :cloud9: I make a special trip to DTD early on for them (and a couple bath bombs for the kids) then back again a little later on for some more!!!!!

LauraByTheSea
07-17-2010, 10:01 PM
Okay, what bakery?????????? I have to try one of these on my next trip!!!!!!!

For me, I LOVE the german chocolate cookies at Goofy's Candy Co. They are super thick, moist and chewy chocolate chip cookies, topped with the german chocolate frosting they put on top of german chocolate cakes (the coconut kind) :cloud9: I make a special trip to DTD early on for them (and a couple bath bombs for the kids) then back again a little later on for some more!!!!!

They have them on Main Street, too. I LOVE them! DH and I have to share though, because they are HUGE!

KAT1811
07-17-2010, 10:04 PM
I cut the cookie into fours and eat one section at a time! Savor the flavor! :blush:

kemps@wdw
07-17-2010, 10:52 PM
One of my total faves are sugared toasted pecans. Got them @ the little cart just outside The Land. And they're WAAAAYYYY better when they're warm and fresh!!! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

LauraByTheSea
07-18-2010, 07:57 AM
I cut the cookie into fours and eat one section at a time! Savor the flavor! :blush:

Good idea! I have a craving for them now... YUMMMM!

Eric87
07-18-2010, 02:45 PM
On my last 2 trips, I had stuffed pretzels in TL in the MK and by Echo Lake in DHS. One was cream cheese stuffed and I can't remember the other, but I couldn't believe how good they were. Definitely give them a try.

Hair_Razor
07-18-2010, 04:55 PM
So if you are ever lucky enough to go to Epcot Food and Wine festival you HAVE TO get Warm Chocolate Lava Cake with Baileys Irish Cream Ganache in the Ireland pavilion!! Insert drool spot here...

Mary Poppins fan
07-18-2010, 06:59 PM
School Bread and Caramel Apples! :tasty:

DisneyLuver91
07-18-2010, 07:32 PM
You HAVE to have the iced mocha.... It is like a Coolata from Dunkin Donuts only sooooooo much better. Disney makes everything more delicious. And remember everyone, in Disney, there are NO CALORIES! :mickey:

KAT1811
07-18-2010, 08:29 PM
And remember everyone, in Disney, there are NO CALORIES! :mickey:

Of course not!!! ;)

Mandy Mouse
07-18-2010, 09:49 PM
[QUOTE]Okay, what bakery?????????? I have to try one of these on my next trip!!!!!!!

It's been a few years since I've been to Disneyworld. Disneyland is my home away from home. I know they have them in the bakery on Main Street in both DW and DL but I am sure they probably have them in Goofy's Candy Kitchen and other places in the resort. I usually buy them in Critter Country in the Winnie the Pooh shop/bakery in Disneyland. They are amazing! and yes they are huge!

ElenitaB
07-18-2010, 11:40 PM
Has anyone had the carrot cake cookie from the Writer's Stop? It's one thing that I may try our next trip... apparently it's two cookies made similarly to carrot cake, sandwiched together with cream cheese frosting. I'm planning on making a vegan version of these for my birthday in a few weeks. The idea just sounds yummy!

One of my personal favorites is the Main Street Bake Shop's Apple Charlotte... simply yummy! :tasty:

BoricuaBell
07-19-2010, 12:32 AM
Thanks for all the great ideas guys!

DisneyPrincess21
07-19-2010, 01:04 AM
Has anyone had the carrot cake cookie from the Writer's Stop? It's one thing that I may try our next trip... apparently it's two cookies made similarly to carrot cake, sandwiched together with cream cheese frosting. I'm planning on making a vegan version of these for my birthday in a few weeks. The idea just sounds yummy!

I just read a whole article about this cookie on a Disney food blog I read online. It looks absolutely yummy! I have to try it in December.

snowflakegirl
07-19-2010, 03:44 PM
The Chocolate Croissants at the Main Street Bakery are delicious!!

afowl1017
07-19-2010, 04:04 PM
I also read the article about the Carrot Cake Cookie at Writer's Stop Cafe. I am going to try it for sure when I visit in September! I have also heard about some amazing peanut butter cupcakes over at Starring Rolls I wouldn't mind trying either :eat: But something I love to get each trip is the Warm fresh Cinnamon Almonds from the Nut carts....the smell.....oh so heavenly. :cloud9: Can't pass them by!

eeyorepoohfan
07-19-2010, 04:26 PM
The Napoleon at the French pastry shop in EPCOT. Holy cow, it's amazing!!!!!!!!! It combines crispy, creamy and sweet in one yummy snack!! It's basically layered like a lasagna. Crispy sweet cracker then creamy yummyness then cracker then creamy yummyness!!!! My DH and I shared one and undid the layers and made it easier to eat. This is a must do every time now!!! The best part is that it was around $4 or less in December!!! :cloud9: Now I really really want one!

E-Ticket4
07-19-2010, 08:00 PM
The Main Street Bakery makes ice cream sandwichs with their big chocolate chip cookies and scooped ice cream. I don't think it was even on the menu last time I was there but they still made it. Snack credit? I think so, but can't confirm.
Good stuff!

BigThunderFan
07-20-2010, 04:18 PM
Ditto the cream cheese stuffed pretzels and school bread from Kringla Bakery! Also the giant delicious brownies from Roaring Forks in WL and tie-dyed cheesecake from Pop!

We also love getting crepes from the stand in France and just about anything from the Boulangerie Pattisserie. YUM YUM YUM

magicalmom
07-21-2010, 12:52 PM
They used to have maple bear claws at a cart outside Canada in Epcot - do they still? Those were delicious!!

Pigtunia
07-22-2010, 04:02 PM
The peanut butter cookie at Main Street Bakery (MK) is the best peanut butter cookie on the planet.:cloud9:

"Magical mom", do you mean the Beavertails? It's a treat from Southern Ontario in Canada, and the Canada pavillion at EPCOT used to have them at a cart. I'm not sure if they still do, but they are really good.

BriarRose0708
07-22-2010, 04:35 PM
I am also a huge fan of School Bread from the Norway Pavillion. The bakery area of Tangerine Cafe in Morocco has delicious middle eastern pastries like baklava:cloud9: If you like funnel cake check out Sleepy Hollow at the entrance to Liberty Square.

magicofdisney
07-22-2010, 06:02 PM
We always stay at the value resorts. Most every night, coming home from the parks, I stop off at the food court and get a cookie. My favorite is the White Chocolate Macadamia Nut, but I'm happy with any of them, really. They're super soft and big and if you get them fresh, they melt in your mouth.

goofy89
07-22-2010, 06:16 PM
I like to stop in a gift shop and pick up a box of the coconut patties shaped like mickeys' head. They are so delicious! :mickey:

elephant rider
07-22-2010, 07:07 PM
"Magical mom", do you mean the Beavertails? It's a treat from Southern Ontario in Canada, and the Canada pavillion at EPCOT used to have them at a cart. I'm not sure if they still do, but they are really good.

The Beavertails are great. We have something similar here in the Scranton area that's sort of an Italian version called a Pizzafritta. It's just a slab of fried dough rolled in granulated sugar - but if you get one made right while its still hot its delicious. :joy:

BigWes6
07-23-2010, 11:41 AM
Chocolate covered caramel apple thats made to look like mickey at Main st confections :D

iheartdisney
07-24-2010, 08:32 PM
My daughter and I love the Rice Cream from Norway's Kringla Bakery. To die for!

tundramom
07-25-2010, 10:26 AM
Quirky, I know, but I really enjoy the raspberry frozen lemonade at Enchanted Grove at MK. I cannot tolerate most citrus, but this I love and it offsets the constant sugar intake nicely.

A Big Kid
07-25-2010, 10:57 AM
I dont have a problem walking from the far end of the Port Orleans Riverside fo the Port Orleans French Quarter to get an order or two of begniets.

Mrs Bus Driver
07-25-2010, 02:30 PM
speaking of breakfast I really enjoy the oatmeal with all the fixings at CBR. They most likely serve it at all the resorts but this where I had it. Yummy and filling :tasty: and only a snack credit. :mickey:

TinkerbellsMom
07-25-2010, 02:36 PM
My DD absolutely goes crazy for Zebra Domes at AKL and BOMA.

Tink1
07-25-2010, 02:44 PM
The Beavertails are great. We have something similar here in the Scranton area that's sort of an Italian version called a Pizzafritta. It's just a slab of fried dough rolled in granulated sugar - but if you get one made right while its still hot its delicious. :joy:

The ones at St. Rocco's picnic are the BEST! The beignets at POFQ kinda remind me of them, but not as good.

My favorite snack is any of the pastries in France!

Nanc

magicofdisney
07-25-2010, 04:30 PM
My favorite snack is any of the pastries in France!

Nanc
:thumbsup: We rarely visit Epcot without a pit-stop in France.

dmallan
07-25-2010, 05:16 PM
So if you are ever lucky enough to go to Epcot Food and Wine festival you HAVE TO get Warm Chocolate Lava Cake with Baileys Irish Cream Ganache in the Ireland pavilion!! Insert drool spot here...

That sounds wonderful! I will have to make sure we stop at the Ireland Pavilion.

The Napoleon at the French pastry shop in EPCOT. Holy cow, it's amazing!!!!!!!!! It combines crispy, creamy and sweet in one yummy snack!! It's basically layered like a lasagna. Crispy sweet cracker then creamy yummyness then cracker then creamy yummyness!!!! My DH and I shared one and undid the layers and made it easier to eat. This is a must do every time now!!! The best part is that it was around $4 or less in December!!! :cloud9: Now I really really want one!

Oh yes! The napoleon is on our list of favorites too.

Another item we got for a snack credit was a yogurt parfait in POFQ. One of these makes a yummy breakfast.

IamBelle
07-25-2010, 09:18 PM
Hmm..there are so many delicious snacks! Som that come to mind are:

Tye-Dye Cheesecake from POP Century-we bought some of these with us to eat in the airport on the way home...:)

School Bread in Norway...yummy...

The egg rolls from the egg roll cart in MK or the China Pavillion

Zebra domes from Boma...i'm getting hungry now!!