PDA

View Full Version : I think I am weird!

cardshopgirl
07-16-2010, 01:44 PM
Does anyone else feel like they have to defend Disney World when someone doesn't like it? I am one of those people who has been going there my entire life and I adore it, so when someone doesn't like it, I want to understand why. One of my friends doesn't understand why we go all of the time because she feels like it is "just for kids"

Well, we all know that isn't true, but I want to just say to her "HELLO! What are you talking about?!" :confused:

I just wish everyone could enjoy it like I do! I know people have different tastes...

IloveDisney71
07-16-2010, 01:54 PM
You are not weird. I just tell people not to judge me for liking it and I won't judge them for not liking it! :mickey:
I guess some people don't like theme parks in general or crowds so Disney holds no appeal for them. That just leaves more space in line for me! :thumbsup:

BigWes6
07-16-2010, 01:57 PM
We get that too ... If they have to ask they'll never understand .... Leave the fun for people who appreciate it !!!!:thumbsup:

cajundisneyfreak
07-16-2010, 03:23 PM
Me & my sister get that alot too.Why do you go every year? Don't you get tired of it? No never!! Only a true disney fan knows the feelings you get while you are there.:cloud9:

vicster
07-16-2010, 04:27 PM
We have the same problem with people not understanding why we go every year. My response now is that we go because we can. I don't have to explain our vacations to other people. Tried cruises and we just were not impressed with the "islands" - especially Jamaica and Grand Caymen. Nothing impressive and a lot of poverty in Jamaica. So we'll pass on the islands.

Itchy
07-16-2010, 04:29 PM
My girl friend is going for the first time with me the end of August.

She could not understand why I like it so much. I just told her that when she gets there it is going to be something that she will love or hate.

When others ask me why I go so much I simply tell them that its fun and relaxing and I like going to mess with the mouse.

You got to love it.:mickey::thumbsup::cloud9:

jlmct52
07-16-2010, 04:36 PM
Unfortunately, we're all in the same predicament and we will always be there. Some people just don't get it and no matter how persuasive we are they never will get it.
I've even showed naysayers some of the various Walt Disney World DVD's I possess and all they see is a "a plain old boring amusement park without enough rollercoasters".

Are you kidding me? Rollercoasters define an amusement park???? Pleazzzzzzzzz! Plus, they hardly even notice the beautiful hotels, water parks, dining areas, etc.

Oh, well. Less crowd we have to deal with I guess!:mickey:

TikiLounger
07-17-2010, 12:03 PM
Yup, we get that all the time, too. My sister even went so far as to give me a book (can't remember the title because I didn't read it) about how "evil" Disney is to try and sway me. I mean really...it's just where we like to go and have FUN, people. Why does it matter to them if we like it and they don't? Different strokes for different folks. BTW...my sister's idea of a vacation is to go to an all inclusive resort and just hang by the pool and drink the entire time. I like to travel to other places than Disney too, but I like to experience the culture and explore...not lounge in a hotel room or sit by the pool. Boring.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-17-2010, 10:59 PM
Tikilounger-are we related? Sounds like we have the same sister, except she never gave me a book-that would cost her money!

I've been to a lot of islands in the Caribbean on cruises and enjoy those. But I love going to WDW because I can be a kid again.

The more people that don't like it translate to smaller/shorter lines for us. I think with just us on Intercot, we can still keep the place in business!!

Dedivah
07-18-2010, 09:47 AM
Another wierdo here!

Fortunately, for me my whole family loves WDW, including my BFF and her family. We cant afford to go every but when we do we do it big.

We also love cruising, so we switch it up and alternate one year on cruise and one year at Disney. We have not been to Disney since 2007 and cruising since 2008 so next year we are taking a 2 week vacation and doing both. I cant wait!! :cloud9:

It's my co-worker and my boss that can't understand why we love Disney so much. They also don't understand why I vacation with the family either. Who vacations alone?? :confused:

kemps@wdw
07-21-2010, 10:57 PM
Nope! :shake: I don't think you're weird, and neither do the gazillions of fellow Intercoters here on this site. We get that alot too, but who cares! We like it and that's all that matters! :humph:

divinedi
07-22-2010, 10:52 AM
Yup, for me it's my brother, he's been a couple of times, but that's it, he has no desire to go again, been there done that and has no understanding (and doesn't want to understand) why I like to go again and again "it's so last year" according to him! YET, he goes to the SAME lake every year, to waterski, boating etc., something I don't enjoy doing, but I don't rag on him for doing it, it's his money and his life and he should do what he likes to do, but don't bug me about what I like to do!!!
Sorry, rant over :blush:

i'm grumpy
07-22-2010, 09:18 PM
And they always say how expensive it is. Yea right. :rolleyes: